O.J. Mayo to DET article (mlive)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Mar 8, 2013.

1. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Fans trend to look for new sensation is a natural just wonder why are there so many reasons.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You would have sold facebook in your sophomore year at harvard for $4m. I want to get $16b.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  3. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I never owned Facebook, so I can't say. I sold Pets.com for $100 million, though.

linwood likes this.
  4. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

You're 100% correct. Brandon Knight is a work in progress, but he's always going to be part of the solution, whoever he ends up playing for. Stuckey has NO heart. He's a complete and total loser.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. J-Train

Drummond is the most physically dominant big man in the game today. There are bigger guys, and there are more explosive guys, but nobody is as big and as explosive as he is. He's one of the top three rebounders in the league today. He's one of the top five or six shot blockers in the league. There are big men who are great rebounders, and there big men who are great shot blockers. He's both already. He'll be among the per minute league leaders in both categories, no matter how many minutes he plays. He has as good a pair of hands as any big in the league. If he was on the clippers, and playing 36+ minutes, he would be averaging 20+ points and 12+ boards, to go along with his 3+ blocks. I can't wait to see JC and Dre run the break.

Any player who I would trade Drummond for is already considered untradable by their respective teams.

There is no way in hell I would trade Dre for Noah or Side Show Bob. I love both of those players, but Dre is already almost in their class, at 19 years old, and both of those guys have pretty much reached their full potential.

As for Mayo, he's a player. Will he be worth the dollars that he commands? I don't know. A three guard rotation of JC, Knight, and Mayo would be rock solid. Mayo's iso game is overrated, and his three point shooting limited to wide open shots. He's not usually sticking threes with somebody's hand in his face, so he usually ends up passing on some halfway decent looks. He likes to wait until he's being "guarded" by guys like Stuckey or Bynum. Still, he could get some open looks playing Dre, Moose, and a penetrating wing. Both JC and Knight would swing him the rock.

A cheaper, and maybe better option, would be Jarret Jack. It might depend on who we draft. If JC walks, then we might need to target both. I hope we can keep JC, since I like him for this team more than I like either Jack or Mayo. We really need a guy in the back court who can defend bigger guards and shoot the three.

Walter and The Panda like this.
  6. PistonsPoland

PistonsPoland First Round Draft Pick

No No, No Jarret Jack please... We really need Mayo, he is the best option this summer. Calderon + Knight + Mayo will be a good rotation. Behind them Kim English

7. J-Train

He thumped the Pistons last night.