Now The Nuggets Have 3 Head Cases

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Dec 19, 2006.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Depends on what makes a successful NBA team. If all the rumors are true, and you need a fast, high scoring team that can hit jumpshots, and defense isn't that important, than Denver will absolutely be one of the best.

If, on the other hand, you need the team to play a little D, then I think Denver may surprise. Iverson can't dish out the assists like Nash, but his defense is far superior. This should be a fun team to watch once Hit and Run comes back.

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I still say they will be no better than the 4th best team in the west, behind the Spurs, Mav`s, and Suns.

They will be fun to watch in the wide open "New NBA"

However, the deeper they go in the playoffs, the "Old NBA" might appear, with stifling D from time to time, giving AI and Melo fits.

It will be fun to find out.......

3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

After this trade with both CA and AI on the same team I think it becomes obvious why the NBA wound up using 2 different balls this year. Karl hasn't quite decided if AI gets to use the leather ball and CA the microfiber composite or the other way away. So he called Brown and Brown said it doesn't matter which ball they use as long as they play the right way. So Karl asked one of his assistant coaches; i.e. Adrian Dantley to call Zeke to get the answer. So Zeke said to Dantley. "Tell coach Karl I don't believe he has two balls"

:hoops:

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

One of the things many ignore is the Denver sixth man...the 5000 ft. altitude. It acts as a defensive presence, especially hard on those teams that have weak benches. JR, IA and Melo will run them ragged the first three quarters and then pick everything apart in the fourth.

This will be a very tough team come playoff time and I will never understand why Philly did not insist on getting JR. Denver won this trade hands-down.

5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hit & Run.....:pound: that's a good one....

6. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

If you're giving both of those guys fits at the same time then you're probably leaving the three other guys wide open, and if one of them is Boykins, you've got a problem.