Oklahoma City Thunder Friday October 30 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lot's of free throws for Stuck though.

I still have hope that he can put it all together. If he can keep establishing his jump shot, that should pay off for him. He needs to change the scouting reports a bit.

He did a lot of things well tonight, but clearly had a few too many blunders.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We scored 38 pts in the second half, the Clippers scored 38, in the Pacers scored 36 pts in the second half and the poor defending champs Lakers scored 35 in the second half yep all losses

oh by the way the Celtics scored 68 and the team we drilled by 22 the other night >the Grizzlies scored 62

so the strange and parity is setting in this first week with only the Celtics jumping off with three easy wins..

3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Excellent summation.

CV is a flower child...Q and BenW should pound on him.

JMax is mentally gone. No confidence. Needs to move on.

Tay...we all know how I feel about this absence.

Stuckey (like Tay) is JD's co-evolutionary justification of the internal right-minded turtle-flip taken right out of Steinbeck's, The Grapes of Wrath.

Gordon and Rip are systemic movements, with predictable results: 20 plus a game. Not a bad core to work around.

BenW and Kwame are mundane anchors. If you can get 20 rebounds per night...mission accomplished.

Future trades are JD's domain.

Q needs to see developing patterns as a bridge. Two big directions out of this:
    • new talented introductions have a positive growth factor independent of hierarchy.
    • brute implementation re-arranges the dependencies levels of complexity.
    Say what?

OK...introduce Jerebeko in time slots bending the 3-4 positions. Sometimes for CV and sometimes for Tay. Very shortly you should see BenW working him into the system (a talking teacher out of Ben who mumbles something about the weight room, which is the easy part).

Clues are given during and after the games.

All revolve around the trip planner (BenW).

The second section breaks out nested levels that exposes a team learning process. Natural elements of associations exposes individual perceptions from isolated frameworks that focus on the boundary penetrated.

Jerebeko= Daye

Time frame: 1/3 +1/3 = web of learning independent of change.

Hey!...life is good.

4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I hope it ain't worst fears confirmed with Charlie. It's only been two games, but I've watched enough of him in the past to form some kind of a judgment.

He looks like a legitimate bench player. Ben Gordon is a player that just happens to come off of the bench. Villanueva doesn't seem to be much more than an offensive sparkplug. I don't know if he doesn't care on defense or that he's just clueless; it's not going to get it done.

Jason Maxiell needs to be cut. His play is a disgrace.

5. max

max All-Star

Hate to think it and I hope I am wrong but he is looking like the classic example of a guy who was playing for his next contract. As we know he was extended last year.

Good thing about this year is we have Wilcox and Jeribco ready to take his place.

6. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

I think OUR worst fears have been confirmed. Did you see his facial expressions in the 3rd and the 4th? Dude looked frustrated and clueless.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think the best thing from last nights game was the Ben was playing 7-8 shifts despite the fact that he was playing well. The last 2 Piston coaches would not have been able to take him out. Are we sure we made out by letting him go to to the Bulls? It's not like they paid someone in his place.

Max may just not fit with this team. His energy was unique on the older teams they had.

When did Etan Thomas turn into Bill Russell?

The (was there only 1?) offensive foul call against Stuckey was bogus.

I liked how Tay was spotting up in the 1st half. His shots kind of went away when Gordon got going.

The Pistons may not be racking up assists, but I like how they're not hesitant on offense. They did really struggle in the halfcourt though.

They had 12 assists for the game last night. Rajon Rondo had 16 in 29 minutes against the Bulls.

CV was putrid. They should make him wear Amir's old #25 jersey if he is going to keep fouling like that the way football players have to carry around a football if they fumble. He may have played poorly, but at least he's not Sheed.

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How were the pregame intros (especially Big Ben)? Does anyone have video?

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

10. LA Dre

Its only been two games but the early consensus is that Max's minutes need to be cut and probably given to Wilcox and Jerebeko.

No question that max provides the energy, but these two are definitely more athletic and can probably finish better at the hoop as well as grab more boards when Ben is on the bench.

No use in letting Jerekebo and Daye sit on the bench not developing while Max is out there providing meaningless minutes. Darren Daye and his wife were not pleased that their son played for less than 2 mins and they were watching the game on their 60 inch Sony here in California. Just imagined how they would have felt if they had flown allllll the way to Detroit for their sons coming out party and he barely made it on the court....

I am not sure what the issue is between the coach and Wilcox, but if you don't play him then his attitude and game readiness will suffer.

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Wow, Ben Wallace was 2nd on the team with 3 assists!

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:rolleyes:

13. LA Dre

Any bets he leads the team in assists this season...:)...oK well at least tonight.

14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Then step off into the sunset Mr.Fair Weather, The D wasn't the problem last night.
    I dunno LEE, that boy looks R-A-W! If Will Robinson was alive he'd say, "Put 'em back in the oven, 'cause he ain't ready yet!"

Naw Lee, with the exception of CV. I think CV can give us some really good mins at SF.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Stuckey's handles are suspect to say the least. He is not a PG, I pray to that Bynum is somewhere smiling in Stuckey's face while plotting to take his starting spot. Bynum looks 10X's more comfortable running the point than Stuck, dude looked most comfortable when he was playing OFF the ball last night - HINT- HINT. Because of his suspect handles we keep running that BS double high post offense to get the ball out of his hands. To the bench...PLEASE!!!

I think Vill would be the perfect backup Forward for both spots. Wilcox should be trying to start.

Don't get me started, I don't think he'll be here too long. JJ should be licking his chops.
    He always looks like that.

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with this. I was wondering the same thing at the time. With a game the next night, why not throw Chucky Atkins in there for a couple of minutes?

16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

not dressed...

we had to play two rotation guards at the end of the game as only 4 were dressed and all who had played real mins, there were 5 mins left too...

with who we had dressed... Stuckey, Bynum, Rip, Ben, and at a stretch Prince.... those were our choices to play the 2 at that point.

Remember we had two rooks out with suspensions... and for as deep as we are at guard in what we play, we basically play 4 out of our 5 signed guards regular mins with only chucky (who wasn't dressed that night) not in the mix.

In the situation we were in, it really hard to fault the coaches on this.

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Okay, how about put Wilcox in for a couple more minutes?

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

at the 2? ummm ok thats thinking out of the box...

19. LA Dre

When Rip suffered the ankle injury, we were up 86-65 with 4:54 left in the game. At the time we had Rip, Stuckey, Kwame, Prince and Big Ben in the game. Bynum had played almost 8 mins and sat down just a min prior to the injury. Rip had come in with about 1 min left in the 3rd quarter so he had played almost 8 mins and was probably ready to come out prior to the injury.

Gordon had gone out with 8 mins left in the qtr, so yeah nothing the coach could have done at this point other than went with a big line up and Gordon and Prince at 1 & 2 and Wilcox, Kwame and Ben in....but even that was crazy.

Basically because of some rookie mistakes/shenanigans in the preseason they were ineligible and our leading scorer wound up getting injured in a game that was already decided.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Atkins was dressed last night. I remember seeing him getting into Stuckey's ear, and he was wearing shorts and a warmup jersey.