Novice League Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was 3 steals short of the win. Just trying to play everyone tight. Idea is for people to have fun and enjoy playing. I've never played head-to-head before, but I do follow many teams so that helps when it comes to knowing who is who on each team.

If Rafer Alston was healthy the last two games, I would have got my 3 steals...
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, Pastor got me by one steal. :mad: I deserved it. I think I had 10 guys play yesterday and got FOUR steals total!!!! Yeesh! lol
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Micro's doing a lot of moving in the FA market. I have trouble letting my guys go. What are you looking for?
  4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

that injury bug has been starting to bite me k-mart,a dn barbosa are out for a while, and micr is making use of it and whooping me 7-2! and barbosa and martin are not going to be off my team until 2 or 3 days from now because of waivers. this might be my first loss.
  5. Darth Tater

If you dropped those guys for new players you will acquire your new players the next day. The rest of the league, however, will need to wait for two days to acquire the players you released if they claim them on waivers.

Dude, if you lose it's not necessarily because of your injuries. It's probably because you are going to be going through the roughest part of the schedule over the next three-four weeks. I survived it (although I expect this week will be the toughest yet) and you will do ok too because you have a pretty good team. But you may as well forget about those 7-2 wins over the next month. 5-4 is good against the teams you are going to be facing and 4-5 or 3-6 losses could be in the cards too.

Good luck! :thumb:
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yeah i got a new player for k-mart, but barbosa will get off not until tommorow. oh well you look great so far to one of the best teams maybe even the best, you're up 6-2 against webz.
  7. Darth Tater

Yeah, IMO he's the best. I'd really be kicking his butt if Stojakovic wasn't hurt. Too bad it's only been one day with only a couple of guys playing. Believe me, he will eat up my entire lead by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I'm just hoping to play him close. I'm not being modest...I fully expect my first loss this week.
  8. roscoe36

I'm just staying mobile, switching up for players who are coming back from injury or getting hot.

I've had the benefit of BDiddy and JRich playing 16 games in November. That will come to an end and I need a deep roster to stay competitive.

I'm playing for fun. Anyone who wants to hit me up for a trade, or some suggestions, PM my Roscoe account. I don't answer many micro PMs because the account fills up too fast.

As DT mentioned, I'm happy with 5-4 wins and 4-5 losses. Anyone struggling, hit me up. I'll try to tip you off on some players that I watch but can't grab right now. If you are not struggling, don't hit me up. I'll give you lousy advice...
  9. Darth Tater

LMAOOOOOOOO :laugh: I think we should start calling you "Robin Hood"
  10. roscoe36

Your first hint would have been my taking on this site...
  11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

you know, this week i may be in a bit of trouble. my team has quite a number of players who are on the same team.

harrington/johnson
    brezec/knight
    camby/melo
    jones/jackson (who was just dropped)
    pierce/blount

it seems this week almost all these teams are playing on the same night. i've checked my schedule and so many guys will have to be left on the bench. which means there are some days where only 1 or even no players are playing on a given night. :doh:

yeah my efficiency might be better this week due to lack of games (eg. turnovers), but my numbers will be down.

luck just might be on your side this week taters... take it while you can! :ohwell:
  12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

in need of a mercy rule

This week my team has too many off nights where only a couple of guys play so I am just getting crucified in almost every stat out there.:Cry: There is definitely no chance of a comeback. Tonight Friday and Saturday are my only nights to make up some ground cuz Sunday Randolph is my only guy playing and i dont think mr double double can save me. So i am ready to bow to the superstarovs:hail:
  13. Darth Tater

Not much difference really. We've both had 8 players actually play so far. You have 30 player games remaining to my 32 (if I just now counted correctly). I took into account days where some of our players had to ride the bench due to lack of an open position. I was hoping for 4-5, but it looks like by the end of the week I'll be lucky to go 3-6.

The only think I'm "taking this week while I can" are my LUMPS! Anyone for lumpy potatoes? :laugh:
  14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I got my A team in tonight. Hopefully they'll do well enough to wrench some categories from Mcbabb.

Ike Digou is finally able to play. Hopefully he'll do good....next week.
  15. webz

great time for both my starting centres to miss games. camby - got a bruise (poor thing), and blount a DNP-CD (what the?).

took a gamble on picking up sammy dalembert early, but looks like he's back from injury today.
  16. Darth Tater

Stojakovic missed all of his games for me this week (3), so that more than makes up for your Centers.
  17. webz

i think you just compared stojakovic to camby, but that couldn't be...

haha :nono:

i'd take 1 game of camby over 10 of ol' marshmallow boy any day!

anyway, it looks like neither of us is going to get the others best shot, so the winner will be via TKO. :boxing:
  18. Darth Tater

Nope, you'll win because you have the better team. I'm not debating that. I'll win three pointers for sure. I'll be very fortunate to hold on to the 3 other categories I currently lead and lose 4-5. More than likely, I'll win two more categories and lose 3-6. I can live with that, but 2-7, which is entirely possible, would really stink for me.

I'll officially concede right now! Good game!!!
    (Watch out for Micro...his team is getting better every day). I still like my team and think I'll definitely compete for positions 3-5. :p:hail:
  19. webz

yep, i'm definately scared of micro's team right now.
  20. roscoe36

Me too!! :faint2: