Novice League Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm riding on Camby and Brezec at the moment, which wasn't really my fault cos I had a lot of centres high on my draft list, just didn't work out with the auto draft. I had a ton of SF types.

All I want from the centres is some decent FG%, boards and blocks and as long as those 2 stay healthy, should be able to contribute that much at least.

Healthy is a big 'if' for Camby. Heres hoping.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

damps

Blount actually having value??? Is this a contract year? Is this Bizarro world? Good luck with Blount!
  3. Slippy

The reason you guys are struggling in the middle was because me and Linwood goobled up virtually every big except Yao and Miller. I got mine at the expense of virtually everything else. :doh: At least they had trade value.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thanks, but he scored 19 yesterday and played over 40 minutes. but as i stated i don't think i need a great deal from my centres. i've got garnett, brand and c-webb who do a lot of the big man work from the F position, and its not worth trading a great player from another position to get an average centre. i think i can get by.

dampier is probably better than blount but he doesn't look like getting enough minutes to be of much help. (only scored 1 pt yesterday).

had it been a live draft, i definitely would have got a decent centre early.
  5. Slippy

I meant "you" in general, not you meaning Webz. All you really need is a decent warm body to fill that slot because most centers will only add to the categories you're already strong in. Hopefully Blounts performance will continue and you'll have gotten a steal.

I've pretty much traded my expendable C's.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'm leading on superstarovs team 6 to 2. he's very deep at center with yao, ilgauskas, darko, dalembart, theo ratliff, and nazr mohammed.
  7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I have Dampier in the Advanced League. He only played 19 minutes last night and only had 4 Rebounds. That is not enough minutes for a starting Center nor is it enough production. I will give him a few more games before I dismiss him and find some scrub that can atleast provide rebounds. I also had Radmonivic from Seattle. He only played 11 minutes last night and from the looks of it he is the odd man out of the rotation. I am lucky I picked up Jason Collins off the waiver wire before the season started and he looks like he is off to a good start. I hope he keeps it up or I will be riding Marcus Camby and a scrub.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My roster is very strong. Everyone slept on Zaza Pachullia. No joke. I think the kid will be good this year.

I'm loaded for bear at PG (Kidd, BDiddy, Alston) so I am just looking for some depth in the bigs right now. Lots of interesting candidates floating around.

At this point, anyone I pick up will probably need multi position eligibility. No sense in having a bench that can only fill specific roles.
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I have no idea what I'm looking for yet. Good FG% from my bigs, but horrible ft%. Ron Artest and Richard Jefferson just killed me last night on % as well.

My workingmans guard combo of Sam Cassell and Rip Hamilton just torched the joint...

Gonna take some time to sort this all out:confused:
  10. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

I am very weak at PG and C. I picked up ZO:frusty: off of the waivers. I figured Shaq will spend alot of time on the bench(early fouls) with folks Pick and rollin' them all year. Plus I think Shaq will miss 15-20 games this year. However, he is a plug in player at best.
  11. Pastor Flournoy

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue. -Proverbs 18:21 Wow I didn't meant to speak....I mean type that on him.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

duuude!

I was just complaining about the TO's. Shaqs butterfingers were killing me. Now it looks like I'm even worse off! :mad:
  13. Pastor Flournoy

sorry about the ebonics it was a typo
  14. max

max All-Star

I like My Roster

AI is obviously the francise player. Up front I have Sheed, Bosh and Okur. At SF I have Bobbie Simmons. My SG is kind of done by committe. No obvious standouts but a lot of solid players like Katino Mobley and Stack.

Still have a lot of backup points.
  15. max

max All-Star

Sleepers

What do you guys think of Marvin Williams ( 2nd pick in the draft ) as a sleeper? You know he is going to play a lot on that team.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I picked the Hawks for most improved team.

With Harrington an on again, off again injury concern, and the lack of depth in their frontcourt, Williams could be huge. I think he would be worth picking up for a bench position.
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I also picked the Hawks. I picked Villaneuve as rookie of the year, but had Williams 2nd. I looked for Williams a few days ago butI think Max already has Williams on his team.
  18. Slippy

Max

I really dislike your roster. Especially this week. :P AI had more boards than Mags that first night :doh: ...and less turnovers :doh: :doh: .

The Darko-Nots have scrapped the bottom of the talent pool and dug up Delonte West and Smush Parker. Already starting WW pickup Tinsley, the Darko-Nots PG line-up will consist entirely of FA/WW acquisitions. It couldn't have gotten any worse. Hopefully these hot players won't chill out while on the D-Nots roster.
  19. Slippy

Franchise Players

Who Do you consider your franchise players?

Like the Charlotte Bobcats, my roster is built around Emeka Okafor. I had him high in the rankings but expected him to be my 2nd pick...not first. Well, we play the hand dealt to us, not the hand we wish had been dealt. I'm hoping Okafor will put together A-list player type numbers during the season. And hopefully, this strategy will produce an un-bobcat-like result.
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Was Shaq and Duncan

Thought I would go big, get the FG%, blocks and rebounds catagories. (everyone always wants points!)

I figured Shaq would miss a few games over the season, but I didn't expect a "Monther" during the second game!

My guards (so far) have been carying the load, and my frontcourt has been somewhat dissapointing. Go figure.