NOVICE Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BallDon'tLie, Sep 14, 2010.

1. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

FreeThrowsBaby is so stacked, I dont even know how anyone plans on contending with that! We got points, rebounds, percentages. I'm planning on OJ Mayo to give me the points I need, because I dont have a real scoring threat like I did last year with Lebron. But I like the mix I have. Between D. Rose, Mayo, Marc Gasol, and David Lee, I think those 4 will give me the points I need. Assists might be a losing battle for me, which is too bad because I drafted D-Will. Anyone interested in D-Will?
  2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Hita you were so quiet last year. Wow, what winning a tiebreaker will do to someone! It's amazing. As far as your team being stacked, I dunno. It looks to me like you've got David Lee, David Lee and David Lee. With a little Marc Gasol thrown in for good measure. But what do I know, I lost a tie breaker to you last year so I'm no one important. Anyway, I'm sure everyone around here is happy you found your voice. Oops, exit stage left. Back to Advanced and Eric Gordon.:cold:
  3. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

The Ballahollics will NOT lose EVER!
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Not only intraleague but also interleague trashtalking - I like fantasy basketball!

I think you might be confusing "lose" with "win". It is a common rookie mistake. :stirthepot:
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Hita, I can only hope that you meant to hit the sarcasm button when you posted that hilarious entry to the forum. You are a funny guy! Just in case you're serious, let's take a look at your roster.

1. Deron Williams - His mama can't aver spell "Darren" correctly.
    2. D-Lee - Great last year as a Denver Squirrel. All the so-called "experts" are predicting a big drop-off for him on his new team.
    3. Marc Gasol - When your in the league and you're not even the best player in your OWN FAMILY, you got a problem.
    4. Derrick Rose - You would have been better off drafting PETE Rose.
    5. LMA - one letter shy of LAME!
    6. OJ Mayo - Another Ex-Squirrel, When I saw his name on the board this year I thought to myself, "Hold the Mayo!"
    7. Hibby - Yet another former Squirrel. I'm seeing a pattern here.
    8. Greenie -I've never heard of this guy. Isn't he Kevin Durant's butler or something.
    9. C-But - Speaking of butlers; have "Karen" give me a call. Rufus needs someone to answer his door.
    10. Hick - Here's how it's gonna be: Hickson starts. Hickson sucks. A-Jamison subs. A-Jamison hogs all the minutes. Repeat for 82 games.
    11. Smitty - When you're too much of a discipline problem for the freaking Denver Squirrels, you have SERIOUS issues! J.R. will be convicted of a felony by the all-star break.
    12. Bengo - (please see my sig) Your boy said this about YOUR team!
    13. J-Teague - Wow dude, quite a steal at 154 (...one spot ahead of Charlie Garbage who has the honor of being the first player of the season to be cut by his team).

Top 12 fosho hita!!!
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is fun. I actually kind of want BDL to rate my roster now. :MusicBigGrin:
  7. BallDon'tLie

You want the truth? You CAN'T HANDLE the truth!

1. K-D: This kid can bawl! I'll trade you Marcus Thornton straight up for him. - (...seriously, you should make this deal!)
    2. J-Kidd: This old spousal abuser is past his time. He's real good at beating up a closet door though!
    3. Al-Jeff: When you're not good enough to be a Mini Timberwolve, you got a problem.
    4. Aaay-Beeee - Had a good season last year. He'll spend this year standing around watching Ming work in the post.
    5. Aussie Andrew - This guy has one hand that works and an injured one that doesn't. The last time I checked, you need two hands to play hoops.
    6. D-Cuz - We here at the Denver Squirrels liked his attitude. You guys drafted him 4 rounds too high though.
    7. Super K-Mart - (see Aaron Brooks)
    8. AK-47 - This guy is one of the weirdest looking players in the league. I can't wait to see what disastrous hairstyle he's rocking this season.
    9. Elton Brand - You'd have had a better shot if you drafted Elton JOHN! ...EB, ...really?
    10. Anthony Morrow - Who?
    11. Wilson Chandler - Tom Hanks' buddy in cast-away. You picked this kid in the 12th round. You should have waited until the 16th round.
    13. Thad Young - When Elton Brand blows out his knee this year, he'll fall on Thad - injuring him for the season also.

...Seriously though, Marcus Thornton for Durant.
    Think about it!
  8. BallDon'tLie

Yeah?
    As MC Hammer says, let's "break it down".
    Folks, I present your 2010/11 Sandwich Microwaves:

1. Stat - No Nash = No numbers.
    2. Bosh - Do you guys get any sports news besides hockey scores up there in Sandwich? In case you haven't heard, Bosh now plays along side of D-Wade and LBJ. Good luck with that!
    3. Barg - You drafted a chick named Andrea?
    4. S-Jack - This guy's got "Squirrel" written all over him. I expect him to request a trade to Denver by the 2nd week of the season. He belongs with us!
    5. B-Jennings - He's still a couple of years away. ...maybe.
    6. Felt - Amare used to play with Steve Nash. ...Ramond Felton is NO "STEVE NASH".
    7. Shard - Jerry Lewis... Juliette Lewis... Huey Lewis... Emmanuel Lewis... - all better options in round 7.
    8. Jet - Jason Terry's most recent stat line from the preseason: 23 minutes, 1-10 shooting, 5 points, 2 assists
    9. Lame-are Odom - "serviceable" pick until Bynum returns.
    10. Brendon Haywood - "Haywood" ya look at this joke of a roster? Ha Ha!
    11. Tiago Splitter - I know nothing about this Euro dude other than the fact that he has a totally cool name!
    12. Jason Thompson - You drafted the old 1st baseman from the Tigers? Was Steve Kemp not available???
    13. Shawn Marion - This guy has not one but TWO female first names. If you look up "disappointment" in the dictionary, ...ahhhhh nevermind.

Don't worry three-six. If all goes well, your M-Waves should finish in the top-12.
  9. Mogilny

He weeps for busted picks, and he curses the players. He has that luxury. He has the luxury of not knowing what he is doing.
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

1st week is not over yet and I already have 3 injured players in active roster.

I must fire Arnie Kander, it seems.
  11. Mogilny

My team might be one of the sadest collection of players who's seen a basketball court. I am getting totally butchered and I'm even being slaughtered the turnover category with a bunch of guys not playing. I am the Joe Dumars of Fantasy Basketball. :cold:
  12. coynejeremy

That is not nice to talk about Joe Dumars like that.
  13. BallDon'tLie

Article from today's Denver Post:

14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

@BDL

I literally :pound::pound::pound: every time I read your Squirrels stuff.

I'm thinking it is time for a BDL/Rufus appreciation thread...
  15. Mogilny

Yeah, it's awesome.
  16. Mogilny

Another newbie question: Can I only sub my injured players when the week is over? And if so, is there anywhere I can see when the week is over? I've looked around a bit but I cannot find it. I'm not only the JD of building fantasy rosters, just like Q I keep overplaying my injured players. :nerd2:
  17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

this is a weekly league, so yes, no chaneges immediately
    there is a button "edit weekly lineup". Sure you can sub and kick and add players all the time but changes are reflected in the next week lineup.
  18. Mogilny

Ok, then it is as I suspected. I was just checking so I didn't miss anything like being able to use the subs during midweek or something. Thanks for the confirmation, rax.
  19. BallDon'tLie

Yeah, injuries kinda suck in weekly leagues.
    Currently I have Steph Curry as "day to day" and I gambled on him getting back this week and I lost.

...Then Nene goes down with a bad hammy with no mention of it prior to today. I have two starters putting up zeros in a week that I was already behind on games due to the way that the schedule worked out.
  20. coynejeremy

I missed out on Wilson Chandler the other day because the Orlando-NY game got postponed. That happened to me last year too when a Washington game got cancelled because of heavy snow. Those are the worst because they are completely unpredictable.