NY Over/Under

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by jammertime, Oct 9, 2005.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With egos already starting to clash in NY, how long will these guys last?

Isiah Thomas
    Over/Under 2 years

Larry Brown
    Over/Under 1.5 years

Stephan Marbury
    Over/Under this season

2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

It's not as bad as it looks. I am sure Zeke new what he was getting when they brought Larry in. That's why I do not believe it is going to be any worse than he has already expected.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think the Knicks will make the playoffs... which will save all of their jobs...Marbury might be kind of tough to trade with his contract... he has a reputation as never directing his team to the playoffs.... he could really help this team off the ball though with a better distributing PG... with Crawford they might pull it off without losing size in their backcourt.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Seriously, I'll take the under on all of them.

Brown will bug Thomas to get rid of Marbury. Thomas will do it somehow.

Then the Knicks will stink and Thomas will be totally aggravated with Brown when their personalities clash anyhow, so he will fire Brown after the season if Brown doesn't quit. No. Brown has a big contract. Thomas will put the squeeze on Larry so that he will quit, but Larry will have a "medical relapse." He won't quit so Thomas just fires him and Larry takes the loot.

By then the owner is sick of this dog and pony show and he fires Thomas and the Knicks still stink.

Larry has a huge ego and so does Isiah. I don't see either one of them changing at this point. Both can be vindictive, too, IMO. This just isn't going to work.

Off the topic:
    :frusty:<-------------what is this guy saying? Can anyone read lips????

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

He's saying it's all Larry's fault :^)

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I give the Knicks one season before the wheels fall off.

If Zeke is as smart as I think he is, he will let LB do his thing for a year or two and instead of trying to impeded him, he should start planning for the post LB era NOW.

In the short term, I have no doubt that LB will shape that squad up. Make them tougher and accountable. When he inevitably starts getting unbearable, Zeke can step in with a plan and make the moves to look like a hero.

Remember that Zeke made a deal with the devil. LB will drive him bananas now, but it will pay off on the court and prolong Zeke's career in NY. One more year out of the playoffs with a lacklustre performance and he would have been looking for a new job anyway.

Really doesn't matter much to us, except that our Knicks games on the schedule just got a whole lot tougher because LB will pull out all of the stops to beat the Pistons.

7. Darth Tater

LOL mercury. Not really . I think it will be 1/3 Larry's fault.

I don't know much about Marbury, but it sounds like he has an ego. At any rate, I'm guessing some of the players will contribute to the clash either with poor play on the court or locker room problems or most likely both.

I love Isiah Thomas for what he did for the the Pistons organization. I love his toughness, passion, and desire to win at all costs. He is a shrewd businessman in some ways, but wasn't he the same guy that almost single handedly destroyed the CBA league? I can't remember if he owned it or was in charge, but I do remember reading (5 years ago?) all kinds of stuff about how poorly he ran it and how he wouldn't listen to advice from others and how he did only as he pleased. I remember reading that he ran it like a tyrant and he almost destroyed the league with his decisions and he left it in financial ruin. Correct me if I'm not remembering it properly, but I think it's correct. Anyhow, he is super tough, but his ego is huge and he can be a jerk.

Larry gets the last third of the blame. No more...no less. I agree with what Micro said in the above post about Larry regarding what he will do and the inevitable clash with Isiah. Only difference is I think the owner is going to boot Thomas too. Not because of Larry, but because it wasn't going to last with isiah anyhow. That being said, I don't even know who owns the Knicks. I know he was willing to spend big bucks for a coach, so maybe the guy loves Zeke, has no ego of his own, and will let him do as he pleases. I'm guessing that isn't likely.

I'm not even factoring in the media. The New York media is going to blow everything up. Just think what the Detroit papers did to it and make it tenfold.

It's going to be ugly, I think. Give it a year at best. No more.

8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Isiah Thomas
    Over/Under 2 years

Over - Larry Brown just saved Zeke's career in NY. They were a trade away from the playoffs...(which they did with Curry) ..and probably one more trade away from being dangerous.

Larry Brown
    Over/Under 1.5 years

Over - 2 years and he is outta there. Larry will get the itch to make another move and will complain about the fast life of New York being too much for his family or some other type of lame excuse.

Stephan Marbury
    Over/Under this season[/quote]

Under this season - Depends on Houston's health. Argueably, the Knicks have 4 starting shooting guards on the roster with Houston, Crawford, Q and Marbury (if reports of Brown's dislike of Marbury's game for a PG if accurate). If Houston is healthy, I look for Nate to take over the PG postiton and for Marbury/James to be packaged to land another quality player. I think Nate Robertson is the future PG of that franchise.

9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He's saying "damn or dumb".
    Over, Over, Over. Starbury is Zekes guy. Gotta start somewhere.
    I was thinking, maybe Mr. D. fired LB because the players are the talent here. We could probably get by with a rookie coach.

10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

just watching some of the knicks/spurs game. every time the knicks turn the ball over or allow an uncontested layup the knicks "fans" boo. it almost makes me feel a bit sorry for Larry.

you'd think the self-proclaimed 'most knowledgable fans' would recognise that:

a) they are rebuilding
    b) they are learning an entirely new system
    c) they are playing the nba champs
    d) they should stay away from games

ps - the spurs lead by 20-odd at the half.

11. jammertime

Hmm... looks like it just might be Under for LB according to reports from espn.com

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I thought this was a new thread. Then I see my post. WT?
    Let me make a change.
    over
    under
    over
    On LB getting the loot
    over

13. Darth Tater

Accountability can be a female dog, but sometimes it works out just fine too! :D

14. jammertime

Well, 2 of the 3 are now officially in the books.

LB - Under 1.5 seasons

Starbury - Over this season, although now that they have the Franchise, we'll see how much longer he's around.

Thomas - TBD, although I sure didn't see Coach after 1 season as an option.

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Did ya have to bring this thread back up.... N.Y. to make the playoffs...:doh:

16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Larry's "Dream Job" became a nightmare

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I changed my LB late. <L:~E]
    Is Thomas still GM? No, then it's under.
    F'in Tater was dead on.