OK Joe...Jokes Over. Trade someone, seriously

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by tads, Oct 19, 2009.

1. tads

tads First Round Draft Pick

We have 4 guards who can start, and not one bigman that would start on any team challenging for a title, wtf?

Trade someone, it needs to happen, hurry it up, this is getting ridiculous.

While we're at it, what is with the reality show in the making with all the rookie forwards too? Only one front court on the team is (arguably) good, everybody else is a nice storyline for some ESPN reality show. The wayward veteran, the former #1 pick, the skiniest player since manute bol, the great white hope. As fun as it will be to watch this play out, it is clear that one or two of these guys will be gone before next season starts, lets just hurry it up and get it over with. Make a package deal and get somebody here that can play defense for the next few seasons, I don't know if I can handle getting blown out by the grizzlies, even if it is preseason.
  2. max

max All-Star

The last big trade did not happen until 2 games into the season.

I know what mean though. Only half way decent defender we have ( besides Ben if he can last the season ) is Kwame who handles the ball on offense like a hot potato.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

tads, do you think you can just recycle a team and build a championship team in a few months? What move would you make right now if you were Dumars?
  4. tads

I am aware that we aren't going to be a title contender now, I get that. But I can't take these preseason losses too easily. And really, if we were a title contender, it is not going to be with this crazy 4 guard line up, somebody is going to go and I know it. And with all these rookies, they are not all going to stay in the NBA let alone stay in a regular season game for more than a few minutes. It seems obvious to me that this doesn't make sense, and I am ready for the situation to be rectified, even if it might not happen for a while if we are going to be in the situation for us to get a title.
  5. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great thought and hard to object to. But things return to who is this big man, where is this big man, how can we get this big man and why do we need this big man, I meant right now given this economy situation.
  6. tads

I know, I know, they don't exist, and if we did a title run in a few years, the person will probably be gone. And given that the pistons don't have enough money to hang onto the shock, we probably will have trouble keeping stuckey and bynum around next year if our roster isn't loaded with a bunch of itty bitty rookie contracts and veteran minimum deals. I know.

But this preseason isn't going well. I guess I should start a new thread about suffering from "D-TROIT BAAASKETBALLL" withdrawal. Not being able to watch a game sucks, and then reading the boxscore and seeing that the Iverson-less Grizzlies can shoot 52.6% I guess gives me the D-T's. Makes me want to see drastic action as opposed to stomaching more waves of pain, even thought that isn't the best call.
  7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]
    Talk to your doctor about MiraLAX.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Some young big men I would like Joe to pursue and their salaries this season:

Anthony Randolph (1.8m)
    Tyrus Thomas (4.7m)
    Joakim Noah (2.4m)
    Carl Landry (3m)
    DeAndre Jordan (0.7m)
    Marc Gasol (3.2m)
    Hakim Warrick (3m)
    Marresse Speights (1.6m)
    Andray Blatche (3m)

I only included guys who I thought might be realistic opportunities. Obviously teams aren't going to part with the likes of Beasley or Jason Thompson.
  9. HarryFWong

HarryFWong First Round Draft Pick

Hmmm I think the salaries would match up for us to send Rip, Maxiell and Kwame for that entire list of guys. Now that's called stockpiling assets. Do it, Joe. (Demand a few future 2nd round picks as well)
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons are 3-3 in the preseason. Remember what happened last year when the Lions went undefeated in preseason....
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Welcome monlong!

Hey, I was wondering...
    What do you consider to be the most professional sports information website?
  12. BallDon'tLie

Marc Gasol makes sense.
    A Rip for Gasol deal would give the Grizz a lethal backcourt of Rip and AI.
    That duo looks pretty dang good on paper!
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In my opinion, it is clearly nowgoal.com. And strive for providing the fastest.

(I've also heard there are video!)
  14. BallDon'tLie

yes,agree.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

All lateral moves! None of them is going to do anymore than the players we already have. Gasol is still very inconsistent.

RPTFLMBO

Still haven't answered the question of who and how?
  16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Plus, they have Thabeet. Problem is, the Grizzlies also have Mayo, Conley and Gay; their GM would be as much into useless collecting of SG as JoeD.
    Seriously, I like this thread; the current roster is ridiculous; it contains 3 legit SG's and a PG that somehow is nothing of a PG neither a SG, but still good (Bynum). Combined with a bunch of scrub at the forward positions. There has to be at least one team in this league that's loaded up front, what about Kaman for RIP for instance.
  17. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I'd imagine a conversation between the Warriors and the Pistons about Anthony Randolph would go something like this:

Joe D - Hey (whoever the hell their GM is), we're interested in Anthon......

*CLICK*
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

But then that would hamper 3rd year PG Mike "Stuckey" Conley's game and he would not know who to pass the rock to...:sssh:
  19. tads

Yes, and maybe that question is better left unanswered. What if we just got rid of like 3 dudes for like nothing, maybe some empty contracts or 2nd rounders or something. Maybe we don't need to spend time waiting to see if washington or summers are going to break the rotation, or where maxiel and rip can fit their minutes in. Just unload people, clear up space for the new people to develop. Just a thought. After this camp and the first part of the season shakes out, just unload to someone and pick up some expiring contracts for next summer. Having to constantly cycle through all these new guys is probably going to make it hard for people to get used to playing together, and hard to have a solid team defensive ethic.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

So, if there are no solutions, then why does Joe find himself in this position?