O.J. Mayo to DET article (mlive)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Mar 8, 2013.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Detroit Pistons Gameday: Next time O.J. Mayo plays here, will it be as a Piston? | MLive.com

C: G. Monroe, A. Drummond, S. Kravtsov
    PF: *J. Smith, J. Jerebko
    SF: (1st rd. pick?), K. Singler
    SG: *O. Mayo, R. Stuckey
    PG: *J. Calderon, B. Knight

I like the idea of bringing in Mayo. 25 years old, but an NBA veteran already. Scores almost 20 a game. Shoots over 40% from deep (something we need). Plays decent D.
    I also like the idea of retaining J. Calderon and letting him groom B. Knight (who will serve as a nice combo guard off the bench) as our future point.

I also like the idea of bringing in J. Smith, our anti-LeBron, and having a nice three-headed front-court of he, Monroe and Drummond all getting 30+ mins a game.

Should be a nice SF available for us in the draft as well.. S. Muhammad, O. Porter

2. MARK MADSEN!

MARK MADSEN! First Round Draft Pick

I don't mind Mayo but his price will be kray. But I am so sick of hearing Josh Smith's name.

We just don't have enough flexibility, yet. Stuckey will still be here, as will BoT ("would you turn that money down?") Muhammed may fall to 5th, which is where we will be in the lottery, also in the Porter/Oladipo neighborhood. In that case we're not going to get an elite offesive player but it is Pistons DNA, if you will

3. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Smith ain't coming to Detroit.

brofmfa and pass99 like this.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mayo ain't coming to Detroit either.

brofmfa and pass99 like this.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

:crossed:

6. PistonsPoland

PistonsPoland First Round Draft Pick

Mayo my number 1 pick for the offseason from day 1

7. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Josh Smith. 1) Money talks and we have it. 2) He's the best anti-LeBron there is the league; and that's something we're going to need if we're ever going to get serious; 3) He's a fine young-ish player, all-around. 4) There will be 30+ minutes a game available for him, Monroe and Drummond at the 4 and 5 positions alone.

O.J. Ma
    yo. 1) Money talks and we have it.

Charlie Villanueva. 1) Amnest
    y.

Rodne
    y Stuckey. 1) Trade (I pray).

Muhammad, Porter, Oladipo. That's the order I'd prefer them in. I'd love to have an
    y of the three (Oladipo's a little small to be an NBA 3 though).

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What have you seen over the last decade that indicates that Joe Dumars is capable of signing a legitimate NBA player in free agency?

9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I agree, if this was just left up to JD. It may now seem that there are distinct and highter profile directions on aggressive trading. Tay, for me was the ice-breaker. Perhaps only Drummond, Monroe and Knight (sadly, still solid with the club) might be the only untouchables.

10. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure if our biggest need is an anti-LeBron or if it's an anti-anti-Biyombo to keep up with the Bobcats in the race for lottery balls. A three-headed beast of Stuckey, Chaz plus one more really bad signing is hard to match for any GM.

linwood likes this.
  11. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Gee, I had to read this three times-over to understand. You are beginning to sound like me.
    Yea, you comment about the Stuckey got me straight.
    With this club, it's beginning for us all...to match.

Mogilny likes this.
  12. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

There are no untouchables on this team. I like Drummond, and I think he's going to be very good, but that's my hope. Right now he's a good defender, seems to work hard, and plays a very important role on the team. But there's nothing to indicate that anything else will definitively improve. Again, I hope so, but you can't call him "untouchable" - that word gets thrown around way too easily.

Lebron James is untouchable. Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin are untouchable. Everyone else in this league can be had for the right price.

KGREG likes this.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You're absolutely right in terms of Andre Drummond.......Is he: Shaq, Dwight, (the good) Lopez, Deandre Jordan, Jevale McGee???? No one knows for certain. We hope, but no one can say that they KNOW!

14. The Panda

Andre Drummond is untouchable. No one can give us the right amount of assets for him for the price we pay. There is no trade. Every GM who passed on him bar Dell Demps & Neil Olshey is kicking themselves.

As for production, name 5 players at the centre positions who's per 36, DWS, WS & PER match up to his. He is arguably already one of the best players in the NBA at his position - he just needs to work on conditioning.

15. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

If you wouldn't trade him for Lebron, Durant, Paul, Griffin, Noah, Varejao, or Irving (to name 7 guys), you're crazy. He's one of the best at his position, and yes, he's an incredible value, but the question is whether he's going to be a superstar, and that's an unknown.

I mean, I HOPE he's going to be a superstar, but I'll take a sure thing every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sideshow Bob????? Are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Panda

I would trade him for Lebron, Durant, Paul, Griffin or Irving. The other two are garbage.

But the real question is, would I trade him for anything except the cream of the cream? No I wouldn't. Is the cream of the cream up for trade? No.

Ipso facto, he is untradeable. End discussion.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How can you trade lebron for drummond salary wise?

19. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

You just need to have enough cap space and do it in the summer. I don't think the salaries have to match in the offseason as long as the team are under the cap. Maybe trading for LeBron is Joes masterplan?

20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Miami would do that deal. I'd hate to lose Andre, though. Maybe we could substitute Jerebko and Maxiell for Drummond. They would get an extra player that way.