Official trade thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Jan 14, 2007.

1. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

So you wouldn't want Wade or Nowitzky either? Not a good argument. Talent is talent. He's a great player, with a solid head on his shoulders. Plays hard. Legitimately wants to win. That's all that matters.

Our guys have been ducking their committment to USA basketball for a long time now. Good to see some guys putting it out there.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You got it MainMan. I wouldn't worry about Wade. He's not going to play for America every year. Just when it helps him earn endorsement deals.
  3. max

max All-Star

That was an interesting article.

Gee I wonder why? Finally got tired of all the freelancing one on one stuff.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This one falls under I'm bored so I'll post an unsubstanciated "friend at the Palace" type rumor... Only reason I'm posting this is because it kinda makes sense.
    Nazr, Flip Jr. & Amir or a pick to the Hawks for Lue & Wright.
    Of course Amir would be out of the question... but Lue is 29 and a friend of CB's... he's a drive and dish or score type PG (not much D).... we've seen the sucess he's had against us.... pretty good FG % for a PG.
    Wright is 31 (young 31) played well off the bench for the Grizz (watched a lot of those games).... fairly Nazresque but a little quicker.

The advantage is that they would both be expiring after next season... meaning they would be good trade fodder this summer.... we get help this year but no long term deals to get in the way of the kids.
  5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

And yet when he wore a Purple and Gold jersey the refs looked the other way while he "played great defense" on Allen Iverson.

Gotta love the way superstar calls get spread around to the lesser knowns when you become a "Championship team"

They're all defensive monsters....

...and How Dare You touch them???
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Gasol being available makes fantasy GM really fun here's one for y'all,
    Real GM # 3617525:
    Send Chauncey, Nazr, and Flip to Memphis for - Gasol and Chucky Atkins.
    Next we send Dyess and Davis to Golden State for J-Rich
    Why we should do it: Because we are not good enough to beat teams out west for a title this year. I love my team but I am a realist, Chuancey can not stay in front of anybody, nor can Tay and it puts alot of pressure on our bigs to rotate and they're all too slow (save Maxie) to get the job done. So in short I'm all for making a move that will makes us legit contenders next season. With the trade we could still be a favorite to make the Finals but who knows. Our starting lineup would be(back ups in parenthesis):
    PG-Chucky(Lindsey,Will,Delfino,Tay)
    SG-Rip(J-Rich,Delfino)
    SF-Tay(Delfino, J-Rich,Max)
    PF-Pau(Max,Sheed,Amir)
    C-Webber (Sheed,Amir,Max)

We know have a young perimeter of Rip, Tay, Delfino, and J-Richardson.
    A young big Nucleus of Pau, Amir, Maxiel, Samb???, and an upcomming draft pick.
    Two bad things about this deal; 1-We have a very HIGH payroll for at least 3 seasons-Tay, Rip, J-Rich, Sheed and Pau. So it means lux tax for a few seasons. 2-We don't have a really good PG, and you can see how that's hurt talented teams like Clev and Denver, but hey the Lakers are doing well without one.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't like that trade much. No way J-Rich comes off the bench. We don't need another all-star SG, we have Rip.
    Terribly thin at point. The reason the Lakers are effective without a great point is they initiate most of their offense through Odom and Kobe. Plus they have the Zen-master. We only have Flip.

That trade doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If we went under the assumption that Joe was looking to move Nazr/Flip for a PG, we have to look at PG's that may not fit in their teams plans or are caught in a numbers situation.

Here's a list of PG's that may fall under this category:
    Anthony Johnson
    Spanoulis
    Jason Hart
    Marko Jaric
    Brent Barry (more SG)
    Marcus Banks
    Damon Stoudomire
    Sebastian Telfair
    Antonio Daniels
    Luther Head (more SG)
    Derek Fisher
    Keyon Dooling (more SG)
    Bevin Knight
    Bobby Jackson
    Speedy Claxton
    Tyronn Lue

Of this list I would be most interested in Claxton, Daniels, Lue, Brevin Knight and Bobby Jackson.
  9. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Nazr for Jaric

According to Realgm, the Nazr for Jaric trade is a done deal. They are quoting Rick Bucher from ESPN2's NBA show.

The upside of Jaric is that he can defend (except speedy PGs) and can play 3 positions, which could come in handy if we have any injuries down the stretch. Reasonable spot shooter, good passer. All in all not a bad player. Just a bad contract. He'd be with us for a while. There was a lot of hype around him a couple of years back. Maybe it just didn't work out in Minny (just like, say CBill).

To get rid of a long contract, we probably have to take a long contract. Question is, can we get better value for him later (next year)?
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I guess moving Nazr is necessary, but I don't really see how Jaric helps out at the point. Maybe he backs up Rip and Delfino backs up CB. Otherwise, just seems like someone new to compete with Delfino for minutes.

Not a bad player though. He's been a bit more productive than Delfino so far, but with more minutes.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Re: Nazr for Jaric

:puke:
  12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: Nazr for Jaric

:frusty:
  13. pistondynastyx7

pistondynastyx7 Second Round Draft Pick

I think we should at least TRY to get Kevin Martin. He is young and very talented. Although i doubt the kings would let him go.

I say Nazr Mohammed, Flip Murray, and Rasheed Wallace for

Kevin Martin, and Kenny Thomas
  14. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

I just ran a trade for pau thru at epsn

sheed nazr and flip
    FOR
    Pau And damon Stoudemire
  15. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

or how about a three team trade

Det sends
    Sheed to memphis
    nazr to seattle
    flip to memphis

Memphis sends
    Pau to det

seattle sends earl wattson to us

seattle gets that center they wanted and gets rid of disgruntled earl watson

Memphis gets back pau's value

and detroit gets younger at PF and a great backup point

we could even throw seattle a pick in the draft to entice them..
  16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say YES to Barry!

We've been looking for another Jon Barry to come off the bench since he left. Why not keep it in the family!
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I like Martin because he is fearless to the hoop and generates a lot of points off of free throws. He doesn't need a lot of shots to score a lot.

Good looking trades Maverick. Nice to see you wearing the GM hat today.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Looking at the Minny board comments on Jaric, you would swear they were describing Delfino.... a parallel move for a better offer for Delfino?
    Sorry folks Jaric ain't no PG... not a good finisher or defender of quick PGs

I don't know why McCoskey is trying to squelch all trade rumors... he says there's a long way til the deadline when teams will get serious about making deals.... that's less than a month away... the seeds are being planted right now.... half way through the season GM's know what they have in terms of playoff potential.... serious discussions are happening Chris.
    McCoskey doesn't like talking about trades because he's too lazy to do his own research and doesn't want to appear out of the loop.
  19. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

He also forms his own very strong opinions on players, and ascribes them to Joe, as in when he kept insisting that Joe should trade for Mo Taylor.

Today's Gasol logic is classic -- Gasol didn't win in Memphis, so why would he win here? He still thinks we have a championship core, but, using his logic, the Pistons won with Ben Wallace and don't have him anymore. Therefore they will never win again.
  20. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

As for Jaric, I'm very concerned about the future if this goes down. Joe has always exercised a great deal of financial discipline. He's never really sacraficed future cap flexibility in order to win now. Nazr's and Jaric's contracts are equal, but players like Jaric -- competent combo guard/swingman -- grow on trees. Players like Nazr -- competent backup center who isn't a cap slug -- are extremely hard to find.

If Joe wasn't willing to break financial discipline for Ben Wallace, a player for whom there is almost no replacement in the league, why would he do it for a bench swingman averaging 5 points, 3 boards and 2 assists?

If Joe does this, it says he's not willing to stick to his own philosophy anymore.