1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Official trade thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

No to SARUNAS please.....

He didn't do much with the Pacers as backup for Tinsley and let's just say I'd let uhm, Rip play point than have him.

He's slow, doesn't defend, no wonder he passes the ball so well coz he can't do anything with it.

Ellis would be great.

Next choice would be Pietrus.

Haven't seen much of Barnes, but he'd be my next choice before choosing Bonzi

2. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Given that rotations shorten in the playoffs, anyone other than Ellis or Bonzi isn't going to make a huge diffrence. Ellis seems a longshot, but Bonzi's doable. Either we get the good Bonzi and have a major gamechanging force off the bench, or we get the bad Bonzi, who we suspend and keep away from the team then he's FA and we're done with it. It's a very high-reward low-risk move.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Beno Udrih on the block in SA. Brent Barry too. I would love to see Brent play here.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah but from the rumors, SA wanted dice in return for barry, which is just a NO.

i had a dream we traded both nazr AND dice, and i was sad :(

5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

PG's are like a diamond in the ruff. They are not that many good one starting let alone as back ups. You also have to take in account what the stones have to offer in return. At this point I would take a guy that can put up 10 to 15 points off the bench and can shoot 3's. Our second unit with the exception of Delfino who is inconsistent, doesn't have a legit scorer from the perimeter.

6. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Rumor is Gasol is on the block. Is there any package we could put together to get him? He's in the top few bigs in the league, and someone to allow us to remain very competetive for a long time. I'd give up some combo of Amir, Maxiel, Delfino, picks, to get him. Somehow would have to balance the salaries. Any thoughts?

7. roscoe36

It would take a lot. Davis and a starter, or Hamilton with filler or Sheed.

8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

If Joe can trade Sheed for Gasol I would hope he pulls that trigger. Throw the Orlando pick in if we have to.

I love Rasheed, but that trade keeps us in contention for longer, not to mention Pau's craftiness on the offensive end. No more barrage of three pointers coming from our best post threat.:gun1:

9. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I think Gasol would be a great pick-up but why would Memphis want Sheed and his very high priced salary? Usually teams in lottery contention don't want big contracts so I don't see Detroit in contention for Gasol. With all the injuries out there there has to be some movement but every team thinks their players are All-Stars when someone comes a-callin' for them. I would love to hear some of the offers that Joe Dumars is fielding right now. Makes me wonder which of our players are being coveted. I would wager a pretty penny that a few calls have been made for Maxiell and Delfino -- two up and coming players that won't be starting for awhile and are bargains. I doubt anyone is looking for Flip Murray but he would help out on some teams that need offense and that includes Cleveland who wouldn't even resign him.

10. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Nazr, Dyess & the Orlando 1st round pick would be wishful thinking...it would probably take both our 1st round picks though...

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like Sheed and Gasol's contracts are a wash money-wise, so that deal could be done straight up. It might be more beneficial for the Grizz than at first glance.

Sheed only has 2 years left on his contract whereas Gasol has 4.
    Gasol's next contract is only going to go up, whereas Sheed's will be going down.

If the Grizz do net Oden in the draft Sheed will be a good mentor for him. Sheed is a big who can help spread the floor for the Grizz with his outside shooting, and not allow teams to double down on someone like Oden and give him room to operate. Sheed can still provide a post presence for shooters like Miller as well.

We could also toss in DD to sweeten the deal who's contract is expiring.

We get back Gasol who is going to be a bargain really for another 4 years at Sheed's current price.

Starting lineup of Gasol, Webber, Tay, Rip, Billups. Not bad at all.

Trade off Nazr and Flip, with DD and Sheed gone that opens up 2 big man spots for Max and Amir to step in. Bring back Acker. Wooshka!

Bench of Dice, Max, Amir, Delfino, Acker and whoever we get for Nazr/Flip. Plus our 2 1st rounders. Theres a contender.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Grizz can do a lot better than Sheed... they'll get a rising star and a pick at least.

13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What a difference a year makes. When I suggested Brand for Sheed last year, I was crucified for even suggesting it. How many would make that trade now? I bet everyone, except the Clippers.................:MusicBigGrin:

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I can relate... 4 years ago I suggested Ben for Brand... it wasn't pretty :^)

15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

How do you think I feel? I was pushing Brand for Ben Wallace way back when their salaries matched at around 5 mil per.

People wanted to run me out of town for that one.

16. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

We were thinking the same thing :) It's nice to know someone else remembers the torches and pitchforks.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I Have not seen this posted yet.

PAU-ER BROKERS By PETER VECSEY - New York Post Online Edition: Seven

the relevant part of the article:

18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Good to hear... it was getting getting a little Dicey (not intended) wondering if we were gonna lose the Baby Brahma.... Dice will have more value in a deal next year... the guy deserves a shot at a ring.

19. roscoe36

Don't like Gasol. I mean, he's a great player but his commitments to International basketball for Spain means he will be tired all of the time.

I totally respect a man wanting to represent his nation (a much bigger deal outside America) but if it hurts his time as a Piston, forget it. Let him represent Spain on someone else's team.

20. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

But if the Pistons got him, it would be a simple matter to have Spain declared a supporter of international terrorism, and ban Gasol from having any contact with their national team. Problem solved.