Oct 28th Real Training Camp: Spurs and Pistons

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Oct 25, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thank Merc for the update!!!

7 p.m. Friday, October 28th - Real Training Camp: Spurs and Pistons

NBATV

And my Canuck buddies like Jammertime, Dirk Diggler and rdang can catch it Raptors NBATV Saturday as well.

2. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Ugh. That show sucked. We got a 12-minute segment and they talked to exactly two team members, Chauncey and Arroyo (who does a funny Dale Davis impression). It's probably just me, but they seemed to put a lot more effort into all the lousy teams that came before. We got the scraps left over after the Spurs and their commercial for V.I. tourism.

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Finally, a reason to watch RaptorsTV! I shouldn't say that, I did enjoy the behind the scenes at the draft show they did a while back. It was interesting to see how it all worked. Of course, we're talking about the Raptors, so you got to see what not to do, but it was still good to watch.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pistons camp on NBATV

If you're like me you missed the first showing at 7:00.

Here's a brief summary about the TV spot:

JD talked first... said he never thought it was possible for a team to have fun and work so hard at the same time.
    He said he felt Flip was the perfect coach at this time.
    Having Chauncey experienced with Flip was a huge plus... he prepared the team for what Flip was about.

J.D. said he wanted a very deep team and now we have it.
    D. D. provides toughness... Evans provides off the chart athletisism.... definately Piston DNA.

My observation was that Flip was pushing the team hard... he was on top of them yelling instructions... a couple times telling Darko "Let''s go Darko.. let's go"... does DMC need pushing?

Joe likes that our team is under the radar... he likes where they are right now.

They said they wouldn't hestitate to use any of these guys off the bench... they can all contribute.

CB said .. "On this team nobody cares about who get's the glory"

Flip said there's not a "right way" and a wrong way... you have to find a balance of what makes the team tick.

5. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick