NY Knicks March 11th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 7, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's funny, but Nate Robinson making that face is the most pleasant thing to see first.

I wonder what opposing players think when Fabio is guarding them; like Chandler he looked at him like "huh" and launches a three. WH needs a more intimidating look. Maybe a mohawk or face paint . . .

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

NY asked me not to front page Nate, so I won't.

But that was the saddest jumpball I have ever seen. I have never seen a midget outjump a so-called athletic power forward. Never.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Rip looking to top that with a fantastic play of his own. :doh:

It's a miracle the Knicks are even in this game. We are out rebounding them by a huge margin

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

Amir botched that jump...Nate wasn't even close.

Dice is da man and Stuckey is his butler.

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Thats what it looked like to me, but i was going to wait for someone else to say it first LOL

6. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Thanks Walter for making the Pistons lose.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Thank Curry for the end of game line-up. Max was a beast; totally deserved to be in there for most of the 4th and all of overtime.:good:

8. roscoe36

Well, Rip just had his "pass to Bird" moment as the team's leader.

Let's see if he can pick himself and his teammates up next game. Things like this can wreck a team's confidence and trust, or they can bring everyone closer together.

9. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I think this is the 1st time I have been this pissed off at our Pistons. I'm ashamed to be a fan right now. However, we live to play another day I guess. BTW, rip has the intelligence of cockroach. I feel better now!!!!!

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Those 2 rebounds he got were killer.

11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Really?

This one didn't even phase me much. We're not going to do anything this year, so why fret?

12. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

Rip = Dumb ass.

NY decided to completely SHUT DOWN Rip in the second half. They jumped all of the screens with their bigs. Smart.

Stuckey didn't know what to do. i mean complete confusion. He has to penetrate on such occasions or stick a jumper in their damn face. Make them respect you. You can't get EVERY damn bucket by driving and putting your shoulder into a person. I mean--you need to round out your offensive game.

Curry--HAS to have them make an adjustment. That was sad...no coaching--no switching up anything. He has to take responsibility when his players are confused.

Also someone please explain how Afflalo isn't getting Herrmann's minutes? I mean--we can at least count on Afflalo's jumper...I don't know what the hell you're supposed to get from Herrmann...

Also--all this posturing to play Amir by the world--he has some of the most meaningless game time of anyone on the court. I rarely see any sustained production from him.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

beauty.

14. roscoe36

About as much as we can count on Will Bynum's jumper bro.

AA's 3 point misses from the corner have the potential to land in another dimension.

That's not a defense of Walt who is only useful one in three or four games, but let's not go Amir on AA.

15. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

Oh well...I wasn't meaning 3's - when I've seen Afflalo though, he seems to know how to pick his spots 2-3 feet inside the line and hit that midrange jumper...I haven't seen him a ton - but I usually see him taking good shots when left open.

16. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Because of my rooting wildly for the pistons are every turn and my home and my office is decked out in pistons' stuff....this is a personal nightmare for me. In the last three years or so, when the pistons have lost to the Knicks, strange things seem to happen to Rip. I am surprised that rip did not get thrown out.

However, I was more upset at the lost in Chicago. Both games had mind boggling plays by the pistons at the end. Hopefully we can get the next one. Ugh.

17. roscoe36

He is very selective and really only takes good shots.

But his accuracy can be as wild as a Delfino three.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

A 35% 3-point shooter with wild misses is better than a 35% 3-point shooter with standard misses... because of the offensive rebounding possibilities.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Despite a lot of fine performances by the players, Curry managed to find ways to lose the game.

Like pairing Kwame and Dyess for a few minutes, opening the flood gates for NY in the first quarter after we started with a good defensive game. And then playing Herrmann enough to get us in trouble. Sure we had a lead going into the 4th quarter. But what lead is safe with Herrmann in the game playing zero defense.

As my daughter assured me right around the time we had that 10 point lead, Curry will find a way to lose the game.

I see someone wants to blame the loss on a foul by Rip. Gee, Rip just barely got some fingertips. But what if he had not challenged the shot - Hughes might have made that shot. The point - we should never have let NY back in the game. Herrmann should not be in the NBA, and then he would not have been able to spoil the game for us.

And Curry should not be coaching. He knows, apparently, what works. He did have the smarts to to start a power forward in this game. (He could have started Kwmame with Dyess.) In the 2nd half, he played a power forward a whole lot of it, pretty much all - though there was some small ball played. So why ever pair Kwame and Dyess there in the first quarter. What, just to let NY score a bunch of points?

And what is up with Herrmann playing? Last time things were going this bad, it turned out that Tom Wilson had some input into what was going on. Smells like his influence to me. Who else would decide to play a guy just because of his hairdo?

Worst coaching move of the night. Only a complete novice at coaching would do this - play a 35 year old guy with multiple knee surgeries the entire 2nd half plus OT. Yep, remember when I complained 40 minutes was rediculous for Dyess. Dyess exceeded that tonight. Great that he got a new personal record in rebounds. Great he scored so many points. A 20-20 game, that is rare. But Dyess was our most minus player when it is was all said and done. Just like he is the most minus player for the Pistons this season. Total misuse of a fine player.

Tay scored well, mostly right to the basket. Rip shot great. Stuck was a scoring and assist machine. JMAX played his usual fine D. All for naught, as Curry looked hard to find a way to lose this one. No matter how far ahead we would have been, he would have played Herrmann enough to let them catch up in the 4th quarter. Great efforts by the players, all negated by a coach who apparently does not want to win games. (The only way I can explain why Curry would play Herrmann - unless of course some higher up ordered him to.)

Rip was truly on fire with his shot. Something like 12 of 17 at one point. That is good.

Amir got into the game, and immediately got us an offensive rebound by fighting inside for the ball. A couple of times, he got the O rebound, and missed on the putback attempt. Count that as bad coaching. If Amir had been playing at all lately, he would have made those shots. But I can pretty much guarantee this - if Amir starts showing signs of really getting it on offense, Curry will pull him out of the rotation. He is far to set on playing old men. Amir did hit an outside shot.

Kwame got into the game for a while. Got a dunk. He played fine. Absolutely no reason not to ever put him back into the game. This kind of thing, just this alone, is enough reason to fire Curry. You don't play Kwame in the 2nd half - while playing Dyess the whole half? Total, complete nonsense.

Bynum did little really. But he did his job, kept things going while Stuckey, who had some foul trouble, sat.

I did not catch anything on Sheed's status. If someone did hear something, let us know. Everyone have a good night.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Was it me or was NY driving and scoring a lot even though DET had a C and PF forward on the floor 99% of the time?

Walt = +1 in 19 minutes, Amir -1 in 18 and Max checks in at -9 in 26.

5 points & 8 boards in 44 minutes for Amir/Max and 21 & 22 in 43 minutes for the decrepit bulls eye Dyess.

I bet no team has fouled more 3 pt shooters at the end of a game than DET the last 3 years.