Official trade thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Jan 14, 2007.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Surely not for Jackson. Surely. Not. No. Please, no.

Pietrus would be a steal.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

In the interview Joe did with WDFN a couple of days ago, he commented on the Indy-GS trade, and one of the big plusses he listed for Indy was that they got rid of a "problem" in Jackson. I was surprised to hear him refer to any player in such a negative way. So I don't see Joe bringing in someone who's that screwed up unless it's Tim Duncan's evil twin.
  4. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't understand. Why would Memphis buy out his contract when he comes off the books at the end of the year anyway? That huge contract could still be used as chess piece in a trade. Big expiring contracts are coveted by rebuilding teams.

Can we get Monta Ellis instead of Barnes?
  5. roscoe36

None of the teams into tax territory (looking for relief) have anything of value to trade (trying to make playoff runs). That would be my guess.

And maybe, the team wants to get the cap relief instead of having to take back contracts and picks. So they will try to get rid of Jones a little earlier, and possibly save some money on the buyout.
  6. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Jasikevicius is a bum and Barnes is Nellie's miracle reclamation project of the year.

I have to believe that even Nazr is worth more than that.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Chris Seridan from ESPN (Sheed's buddy) thinks it will be Nazr for Girecek... yuk
    His contract only goes thru next year... trade fodder for the summer.
  8. roscoe36

9. linwood

linwood All-Star

I just looked at Giricek's stat line for his last three games. Makes MC's stats look gaudy.

I know we are all anxious to get rid of Nazr, but in 20 minutes, Nazr comes close to a double double (and 5 fouls) where Giricek only comes up with the 5 fouls.

Gotta be a better deal than that out there.
  10. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Expiring contract, no? I'd rather an expiring contract than a decent player. We have Delfino to backup the swingman spots.
  11. roscoe36

This is hilarious

12. max

max All-Star

Ros - that is hilarius because a different paper pointed out the surplus of swingmen.

If they did want Mohammed then why not involve Det in that deal?

What gets me is the Jekyl and Hyde nature of GM's. They have no problem handing out long term pricy deals over the summer to get their FA. Then when its trade time its all about future cap space, the contract lengths have to match. Sorry, even though we love Mohammed and would have signed him anyway you have to take this 5 year contract in return.
  13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

According to Hoopsworld (via Mlive)we can have Bonzi for Nazr if we want him...

"The Rockets don't need a starting center. They need a solid back-up who can fill the void while the team waits for Yao Ming to return from his knee injury. Mutombo is playing outstanding basketball, but what would happen if he were to get hurt while putting more than 30 minutes per night on a 40-year-old body? The way the Rockets have struggled with injuries over the last few seasons they would do well to bring in another reserve who could start in a pinch.

The Pistons are considering some other deals, but the Rockets have reportedly made it clear that a Nazr-for-Bonzi deal is ready and waiting".

Houston would have to throw in cap filler (Sura?) to make it work
  14. max

max All-Star

A deal with Golden State for Jasikevicius is interesting. I think he and Delfino could compliment each other. Delfino more the slasher and decent defender while Jas would provide shooting and passing. Plus we still have Hunter for defense.

Pietrus seems to pretty much do the same things that Delfino does.

Wells would be interesting. He has not been playing much this year.

Dumars may have to just buyout Flip. Not sure if you want to keep a guy around who is used to and expects to play a lot.
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I was sold on Wells in the off season but now I am not so sure. I think he just was producing because he was in a contract year. The few games I have seen him play this season he looks grossly out of shape and can't seem to find his shooting touch.

Matt Barnes is an intriging player and he fills up a stat sheet quite nicely. If they would take Nazr and Flip Jr. for Matt Barnes and Jasikevicius that would be a sweet deal that would sure up our bench.
  16. max

max All-Star

On O'Neal. He has already said that he wants out this summer if Indy does not improve. So he is giving them the rest of the season. Can't recall where I read it but I am sure we will be hearing more of this later.

Kind of a seperate topic since nothing is going to happen until after the season. At age 28 he is still in the same class as the rest of the young phenom PF's like Bosh and Howard. Just something you have to look at regardless of how the Pistons finish.

On the immediate trade. Jasikevicius is my favorite proposition so far. A lot has been happening since that Juric rumor ( which was the worst prospect so far ) thats tells how fast this thing has been moving. Something should happen soon.
  17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

could anyone tell me why JoeD is looking for players like Pietrus or Barnes? I hope this isn't true.
    What this team needs, is a backup PG, only maybe a backup SF (considering FlipS keeps refusing to hand minutes to Fino at the 3 spot).
    The primary goal is a backup PG since this team simply hasn't one.
    Trust in Fino!
  18. max

max All-Star

Only can take whats available. I would imagine moving Mohammed is the priority over getting the exact fit.
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

A guy like Ellis or Bonzi would be perfect if Flip just moved Delfino as the first backup PG for Chauncey.
  20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i like ellis, bonzi, barnes, and pietrus. any of them would be good imo