Novice League News '06-07

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Thanks to Darth's ....enthusiasm :boink: ... we're going to open up the call for Novice Fantasy League participants.

We will be doing the same format (Yahoo head to head) as last year except with a live draft.

The purpose of novice league is to introduce people to fantasy basketball, develop comeraderie, and get folks more interested in the players they follow. If you really want to show off your GM skills, you may want to consider the Advanced league.
    Preference will be given to people with higher post counts in Pistons threads.

If you are interested, post to this thread by saying "I won't quit if my team sucks.". I will add the tentative participants to this post. We will discuss the details of the rules and draft as we go along.

Current Franchises Owners:
    Slippy
    Darth Tater
    Linwood
    dba
    warthog*
    AuroraKMW
    M4babbie
    Professor
    himat
    MCRrox
    twotimesRalph
    dlev59
    16 mile
    BballJay

Please notify me early if you are switching to the ADv. League so we can make room for others.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I won't quit even if Slippy's team sucks and Linwoods is in the intensive care unit.

I'm in commissioner Slippy, unless they want to put me in the other league.
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I won't quit if my team sucks. Though I reserve the right to move them to Oklahoma City.

The Sprockets are ready to leave small indentations on the opposition as they roll over them.

If I knock around on Yahoo, will I find rules and procedures documents so I can figure out how it all works?
  4. Darth Tater

Yes, they do explain how the whole thing works (drafts, waiver waiting periods, etc.) but I poked around and couldn't find it. I don't know if you have to wait until the league is up but they will have all of the general rules posted as well as any specific settings the commissioner chooses for your particular league.

But if you have questions along the way people are always willing to help and you won't need to wait long for your answers.
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was looking too and couldn't find anything through the Yahoo pages, but then just did a search and come up with this link. Looks like the right stuff...

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/basketball/

Is this conference call never going to end?
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I won't quit because I won't suck. I'm not a hardcore fantasy player, I just draft well. :)
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I won't quit because I won't suck.

I played in the Advanced league last year finshed 7th out of 12 teams. Maybe I need to step back in the novice league and learn a few more moves or just play both to keep me busy.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I was wondering... since we are doing a live draft, is there a lotta for the first three picks? Since I finished 2nd to last last year, I think I should be in.

I promise NOT to take Darko if I get the 2nd pick in the draft. :nod:
  9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i wanna play in one of the two leagues. last year was my first season of fantasy, but i think i could manage the advanced. i'll take either one though :D
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I need to learn how to proof read. I meant Lottery. Like, do the lowest 3 from last year get the first three picks? How is that going to work?

Can I trade 2 second round picks for a 1st round pick?
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ linwood - NO.

Maybe and I really mean MAYBE, we will look at doing a keeper league for PF Season 3.
  12. linwood

linwood All-Star

@Roscoe. Thanks for answering that. I didn't think Slippy was ever going to get back with me.:laugh:

@Slippy. I would like to file a grievance with you as the commissioner against YOU as the commissioner for not answering my questions fast enough. :eyebrows:

@Darth. Go ahead and order that championship banner in green, since I did go to Wayne State.:nod:
  13. max

max All-Star

I am the new commish. Slippy has already been penalized 3 draft picks and LADre/Warthog have been fined for violating the new dress code.

Whoever was doing it last year did a good job so keep it up I guess.

I would like to enter my franchise for competition next season. We already bought a new Organ and hired a dance team.
  14. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Good to see that there are people even more addicted to Fantasy ball than me!

Having survived the Advanced League last year, I'd say we desparately need to liven things up there. We often went weeks without posting. There was no life there at all, although the quality of play was very good. I'd like to see a few of the good novice guys who are true hellions challenge themselves against the best (albeit the quietest) and try to spice things up in the A-leagues.
  15. M4Babbie

M4Babbie Second Round Draft Pick

I won't quit if my team sucks.
  16. Slippy

interested fantasy basketball GMs sign up by next week please. We will be looking to coordinate a live draft so we need folks to sign up (that haven't already). Thanks.

p.s. The murder game will go into drydock during the season as we devote time to cheer on our favourite team so sign up with fantasy bball and have something else to chat about (on the boards...not in the chat room!) when you've exhausted your "Why isn't Delfino getting any PT" posts.
  17. Darth Tater

Do you want us to sign up in a seperate thread or do it here?
  18. Slippy

here is good.

since most have already done so. I just need more suckers, I mean participants...and also I need to weed out the ADv. league-ers that troll here.
  19. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i won't quit if my team sucks

or, in the immortal words of my favorite band, Yo La Tengo, in the title of their new album: [SIGN]I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your A**[/SIGN]

y'all be careful... i'm gonna work some dharma juju and some karma mojo and mebbe even a little jedi mind trick...:stirthepot:
  20. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Who's running the advanced league anyway? You "Novices" have all the fun.