Oh no, could it be Zo?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Jun 29, 2006.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Alonzo Mourning: Mourning was a key component in the Heat title run. According to Hoops World, Mourning will be seeking a multi-year contract. He told the AP, "It's time for me to be a little selfish, in the sense of me deciding what's best for me, my career and my family right now."

In many ways Mourning embodies the Pistons' need. He is a great defender, adequate post player and plays with the passion Detroit loves. According to 82games.com, Mourning is one of the best values in the NBA. Mourning's effect on both ends of the floor is apparent in a per 100 possession analysis.

From ESPN Full Court Press - see the link in today's articles thread for the full thing.

So, he's a thug, a crybaby, a whiner - the primary reason many didn't want Miami to win - just so Zo couldn't have a ring.

But, could he be our thug?
  2. NotoriousCPC

NotoriousCPC First Round Draft Pick

This quote makes me want to vomit with rage. Like he was anything BUT selfish when he flat out refused to report to Toronto, faking an injury, and then slinking his way back to Miami a team he bailed on so he could get paid from NJ. I hate Alonzo.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thought about this possibility the other day...
    With the hatred for Zo the question we have to ask is ...would he improve the team?... answer being yes.
    i'd rather have Zo out there than D.D.... the guy is an intimidator.
    I can't see the Heat letting him go to a rival though.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

I was talking to my friend about picking up Zo. I was just kidding around with him, becuase he really, really hates Zo. But, as the devil's advocate, I think a strong case could be made for him helping the Pistons. Could put this team over the top.

:ohwell:
  5. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

i'd vomit uncontrollably if Flexo ever became a Piston.

i'd MUCH rather see Dale Davis just play more.
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm with the vomiting crowd on this one. I see see a potential for mass vomiting in the Palace if Zo is brought on board. It will make the Rodney White incident look like nothing in comparison. Lots of sawdust should be on hand as a precaution.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:nono: If Zo came here I'd vomit with the rest of you.
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This is clearly a guy that would help Detroit, but we all hate the guy. That would suck. No matter how much you hate certain players, there are guys in this league that would help Detroit, but no one likes. It's the worst of both worlds beacuse Joe D as a GM would HAVE to make a run at a guy that could help the team, but we would all be pissed about it.

...kind of like your mom making you eat carrots, broccoli, or brussel sprouts...take your pick.
  9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm with the hating crowd, though still hoping to hold my lunch down. I do remember how easily Rodman was accepted by the Bulls and their crowds though.
  10. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

I love Zo.
  11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:tsk::jaw::faint:Your kidding right?
  12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

No. I have absolutely nothing against Alonzo Mourning. I don't like what he did to Toronto, but that's business. On the court, he was arguably better than Ben Wallace last season, and if Ben bolts we might even be able to cobble together an even better power rotation with Sheed-Dice-Zo-DD-Maxiell.

Shaquille O'Neal is the only Miami player I truly hate. Even Wade's annoying antics are more the referees' fault than his own - you can hardly blame him for trying to gain an advantage. I've always been a big fan of GP and Zo.

A Detroit center who can finish at the rim!
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

He'd be a good pick up, but the guy angers me. Hey the new ball has more grip and it absorbs the sweat off the ball so maybe Ben can hold the ball and finish now:eyebrows::).
  14. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I knew there was something I didn't like about you.:laugh:
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am with the haters on this one, but I still think it was him more so than Shaq that was the difference in getting the Heat the ring. :nod:

His inside presence and block intemidation scared the mavs into taking more outside jumpers than our non-paint Pistons. With someone to clog the lane like him, it would stop the Parkers, Wades and Labrons from driving through our last "Wall"aces of defense. Especially since one of them didn't spend that much time there anyway.

McDyess' defense is suspect too, so hate' em or love em, Zo could be our 10th man who would actually get some PT, but can't give him no more than 2 years ....
  16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'd take him.

Sure, he handled the New Jersey situation poorly but you can't take away from this guys heart. I've never seen him play a lackadaiscal second on the court since he returned back from illness. I think its a no-brainer if we can get him. Wallace, Zo, Dice and Sheed combo would be nassssssty!
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It would make the team better, but he definantly wouldn't be a fan favorite:). If I was Joe I would get him if he wanted to come.
  18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The first game he turns around due to his intensity he will be a fan favorite..trust me.
  19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Even though I hate the guy... If Ben walks, we pretty much have to get him.
  20. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Hate Zo, but I think he would be a good add.