1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Novice League Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i had 14 blocks between okafor and ak47, wewt finally some production

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

and its about time too

3. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

I am fixing to put together a JD type format with my Fantasy Team. I will be rebuilding my team, because I have two many of the same players. I will atempt to hold on to James, Bosh and Maggette. However, no one is safe. There are great names on the block like Carter, Rahim (sp?) Gerald Wallace, Boozer Crawford etc.

***So lets make a deal

4. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

amare

i gave into picking him up now rather than just looking at his name and hoping for him later. it could either kill my season or be just the thing to put me over the top come playoffs

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's a gamble. I started to take it, but I'm really glad I cut bait and backed out. I think if it was a money league I would have gambled. But I was thinking I'll most likely make the top bracket of the playoffs with a decent seed anyhow, I'll lose to Webz anyhow, lol (even with Amare), so I may as well have fun and enjoy the next 8 weeks or more with a full roster. Then there is always the question of whether he will return on time and in what condition.

But I don't think it's a bad gamble to take. Just depends on what you want. It could result in the championship if you can get in the top bracket of the playoffs (top 6 teams...with the top 2 getting byes) without a full roster and Amare comes back strong.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@all, it's too early to take Amare. You are wasting a roster spot and losing potential wins NOW. This is not a Win Now Club mentality!

@Pastor, I'm thinking about a deal with you, but Pachulia is my one untradeable player. Maybe Baron Davis too. I want to keep the guys I enjoy following even if it costs me wins...

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wouldn't touch Amare this early even with someone else's roster. I'm not that mean.

That's a long time (and potentially an entire season) to hold onto a dead roster spot for. Especially with so many spots that earn points each night.

8. Abe Froemen

win now and later

i gave up on steven hunter because the last 5 games 0 points and only 5 rebounds while killing my fg% in the process so why not make the move it might help me now as much as later his blocks did not justify keeping him and his minutes have been down as well so i think i will risk losing practically nothing in return for amare. besides that when we drafted he was#1 on my list and did not get him well hes mine now and its a risk i will take

9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fair enough man, good luck.

10. Darth Tater

??? Actually, he was originally taken in the 8th round of the draft by MBabb's Ballers.

(You can view the draft results by clicking on "all league tools" on our main league page and then clicking on "view draft)"

11. Abe Froemen

pre rank?

i had him pre ranked as my #1 i thought oh well

12. Slippy

Darth

The Empire Struck Back but the Tato-Mashers aren't ready to change their name to "Slip Got Tater-fried." I am sure that tonight we will REBOUND back into contention, BLOCK Darth from regaining the lead, and STEAL a victory from the jaws of defeat.

My team will chuck bricks just to make things interesting for you. :eyebrows:

13. Darth Tater

Lol!!

Poor poor delusional Slippy. Did you bump your head when you slipped on some of that sweat streaming off of Big Ben's forehead when he stepped up to the line.

Actually, not to be foul, but Big Ben IS just about leading your boys in free throw percentage. I thought I'd never see the day that would happen. How can an entire squad of "All Stars" average 56% from the line? :pound:

Are you looking through Ben's Rose colored "goggles" to see a possible victory for your boys? Let me assist you by giving you a few pointers(maybe 3 points)about why I shall be victorious!

3 points why Tater wins:

(1) Did you ever see the movie attack of the killer tomatoes? Well, they were gonna use potatoes but it was too scary for the little kids.

(2)It rarely snows where I am so we just have potato fights in the winter. You've probably never thrown a potato in your life. (If you did it would miss the target...kinda like those free throws). :brick:

(3) :flame:Because my boys (Wade and Arenas) are gonna catch fire tonight.

I'm a reasonable guy. If you surrender UNCONDITIONALLY right now, I'll generously let you have 3 categories.

Yes, I know that is far too generous of me, but I'm that kind of magnanimous guy. :humble:

:bored: It's gonna be a bummer when our teams are done playing this week. This smack talk is great fun!!!!!!!!

It's coming down to field goal percentage in the end.
    I'm not even the least bit worried about losing. :lie:

14. Slippy

Ben + gogs > Tater Tots.

Darth who will you be rooting for? Nicioni? Hinrich? I'll be rooting for the MAN folks want to package with "the Other Guy" to get KG. The heart and Soul of Blue Collar, Back to Work, This is How We Do, Pistons BasketBall.

Tonight he's backed up by AK-I'm gonna get more blocks than your whole team-47 and Dwight "Much better than Darko" Howard.

And Don't Worry, I'll keep on trashing your team after this week:eyebrows:

15. Slippy

Pastor

Good Luck with Kwame Brown. Hopefully Kwame will come around for you. He didn't for me. Better opportunity than Dyess right now tho.

16. Darth Tater

I really want to pick up Dice or Arroyo just so I have a Piston on my squad, but if I do that I may as well have kept Amare because they don't get much more burn than he does. :ohwell:

Maybe if Darko gets a bucket tonight I'll pick him up just so I can play him against Slippy this weekend and aggravate him.:heh: Oh, wait... Hey Slippy, does it count as a blocked shot for Darko when the rim blocks HIM? They have to credit that to someone. :D

17. Slippy

Darth...great game this week. And a fun time too. I think my guys just petered out in the end. Thanks for the david wesley tip. He did the best of my lineup. I suppose its pretty sad when your FA outshines your A players.

18. Pastor Flournoy

Slippy I talked to KB and he said you were just not a very nice man and he didn't feel warm inside on your team. So we will see.

I am wanting to move Jamal Crawford and PJ Brown for a shotblocker or good rebounder, any offers?

19. Darth Tater

That was a lot of fun Slippy. Plus, it was so close that two categories (turnovers and assists) were literally decided by the last guy playing Sunday night. We each took one. It doesn't get any better than that! We beat each other up pretty good this week! lol.

:crutch:<-------- Tater Slippy------->:crutch:

Thanks for all the laughs with the smack talk and name changes (like "Slippys Tater Mashas").

Oh well, I guess it's time to go back to my regular Darth Tater avatar until our next battle.

20. Pastor Flournoy

Ok looking for a trade involving Crawford with one of the following.... Carter, Maggette . I will now begin to field offers for Lebron. Must be a great Rebounder or Assist package.