Novice League Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

holy injury batman! Wade's arm is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO injured, they cart him off on a wheelchair. What is next? a stretcher?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good thing for me Ralphie turned down my offer last month.
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Haha, exactly my thought. But 16 Mile must be feel even more lucky than you- we talked about trading Wade (shoulder) and Smith (Knee surgery) for Lebron James.
    I think I'm about to lose against the freaking worst team in this league- how come Zaza Pachulia, Mc Dyess, Darko, Stoudamire are all healthy and/or enjoying career weeks against my team while 3 of my players are injured?
    Btw, I tell ya, drafting Sczerbiak and Wade were two very bad ideas. Sczerbiak seems to hurt his ankles daily when getting out of the bed and with Wade, you have to be afraid every night because of his crazy style to penetrate.
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

normally i'd be willing to trade offers (especially some of the ones you proposed ralphi), but i just can't do it while my team keeps winning! aaand they do keep winning, so yeah. ;D
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My team is being outscored by Matt Carroll and Jack Jarrett. Do they even play in the NBA? I think the kimmie lights have snuck in a football player or two.
  7. Slippy

Ok 2XR! This is a big matchup. Both teams Jockeying for position. Both teams limping a little. It looks like a slog fest but we each need a good win to climb past Darth and his 'healthy at all costs' philosophy.
  8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

seems like your squad simply rolls over mine like a tank. No Wade, no Caron Butler, Sczerbiak out for season, JR Smith out for at least a month, Tinsley injured and you had two huge steals with Mo Williams and JRich. What hurts the most is that both cleared their wavers when you picked them up. No I'm stuck with Larry Hughes whom you dropped for the right reasons- he plays crappy.
    All of my title hopes are gone. I guess that's what fantasybball is all about. Once you're up in the sky and in the next moment you're down.
  9. Slippy

yeah, as the week unfolded it was apparent that you were a lot more hurt than me. I did lose games from Lee, Marion, Jamison and Yao but i got some big games from my guys.
    plus, i think that Starbury will score well with Jamal out. He's been doing ok recently.
  10. Slippy

I am predicting a Pistons-like meltdown of the Wackjobs before the fantasy behemoth known as Slippy's HouseOHealth (formerly Slippys REcoveryWard aka Slippys Infirmary).
    :pray:
  11. dba

Ray Allen potentially out for the year for ankle surgery, Cassell out, and Anthony Parker heading out for an indeterminate time. So much for the comeback. I want a league next year with twelve spots on IR.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

currently getting throttled by dba, but at least i'm the ONLY person who has already clinched a playoff spot :)
  13. dba

Well, not a great deal of suspense in the playoff hunt I guess.
  14. Slippy

yeah, thats brutal. I looked at the chasm and realized my hopes of beating Chips out of the playoffs was just a pipe dream.
  15. Slippy

Requiem for a League:

Sound the mournful trombone tones where once exhuberent laughter roared. We sit and wait like patient crows while the season stumbles to a close. :rip:
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I don't think I'm going to make it.

Again.
  17. Darth Tater

Linwood, in general you draft well my friend. But teams do not run on auto pilot. You need to set your lineup. Until you do that making the playoffs will be a tough road.

In essence, you're a good GM :lecturer:but a crappy coach:nerd2:!
  18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

without Wade, I have no serious shot at the title.
    But it will be exciting to see if Slippy's infirmary (a well- chosen name, just look at his latest acquisition, Peja, for whom he dropped David Lee) will get it done since they're rebounding monsters. Or if Warthog's all aroung machine (everything but free throws) is balanced enough to remain that strong. Or if they'll fail with the best record in the playoffs. We all know that this can happen :nerd2:
    Tater's team is decent too- he made a ton of moves and finally some of them paid off. But somehow I don't want him to win because he always rejected my generous offers :MusicBigGrin:
  19. dba

One way to know that perhaps it is not your year....

You have one guy playing on Monday night and your opponent has none. Your guy shoots ten for fifteen, but you still end the night 7-1-1.
  20. Darth Tater

LOL Ralph

I'll be shocked if Slippy doesn't win the title. Wart's team is very well balanced though and consistent. My team could pull an upset, but I can't sustain it for three weeks and Slippy & Kim kill me. Ralph, Wade killed you, otherwise you had a shot at the finals. Kim could pull an upset. Chips..maybe one series...maybe.

Slippy is healthy now. I don't see anyone stopping him (even Wart who made a joke of the regular season). He took 2nd place with everyone injured. Look out.