Oden to have arthroscopic knee surgery

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Sep 11, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:)
    I am not saying he looks old, but I bet if I were to shave off my grey beard, let my hair grow, and stand next to him, I could possibly pass as his nephew or son and I am 52 years old:sssh:

On a serious note if he were really 30 years old, it would be one of the greatest hoax ever pulled off with both TBlazers and The Ohio State being duped. But medically speaking he could have degenerative gene that is causing the aging in his body as it relates to the way he looks and the medical issues....???:confused:
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Oden's body is clearly older than 19. Sometimes due to genetics that happens. I wonder how old greg's mother is. Just watching him play and hearing him talk (he doesn't sound like a 19 year old). I think age wise he is 19, but his mind and body is probably around 30.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If he were 30, that means that he would have been 17 in 1st grade. I'm pretty sure they would have noticed that one of the kids was 7'0", 250 lbs.

You can probably trace his yearbook photos back if you went to his school.
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am not saying he is 30 years old, just that he is aging faster. He is a 19 year old man in a 30 year old body. Plently of people the aging trait.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think the issue is that Oden looks old, and apparently has a worn body, as opposed to some kind of fraud dealing with his age.

It appears the Blazers bought damaged goods. Frankly, I would rather have Durant. That's a guy who will have a fast impact.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Oden may have that affliction that Abraham Lincoln had. He was exceptionally tall and physically fragile.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So, knowing what you know now (that he will miss a year and may have health problems going forward) what # would you have picked Oden in the draft?
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Both Oden and I grew up in Buffalo and I can tell you from first hand experience that they don't notice anything in the Buffalo public school system!!! LOL

Notice that the article doesn't say at what age he started school in Terre Haute. Knowing the Buffalo school system my guess is that they had to put him back about 3 to 4 grades when he started in the Terre Haute school system.

Greg Oden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:hoops:
  10. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

How weird is this: Both #1 picks for the NBA and NFL more than likely won't play at all in their rookie season (Russell MIGHT, but doubtable).
  11. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

For a team that has been burned by the big man bad knee thing not once but twice already you know the blazers brass is seething on this. Greg Oden the cornerstone of a franchise cant miss once in a lifetime player misses, his first whole year. Wow did not see that one comin:sherlock:

Blazer fan in smiles after hearing about Mr Oden:nailbiting::lalala::smash: :frusty::doh::pray::reading::gaah::swear2::Cry::beer::pray::loser::hanged2:
  12. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is a tough break for the youngster. The aging process is genetic and how you treat your body. The mental process is obvious, so usually this remains hidden.

Some realistic questions (if not originally asked) by the Blazer's staff:
    • How does his body react to constant stress?
    • How much recuperation does he need for continued activity and how does his mental makeup accept adaptation?
    • Are there any indications that past injuries have a distinct pattern showing any signs of muscular or skeletal susceptibilities?
    • How does his mental makeup react toward knowing the difference between pain and typical aches?
    • Did anyone look closely at the grandparents?
    The list can and should go on. You won't know (realistically) what type of player he will be until 2010.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

KP - "Greg, we're going to take you #1"
    GO - "Cool man."
    KP - "Now there's just one thing left, we need to give your gran mama a physical"
  14. Murph

Murph First Round Draft Pick

The Darko pick doesn't look so bad in light of this development.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :tape:
  15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

LOL...just for reference: genetic characteristics which show dominant strains usually skip a generation.

From the guys: a frightening thought which might cause us to run in chaotic directions and away from the original choice.

From the ladies: "I was expecting a bit more."
  16. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Actually, i know a number of people were expecting something similar to happen to Lebron. he had so many endorsement deals beofre he even stepped on the floor. Dude is out for a whole season. That sucks. Hopefully it makes him that much hungrier next season. If the pressure of being the #1 pick crushes his confidence, then Portland will be in serious trouble.