OK Joe...Jokes Over. Trade someone, seriously

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by tads, Oct 19, 2009.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Some people might, but when you have a whole society whose whole nutrient level is sucked dry, you begin to wonder on the viability on what we might consider a healthy social nutrient level.

Even the up-side-down sloth has a given perceptive understanding. When you come down from branches and perceive the ground floor: what is down is up and up (from this perspective) does not raise the roof-beams (Salinger).

Don't get me wrong: bottom feeders can be either up or down on the evolutionary scale. Your raisins has value, no matter what. The nutrient of life proceeds by elimination, not by expansion.

2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Damn I can't wait to see how upset people are going to be in the regular season if we are already starting threads like this in the preseason. Its the preseason...you know the time when we see who we got. Not the time where we are going all out to win.

I agree our roster is pretty unbalanced right now with Bynum, Stuck, Gordan and RIP, but trades do happen during the season. This is going to be a fun season on the forums.

3. G-man

G-man Starter

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Looking at last nights season opener it's clear to me that we don't need to make a trade this season. Don't get me wrong, the team as constructed probably won't win a ring, but they can compete, finish over .500 and possibly nab a 4th or 5th seed. In a year where there is clear seperation from the top of the league there is no need to make a move. Joe needs to:
    1. Evaluate the roster this season, especially Will and Kwame, because they are in contract years.
    2. Determine our draft needs and get a really good draft pick in the mid 1st rd.
    We're not going to complete this roster in the FA market with Capp Spayce or the MLE, it's going to come through the draft and via trade, possibly trading in the draft a-la Danny Ainge. What would be nice is if we figure out what to do with Rodney Stuckey, pay him? Keep him? Is he a PG? A SG? A star? A role player? A Bench player? A super-Sub? A super-scrub? Lots of questions about Rodney that need to be answered before Joe makes a move.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we think the double shooting guard attack is a real solution, then we can stand pat.

If we don't, then we may as well try to get out of Rip's contract while we can and in time to clean up the FA scraps after the Lebron sweepstakes.

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I think it works TaShawn, I've been optimistic about this experiment, I guess I'm just drunk off the Kool-Aid and Vodka. Again I just think that we need a legit PF right now, David Lee would be sweet right now with CharlieV as his backup.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Jump shots work much better against Memphis than against the Celtics.

It's just a determination of whether we are pursuing a Championship path or an ECF path.

Phoenix thought they reinvented the wheel with their regular season dominating strategy for a few years.

This was them...
    [​IMG]

But when they got deep into the playoffs, this was them...
    [​IMG]

Man, does that look painful!

8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

to a point i agree, you can't depend on only jump shots.. but as we saw from ben in the series last year... he can get his shot off against good def, thats the difference between him and Rip.

and with them having to pay more attention to Ben on the outside our two slashing pg's will have more room to drive.

I do agree we need a post pressence whether its yet to be developed or drafted... or even traded is the question.

and I also think that the two headed SG mold can work, much like last night... and could have worked last year (with a better coach.... err any coach, and AI buying into it)

9. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

The boys looked great last night, but a victory over Memphis ain't much to go on. Lots of Jump Shots made by the Pistons and lots of misses by the home team.

I don't think Rip is long for this uniform. We can't have Ben Gordon on the bench for the first ten minutes of the game. It's insane.

It was fun to watch, however.

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nothing wrong with making outside shots, especially when those shots are taken by Rip and BenG in their sweet spots. In basketball if you can get your best players open looks in their sweet spots- you're doing your job, Rip was getting EXCELLENT looks all night long, and Ben.....well....let's just say when he's gets hot, there is no defense for that sweet J of his. Stuckey and Bynum will continue to get us pts in the paint and our bigs will get some garbage points too. This is a good team - that can get better.

11. cj54

cj54 Second Round Draft Pick

What if we were to trade Tay and Rip for T-mac, and Maxiell for Travis Outlaw. Would we have enough cap space to sign say a Joe Johnson?

12. Stuckey#15

Stuckey#15 First Round Draft Pick

Not only is this unrealistic, but would harm us massively. If we lose tay and rip for an injury prone x-all-star who knows what we're getting. Keep this team together, then trade rip in the off-season for another big...his got a big contract and some team might want that in a few years. Plus, this trade is really tay and rip for t-mac and Joe Johsnon and that will only worsen chemistry and really won't make us that much better. Sorry but no. :hoops:

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm telling y'all this double SG, 4 guard rotation can really work.

PISTONS: The UConn-ection

That is a great play to run, they ran Rip and Ben off screens at the same time, but on different sides of the floor and each time one of them came off wide open, can't play help Defense in two different spots on the floor.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's a trade all Rockets fans can get behind.

15. MACKSnare519

MACKSnare519 First Round Draft Pick

This right here is what could make this a better season than what most think it could be...

However, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, this was against a really bad team in Memphis. At least wait a few games, better yet a few weeks... Getting this optimistic can set you self up for a huge let down.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude, I'm a Kool-Aid & Vodka drinking HomerFANual, unreasonable optimism is what makes me tick!

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Any suggestions after tonight? I say package Max with Prince for another PF, or Max and Stuckey for a legit pg

ok i'm over reacting

18. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Go back in time and never sign Villanuesucksateverything.

19. pass99

It would be hard for a package deal.

Orlando made a mistake with Marcin Gortat and 11 minutes tonight might prove to be a future advantage for the Pistons. Could be the the deus ex machina out of radar love.

20. pass99

What really needs to happen is that BenW needs to have a very serious talk with that young man.