Now The Nuggets Have 3 Head Cases

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Dec 19, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

But the Knicks have 4. Starbury, Nate , Jim Dolan, and Zeke. Stevie franchise is a little weird too.

3. buddahfan

I assume you weren't a Piston fan during the Bad Boy era or else you wouldn't be deriding Zeke.
    :gun1:

4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

looks like the 76ers desperately wanted to get rid of AI- and the 3 headed monster in Denver consisting of AI, JR and Melo would be frightening. COULD be. I can't imagine 3 scorers like them getting along with each other very well. Maybe AI finally becomes a PG.

5. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I agree. A whole lot of the criticism of of Isiah is simply anti-Piston and anti-Detroit bias from the national press. If Zeke had played in one of the media centers like NY, Boston, LA, or Chicago, his public image would be very different.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why isn't Joe Dumars image tarnished then?

Isiah made his own bed.

I'm not trying to bash him, but what has he done right in the past 5 years?

7. easybuckets

I adore Isiah but I question his judgement. Isn't he in hot water at MSG with a sexual harassment charge. And he admitted he tried to kiss the woman involved. I'm not sure, but I think he wanted a job here at one time, but we didn't hire him. He is a great player and I miss his beautiful smile, but I sure don't think he is perfect. I hope he gets to keep his job in NY. He did the best he could to satisfy LB , the drama queen, but LB didn't do much for Isiah. And I read somewhere that Starbury is his nextdoor neighbor! How sick is that?

8. easybuckets

Speaking of tarnished,... Scotty Pippen said on TNT last year that he still hates Lambeer, and would never shake his hand. How funny is that?? Pippen needs to let it go. Billy sure could get under the oppositions' skin. Maybe he should give our current team some lessons on how to aggravate the opposing players to the point where they absolutely lose it and can't play. And we also need some flopping lessons so we can get to the line more..

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

Joe was always the quiet guy on the Pistons...letting his play do all of the talking. Isiah is a product of Bobby Knight...with every bit of Knight's fire...but I think Isiah has mellowed within his responsibilities and scrutiny with the Knicks. The Knicks ownership is as much to blame for the woes they are experiencing now after giving Isiah a fistful of blank checks.

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Denver was my choice early on... everyone not named Melo will pine to see some leather... these two should take about 60% of the teams shots... there should however be plenty of garbage buckets from AI & Melo breaking down the D.
    By moving Miller it looks like they're planning on using AI as a PG.
    Not a bad deal for the Sixer... draft picks and some relief.... Miller will be a good facilitator.

11. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Whatever chemistry problems the Nuggets have created for themselves, they will be capable of some tremendous scoring runs to close out games. Nobody will want to face that in the playoffs.

12. buddahfan

It seems like you weren't around during the Bad Boy era either. Dumars was the the nice guy on the Pistons. He played the role. Its like when two cops bring in someone for questioning. One plays the bad guy and the other the good guy.

The national media has never liked Zeke, Bad Boy Bill, Mark Acquirre; i.e. Zeke's pal, or Rick Mahorn. A lot of it has to due with the period in which they came up to the NBA. At that time the NBA was still pretty much dominated by the old East Coast guard of Boston, NY and Philly, with the Lakers being the team from 3,000 miles away that showed up as fodder once a year during the NBA finals.

In those days the NBA was also a physically tough place with a lot of cheating going on. For example the Celtics would turn up the heat in the visitors locker room to like over 90 degrees and things like that.

Well Zeke and company were able to eventually beat these guys at there own game by being tougher and nastier then they were. And he always did it with that chesher (sic) cat smile that they hate. The East Coast media, especially the Boston media, aka that is why ESPN still hates everything Piston, hated the Bad Boys for dethroning their heroes at their own game.

Dumars played Mr. nice guy because that fit his personality but Zeke, Bad Boy Bill, Ricky, Mark etc gave the league hell and wound up winning two NBA titles and forever sealing the fate of the Pistons in the eyes of East Coast and national media. National Media is still predominately East Coast media. Even though L.A. has Hollywood the L.A. Times can not not compare to the NY Times when it comes to national credibility.

Anyway that is my take on the subject.

:stirthepot:

13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I bet they wouldn`t want to face the Spurs in the Playoffs either. I like Denver, but I don`t see them getting by the Spurs in the playoffs.

14. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Imo this makes the Nuggets a scary team. Denver now has 3 valid scoring threats in A.I. Yellow Mello and Jr. Smith plus an inside presence in Camby. This team hits 57-61 wins hands down winning the Northwest division. Utah won’t be able to keep up Minny has zero chance and Seatle does not have it in them.
    Throw in the fact that Iverson got Philly to the finals by himself and now he has real talent around him....a scary team. Denver stole Iverson and it could win them a title.

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Cosigned. This is the ultimate "new NBA" team.

16. Dlev59

I admit, Denver looks very good on paper, however, the games must be played. Camby is about as fragile as one can be, and he is their only defnsive presence, Nene is just returning from serious knee surgery; to me it`s a bunch of if`s and buts.

Again, I am not hating on Denver, I am just saying let`s see what they look like come March. Not to mention if the entire team stays intact.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think folks are overlooking that they will be without Melo for 15 games and Smith for 10. I'll be surprised if they go .500 until Melo gets back.

18. Dlev59

They beat the Wiz without them. That`s not saying much though......

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

One game emotional high. The scouting reports on Kleiza and Diawara need polishing up!

20. Dlev59

Who...:stooges: