OK Joe...Jokes Over. Trade someone, seriously

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by tads, Oct 19, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

Yes. Tell him to never get injured in the preseason ever again.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

agreee he is already 5 games behind the rest of the vets in terms of game readiness...no comment on JMax though
  3. cj54

cj54 Second Round Draft Pick

V just needs more time it's only been 2 games, Aldridge is only avg 10 6 over 2 games are blazers fans saying they should've never given him an extension.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

V was looking very Sheed like on offense tonight. There were a couple plays where it was identical.

Too bad he doesn't have 1/10th of the defensive ability and hasn't flashed in the post once yet this year. His shot looks good from a form standpoint.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm a big Charlie Villanueva fan, but it's not about time.

He sets soft screens and doesn't close out on shooters. He's not doing the little things to make himself valuable when his shot isn't falling.

Ben Wallace is a study in doing the little things. Will Bynum is doing the little things. Kwame Brown is doing the little things.

Charlie needs to start doing the little things, or he's not going to amount to much. Those little things are the difference between good and really good, and really good and great.
  6. max

max All-Star

I don't know a lot about him. Maybe he is a slow starter. It used to take Dyess a few weeks to get going. CV does have a nice post game and hopefully we will see more of it soon.

I am also anxious to see what Jeribco has. Maybe he will play tomorrow.
  7. cj54

Do you think we should be worried that he might be one of those players who sign a long term deal and just don't work as hard? I'm surprised with the talk surrounding whether he'd even be the starter and that he'd have to fight for minutes, i thought he'd be a lock for 36mins a night.
  8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd trade RIP for Dalembert. Both have unreasonable contracts that make them very hard to be traded. Philadelphia has a young, promising big (Speights) that's going to eat Dalembert's minutes more and more. Philly may lack a true PG just as we do, but with RIP, they could play Igudola at SF, with the ball in his hands (Turkoglu- style),with Brand and Speights up front plus Young from the bench.
    We'd get more defensive inside presence and don't have to rely on Big Ben's old legs to remain as healthy as they are for 82 games, 35 minutes per. A formidable big that blocks shots and does what CV doesn not.
    If the roster becomes too unbalanced, we can pack (for instance) JMax, who doesn't seem to become happy in Detroit, for Thaddeus Young or Rodney Carney.
  9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

no and no. Rip is relable, dalembert is not.

Nobody wants to give away still developing player for already peaked type.

As I told already in GDT, if somebody can't handle season with lots of ups and downs, there are plenty of other teams for following.

Be ready for some pleasant surprises and dissapointments.

This is 2nd game of the season and ppl are already demanding trades....how could those sustain the whole season?
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Prince is obviously hurting from that sprained toe, so I'll be easy, but it's getting harder and harder to watch Carmelo Anthony these days without crying or breaking something.

Max.........I'm so ready for him to just GO!!!! AWAY

Charlie has 3pt range and that's one of the reasons that he's here, in no way should we not utilize that aspect of his game, but Sheed can not put the ball on the floor like Vill, Vill gots way more offensive game in the repetoire than Sheed.

I agree, but Vill has always played on bad young teams with bad coaches since he's been in the league. And on those types of teams that is the norm, that's why they're bad, I'm going to have a little faith that this can get fixed in the film room. Last night he had some good plays on defense as well as some bad ones, it's a really good film to show him so that he can compare and contrast his good and bad points. For the record, when him and Ben were in the game the frontcourt defense was pretty decent.

Looking at Max early on, JJ, Wilcox and Summers should be licking their chops. I am TOTALLY convinced that if you give JJ 15 mins he'll put 30mins worth of effort and hustle on the floor. Summers or Wilcox should be trying to start, because I think Vill is better suited as a super-sub.

SMH.......:nerd2: Dude Relax, no need to start cliff diving.
  11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I've been demanding a trade to change the SG overload situation from the moment we've signes BG on. This hasn't anything to do with the 2nd game. Even if the team would win 50 games, there's no chance to compete (ok, there wouldn't be one with Dalembert on board) - but why not improve an unbalanced roster?
  12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Trading is not as easy as people think. Why would a team want to trade young heap talent for over paid average talent? RIP is on the down side of his career and his contract makes it hard to move in this economy.
  13. max

max All-Star

Besides what to do about the SG question I think I am ready for a new SF. I think even a hardcore Prince fan has to admit that at one time we had higher expectations for him. He has established himself as a sold player and nothing more.

Look around the league. How does Prince rank against the other staring SF's? I would say upper middle pack. It's a position that would not hurt to look into upgrading is all I am saying. Especially with his contract.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have been saying for the past three years that we need to find someone that Prince could back up, but everyone else thought the opposite looking for a Prince backup.

Face it folks, Prince is a solid player, but he peaked 3 years ago and began his decline when he stepped aside to allow Lebron a free path to the hoop in the 07 ECF. At that point Joe could have looked at the draft but not a decent forward has come out in the next two years other than Kevin Durant and possibly Micheal Beasley that could start over Tay, so a trade was the only thing that could have happen..so we are stuck with him until one of the current draftees emerges...
  15. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

agreed and was hoping daye was going to be that person sooner then later, but looked like a deer in the headlights last night. lets hope he was just having first night jitters and will work thru that and start getting a serious burn. I won't say Prince shouldn't be the starter still, but he need to have his mins brought down to a max of 30 a night.
  16. roscoe36

CV and Daye need to be locked in the weight room for a couple hours a day.
  17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Some players are just not built to be bulky...steriods might be the answer
  18. roscoe36

I believe hamstring injuries usually occur when conditioning is poor. I'm no expert on that, but a hammy is a rare basketball injury.
  19. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Sounds better!
  20. cj54

Personally i'd be happy if we could trade max for travis outlaw. I'm sure portland won't re-sign him and they have been looking for a backup pf, they went after lee, bass and millsap. Outlaw would be a huge upgrade offensively over prince and could be another scorer off the bench and we get to dump max's contract. He could even turn out to be a possible replacement for tay. Plus will still have wilcox.

I understand the talks of trading rip for a big but in a reality there just isn't any good qualtiy bigs available who would be uprgades over ben and kwame. Dalembert right now is plain garbage if he can't get minutes at center over brand and speights. Right now it looks like we don't have enough firepower without Rip so i'm for keeping him around, unless stuck or V can start putting up 20 a game.