OK Joe...Jokes Over. Trade someone, seriously

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by tads, Oct 19, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I goofed around on NBA Trade Machine all summer trying to pilfer Port's glut of SF's while giving Tay and Max 1-way tickets out of town.
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I know we are all a little down on the team right now, but we need to remember that this is basically Stuckey's rookie year because he was hurt in 08 and didn't play much last year. (It is his rookie year, but the league is refusing to acknowledge the 1095 day calendar for some reason.)

If he can just get some consistent minutes/chances then he is going to blossom. He was the 15th pick in the draft after all.

Rip has great value to a contending team. They should wait until around the trade deadline to see how things shake out and then snap up one of the young 6'11-7' big men from BOS, CLE, O-Town, SA, DEN or LAL rosters. They might even throw in Max to get a high draft pick back also.
  3. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

When When Jason Maxiel gets one or two dunks in the game he is one of the best dunkers in the league. Kwame Brown might turn into a star for a contender. Another way to get a premier big man is to include Kwame Brown in a trade..Tayshaun Prince is another elite small forward in the league. We need to put all of this talent together
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

C'mon, I can 't stand this "this year is his true rookies year" - talk. Stuckey played 32mp in 79 games last year- what more do you want not to call it a rookie year?

A trade to a team that's already competing or that wants to compete with RIP on board would be the perfect situation - Detroit has time and probably won't become an instant contender (unless JoeD works out a magical trade that brings a player like Bosh- won't happen) so why not getting a promising big? But who are the promising bigs you are talking about, Ernie? Perkins? Big Baby? Bynum? Names pleeez
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

@Twotimes: Ernie was sarcastical...
  6. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I Don't know. Every time that I heard about a Trade I don't know what to think.

I mean, Yes, Joe D must trade someone.

but who?

Sometimes I feel that we should get rid of Rip and Tay while they still have some value in the market.

But sometimes I feel that they give us so much that trade them maybe is like an offense to them.

(look what happend to us without Rip this 2 games against Lottery teams)

Yes, It would be nice trade Rip And Tay and begin to make a contender teams for years to come. I Mean, we have Stuckey, Bynum, BG, Daye, Villanueva.. all them are young and talented players.

But the question is..

Do you really think that the Raptors will give us Bosh in exchange for Hamilton, Prince and maybe, Maxiell or someone else?

I Mean.. The Raptors will have a lot of Guards (Calderon - Hamilton - Jack - DeRozan).. If I were a Raptors fans, I would insult Bryan Colangelo for make that trade!!

Or Do you think that Phoenix will give us Amar'e for the same Package??

Let's see.. Nash - J.Rich - Hamilton - Grant Hill - Prince - Frye

No.. That doesn't seems good for The Suns.

I've heard about Al Jefferson too.. let's see..

Jonny Flynn - Ramon Sessions - Richard Hamilton - Corey Brewer - Tayshaun Prince - Kevin Love - Ryan Gomes..

I Don't know.. give away your franchise player for Hamilton and Prince??

Come on.. McHale is not there anymore!!

And in the other side.. Stuckey - BG - Daye - Villanueva - Al Jefferson.. or maybe.. Stuckey - BG - Villanueva - Wallace - Jefferson

Or Ben as a Center and Big Al as a PF.

Yes.. Sounds promising.

But I can't see any of this trades happening.

Plus, a lot of this trades can't be done because of the contracts.

We should start thinking about real and possible trades.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree with Ernie that this is Stuckey' s rookie year.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I say keep Rip until the trade deadline and then deal him for some big whose team is faltering like us, or some contender who has to many GOOD bigs and they can afford to let one go...

If a trade has to be done, keep Rip, and swap Max and Tay for a 18/10 big guy who can play defense. Probably no deals out there like that, but that is best situation for the pistons unless we go blockbuster and give up DeJuan Summers too and they give is a little used PG better than Bynum to go with that big......
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You're right about most proposals favoring Detroit and not considering other teams depth and needs.
    It seems the delema that Joe faces is if we are willing to take back long term deals.... for example the latest rumor on the local radio (The ticket) has the Pistons in discussions with the Clips where the primary pieces are Rip, Stuckey and filler for Baron Davis & Kaman.... talent wise it's not a bad deal but if it doesn't get us over the hump then we're stuck long term.
    What would the Clips do with Rip and Gordon... and what about when Camby's deal is done... who is their center... DeAndre Jordon?

If the pieces were just Rip and Kaman then the we're not taking on BD's max deal...
    We're not the only ones trying to trim long term burdons... with the the tax level likely dropping by 3-6M.

The new mini trend is acquiring bigger fish to eat the minows (that would be the Pistons)... The Nets & Cavs are actively trying to add foreign investors to offset the tax so they don't have to make tough sacrifices for retaining real talent.
    Mrs. D would be wise to jump on the International money train.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Excellent post Merc. I swear that I've been goofing around on trade machine trying to acquire Baron Davis because Ben Gordon has to play with a big physical guard capable defending 2 guards, but Baron come with some major health, conditioning and financial issues, but when Baron is healthy-and in shape-and motivated he can make an OK team VERY, VERY good. But like you said that's not a deal that gets us over the hump. I would do Tay+Stuckey+Filler(and by filler I mean Max) for Baron and a 2011 pick in a heartbeat!!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! Check this out
    RealGM: Trade Checker

Tay, Rip and Stuckey to the Clips for Baron and Camby!!!
    PG: Baron / Bynum
    SG: Rip / Gordon
    SF: Summers / Vill / Daye / JJ
    PF: Ben / Vill / Wilcox
    C: Camby / Kwame / Wilcox

The Clips are looking towards the future (Stuckey / E.Gordon / Thornton / Griffin / Kaman- that's a nice young nucleus to build off of. Baron and Camby are not a part of their future plans, this allows them to get rid of Barons contract - Camby is simply what we get for taking on Barons contract. Camby expires next year too so we're actually in better financial position next year than we are this year we actually save $6M of guaranteed contract $$ next season.
  11. max

max All-Star

Bosh? Why has Toronto always sucked with Bosh. Makes me wonder if he would make any significant impact here.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's late, can't sleep so guess what....the Mad Trader is back at it. I really want Tay and Max to go somewhere and here's my most recent concoction:
    3 team deal - Det / Port / Clips

Clips get: Blake & Max for Baron Davis.
    WHY? This is nothing more than the Clips getting rid of Baron's Contract and shaving $3M off the payroll this season, they aren't going to win anyway.

Port get: Tay and Chucky for Batum, Blake, and Outlaw
    WHY? Port wants a vet SF to contend this year, they get that with Tay. With a healthy Webster, Batum probably won't even play once he returns from injury. Outlaw is expiring, Port's payroll is going to be huge next season with Roy and Aldridge's new contracts kicking in, they can't afford him. As far as Blake, Miller is on the team and they're looking to develop Bayless too.

Det get: Batum, Outlaw and Davis for Tay, Max and Chucky(Filler)
    Why? Do I really need to sell this one? The cool part is that it only increases this years payroll by about $1M, miles away from the lux tax. Look at our depth chart!!!!

PG-Davis / Stuckey / Bynum
    SG:Rip / Gordon / Stuckey
    SF:Outlaw / Rip / Batum / Daye / Summers
    PF:CV / Outlaw / Wilcox / JJ / Summers
    C: Ben / Kwame / Wilcox.

RealGM: Trade Checker

Now with so much young talent we can package some of it with Rip to get a decent Big man-for example, Rip+Daye+Wilcox+pick for Bosh.

PG-Davis / Bynum
    SG:Gordon / Stuckey
    SF:Outlaw / Batum / Summers
    PF:Bosh / CV / JJ
    C: Ben / Kwame
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh my, I'm so bad at recognizing that someone's sarcastical online - sorry bout that, but I still believe that there are people out there who would say things like these - my bad
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

There are thoughts that the Clippers have a chance to add one LeBron James when he becomes a free agent. They have the market to match the New York teams and a much more desirable roster.

If this is true then they would not be eager to take on Rip's deal.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

KG, The end results are good... for the Clips they would prolly rather hang onto the cheaper/younger Gordon as their starter.
    For something like this to work you might want to get another veteran team involved like the Jazz who could really use a SG like Rip...
    Rip goes to the Jazz and Boozer's expiring goes to the Clips.

For Bosh, he remains positive about his long term future in Toronto (or he hides it well)... this years record should be a big factor in his decision... February should be interesting over the border eh?
    Like the talent... but that dudes skinny legs scares the hell out of me at the power position (snap, crackle... then pop).
  16. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Portland wouldn't even think twice about that deal. Tayshaun is too expensive and isn't a big enough upgrade over Outlaw & Batum. He wouldn't make them better, he wouldn't even be their 3rd best player. I'd say Portland laughs at that.

I really like the Bosh trade for Toronto though. They are a team that's struggling with rebounding, so they trade their marquee PF for an 18ppg spot up shooter and a skinny WIP SF. DeMar Derozan, their top 10 pick, has had 3 games and has already shown that he can't hang. Rip is a total upgrade for them, especially given he can be covered defensively by players such as Jose Calderon and Hedo Turkoglu. I can't imagine in a million years why the Raptors wouldn't jump all over this.

By far the biggest annoyance of a rebuilding team is dumb hypothetical trades.
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

One thing for certain, Tay's value is decreasing everyday...we do need to send him packing (w/max) for something BETTER than we have now.

Paul Pierce seems to be a passive player like Tay who wants to get the other players involved, but the difference is, Pierce can take over the game in the second half and get his shot when needed either via jumper, drive or three point play (he has 13 three pointers in his first four games), But Prince is no where to be found as it relates to stepping up in the second half when the guards are sucking...maybe cause he to winded...:stirthepot:

So I am in favor of moving him first while his perceived value around the league is still high.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Merc they would be keeping Gordon, at SG, the spot he plays now. I haven't seen or heard any indications that they're trying to move him to the point position, and if they are, all the more reason to get rid of Davis' contract. All this trade does is save the Clips $$$$, get them a pass a first PG with an expiring contract.

1. Tay plays best when he all he has to be is a glue guy, if you paid attention to the league you'd know that-that is what Port is looking for, hence the Andre Miller pickup.
    2. It was also reported that Port was actively trying to acquire Tayshaun from us via trade over the summer in a deal that Joe nixed.
    3. Batum is hurt and out for 5 months with a torn labrum in his shoulder, so he has zero value.
    4. Outlaw's contract expires at the end of the season and they aren't going to be able to pay him next season. Next season Roy and Aldridge's pay rises come into effect. In 2011 Oden becomes a free agent and gets a pay raise. They aren't going to keep him, they may as well let him go.
    5. With the re-emergence of of a healthy Martell Webster somebody has to be the odd man out in Port and there aren't enough mins for a player like Batum anymore.
    This is assuming come Jan/Feb the Raps realize that they aren't going anywhere and that the likelyhood of them keeping him his zero to none. The only way we stand a chance is to get him is if we're willing to part with a WIP type of player (most teams aren't, that's why Amare still plays for Phx and not the GSW, because GS won't part with Curry, Randolph or Morrow). I'm telling you, DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you bring it to my frontdoor.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

@basketbills: Ernie was being facetieistic...
  20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I still disagree with him.