O6 NFL Draft...What will the Lions do?

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Apr 24, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Randel El type player?
  2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Why not? Cause we can get him for free now cause nobody wanted him! :eyebrows: Sorry Merc. Don't you hate wiseguys who wait to answer your question until after all the facts are in. :nod:
  3. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Only knock on Sims is his injury-plagued history.

Other than that, he is a beast:nod: .
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today. We had 2 7th rounders, so why not? Not that he's undrafted, we should at least give him an invite.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I think this "character guy" thing is somewhat overblown...
    Kobe's not a character guy, Ray Lewis ain't no character guy.... now a loser like Harrington... there's a character guy for ya...
    we need tough minded athletes that are driven by dominating not being good guys.

As for Vick... I'm not too thrilled about his potential... but if the guy has blazing speed he's worth a FA look... the worst that happens is you release him... he's in a position that he has a lot to prove ... sometimes that can work in your favor

I'm feeling a little better about Sims after finding out he's never had to leave a game due to concussions (mostly mild with one consider high level).... but it's still a legit concern.

Prediction, 4 wins next year... one of the 5 worst offenses.... we can bring this up at next years draft... maybe there will be a "worthwhile" offensive player then. :^)
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Sure...why not fill a roster with injury prone non-character guys with lots of talent...like Charles Rogers. He is working out beautifully. :doh:
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sims is a legit mid 1st rdr. I heard 3 teams called to get our pick. But Millen backed down. Nobody had Sims higher than 13.
    Bringing in Vick would be a disgrace to any player at a position we have now. I wouldn't even let him return kicks. Not even on the goon squad.
    And what blew my mind was about 3 teams traded up in the early 2sd and took the last good DBs right in front of us.
    I hear W Justice is a punk too. Let's just get guys with a passion for the game.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Or you could look at guys like Rodman & Mahorn... after the championships no one said damn those guys had a screw loose we should never have taken them.... there's a gray area between competitiveness and being a detriment to the team.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Mahorn had pro experience and was known as a "thug" on the court...not off of it. I don't think anyone questioned his character off the court. In fact, Mahorns a good guy. He was once spied at night dumping a whole bunch of brand new Starter Pistons jackets into a bin for some kids charity. He wanted to do it anonymously...from the heart...no other motives.

I'm not sure we knew too much about Rodman when we drafted him. He was a bit of a hyper flake at first, but nothing like the finished product we saw. Anyhow, when he got to be too nutty (carrying guns and wearing dresses), we dumped him.

I am not saying we need to draft choir boys, and the bottom line in Sports is ability, but I think character goes a loooong way. If given the choice between a guy with questionable character and a little more potential talent than the guy with good character, I'd take the character guy. He may turn out to be the better player anyhow.

Do you have confidence in Millen's ability to draft players and build a team? I certainly don't.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I have no biz criticsizing anyones character. But all of a sudden Kobe is a monster [butt] and I'm not singing any of his praises just because he can score. F' these dorks!
    It's one thing to have a minor mess up. But when it's a pattern...cut the cord.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Lions screwed up again. Ernie Sims is a great player, but the lions could have traded down and still got sims along with another good player.
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Chew got it mange.