Official trade thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Jan 14, 2007.

1. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks Lurker.

Not a trade, but Eddie Jones may be bought out in Memphis. Rather than giving up something for Morris Peterson or Bonzi Wells, how would you feel about Eddie Jones coming in like Webber for a minimum contract and be off the books next year?

I'm very tempted myself. Particularly when a player like Jones would probably be coveted by Phoenix, Dallas, Miami and San Antonio.

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I have always liked Eddie Jones... he was a two way player (defend and decent scorer with range).
    I would imagine the Heat would have the inside track on him.
    A little long in the tooth but what the hell... give us your seniors... your senile... AARP discounts at the Palace.

While we're throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks:

"I really don't know what Chris will bring there," said Bulls center Ben Wallace, whose departure from Detroit prompted the move, at least in part. "But if Chris plays the way he's capable, then he can't help but improve them."
    "I thought he would end up with someone like the (Los Angeles) Lakers," forward P.J. Brown said of Webber. "He would be a good fit for the triangle (offense) with Kobe (Bryant) there. They could use his experience on the frontline.
    "The Pistons are kind of loaded up front. Chris definitely makes them better, but how much better I don't know yet."
    The Pistons may not be done, either.
    Word out of Detroit is that general manager Joe Dumars is interested in Toronto Raptors swingman Morris Peterson and Houston Rockets swingman Bonzi Wells. Pistons center Nazr Mohammed is rumored to be available.
    "It wouldn't surprise me," Wallace said. "Joe isn't the kind of guy to sit back and wait for something to happen."

Source: Chicago's Daily South Town

4. max

max All-Star

A possible deal that has intrigued me was when I read that Jemaine O'Neal wants out of Indy this summer if they can't turn it around. Loosly translated, if Birds barn burner 4 player deal does not make them contenders then O'Neal will want a new team next season.

I would be willing to deal any 1 of the starting 4 along with whoever else they would want. Sheed would be the obvious choice since neither he or Jermaine like playing center. But Sheed would probably be the least desirable player. Then again Bird would not exactly be dealing from a position of power. Or would he? How many teams would be lining up to make that deal.

As long as we keep the backcourt intact the Pistons can contend with O'Neal.

5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

If Eddie Jones can still shoot (and at 31% on the year and with steadily dropping percentages over the past 3, that's a big "if"), sure.

Here's one that I would personally never make but could be interesting for everyone involved: Rasheed Wallace and Carlos Delfino for Marcus Camby and Eduardo Najera.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He's one of those players I really love to hate, but put him in red, white, and blue, and he could be my buddy. He really seemed shocked and disappointed in the Golden State trade in an interview before the game tonight. If the trade doesn't improve them he could want out.

Uh, don't look at your TV now, but Stackhouse is singing the national anthem. Not pretty.

7. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

I have been trying a few trades on realgm( RealGM: At the Crossroads of Business and Sports for those of you not familar with it)

Here they are in no paticular order.
    Nazr for Antonio Daniels... so far my favorite

Nazr for Jaric for Mo Pete.... It works I like it

Nazr for Bobby Jackson.... Arnie could resurect his career

Nazr for Derek Fisher... not gonna happen but it could work

I like the Nazr for Bobby Jackson as well and imo it could help both teams.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd like to get Daniels. And Washington could use a center who isn't trying to kill their other center.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Word. Nazr is all about peace.

10. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL

I never even thought of that. Yeah, I think Daniels would be a nice addition. Good call Abe.

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Nice work Abe...
    Hey don't let Kgreg see that Daniels deal... not sure his keyboard is druel proof... lol

Daniels can D.... he'd be the logical choice... course the Wiz would have to move a center.

Since we're starting a new senior center at the Palace, BJax would fit right in for BINGO night.

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

DAMM RIGHT!!!!! I'm a big time ADaniels fan, I tried that trade but I just don't see Wash doing that trade, they've finally kind of found their groove and the only way they'd give us AD is if we packaged Delfino in the deal.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Here's a deal that almost went down...

Flip murray for Jason Hart

According to agent Bill Neff, the Pistons recently tried to deal Flip Murray for Neff client Jason Hart.
    January 18, Sacramento Bee: Hart, who told The Bee in mid-November that Neff had requested a trade from Petrie, said Wednesday he backs his agent's actions and simply wants a chance to play for a team that wants him.
    "That's just my guy trying to keep me afloat," Hart said of Neff.
    As Neff disclosed during his radio exchange, the Detroit Pistons offered Ronald "Flip" Murray for Hart. But whereas Hart is in the final year of a contract that pays him $1.68 million, Murray is being paid $1.75 million this season and $1.89 million if he exercises his player option next year. The Kings, Neff said on the show, didn't do the deal because Murray's contract had a season remaining.
    "(Flip's second year) was low money, not like $10 million," said Hart, who has played in only 12 games this season. "I'm in a tough spot, but what made me feel good is that somebody called (about) me. I just want an opportunity. If I can't get an opportunity, I respect that. I'm not crying for minutes. I'm actually just trying to get out of here, you know what I mean?"

Full article from Mlive

14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I had to go look him up. Probably no great loss there. Doesn't look that hot, but then again, what are you going to get for Flip Murray?

15. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Do you think they would pull the trigger Nazr for Daniels if the Pistons threw in the Minny pick? Or is that not enough...both 2nd rounders? I wouldn't do that, no way Joe does that. Aside from the always changing big 3 (Arenas Jamison and whoever) they don’t have much Haywood.. averages less ppg than Nazr same with Etan Thomas. I don’t see why they wouldn't consider it. Imo after looking at the roster Washington Wizards - Roster - NBA - Yahoo! Sports they could really use Nazr.

16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

This one's out there a bit I know, but I'm bored. This deal depends on what the truth behind Sheed's play really is.

Rasheed Wallace
    Nazr Mo
    Ronald Murray
    Will Blalock

----for----

Kurt Thomas
    Marcus Banks
    James Jones
    Pat Burke (Filler)
    ATL Pick

We fill our backup needs at PG and SG/SF with solid, young players. James Jones is a sharpshooter (with the leather ball) that frees Delfino from this role, and opens up the floor for the bench. Banks can penetrate and create his own shot. Kurt Thomas is a solid big man who can grab some boards, defend, and hit the mid-range shot. Next year, he's an 8 million dollar expiring contract that can be used in a mid-season type deal. We ditch Nazr's contract and Flip Murray in the process.

But the biggest selling point is the ATL pick (which Phoenix is probably willing to part with to get them over the hump while Steve Nash is still in his prime). At 13-23, the Hawks are looking at a top-5 pick. This gives us a crack at one of the franchise-type players in this draft (Oden, Durant, Wright, etc) to go along with Orlando's 1st and our own. We could re-build without an off-year, and still field a rotation that would contend right now:

Pg- Billups / Banks / Hunter
    SG- Rip / Delfino /
    SF- Prince / Jones / Delfino
    PF- Thomas / McDyess / Maxiell (Minutes split pretty evenly among the 3)
    C- Webber / Dale

17. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

That ATL draft pick is protected. Can't be within the top 3. I wouldn't do it, too risky - the hawks are doing horribly.

18. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

If that pick must be conveyed this year as long as it's not in the top 3, then I'd do it (assuming Phx would.). Sheed fits perfect there and can be the guy to help them contain Dirk and Duncan. He puts them over the top, I'd have a hard time imagining how they couldn't win with him.

And if we're trading Sheed, we're pretty much taking ourselves out of the running. The price for that might as well be something to help us build our next core.

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sign me up on that deal... lately I'd trade Sheed for a tube of Preparation H (he's been a pain in the arse).... I like the idea up removing his contract.
    Always thought of Thomas as just having a midrange game and some rebounding... not much else.
    Not sure why Banks never reached his potential.

Speaking of the P word... Jason Hart looked like he was on his way to big things when he was with the Spurs... then he disapeared.

It should be fun sitting back and watching Joe try to pull a rabbit out of a hat :pop2:

20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A Warriors deal in the works (hoping for Pitrus)

From the Contra Times:

Mullin intimated Wednesday that another move could come sooner rather than later. There are already rumors about the Warriors trying to get center Nazr Mohammed from Detroit, which has been shopping Mohammed in a search of backcourt help.