Away Oklahoma City Thunder Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Discussion in 'April 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

FIFY.

2. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Another season has been ended, time to say thanks to Roscoe.
    Thank you Roscoe the board master and great summer for everyone.

Walter, roscoe36, coynejeremy and 4 others like this.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Anyone watch the end of the game on ESPN....The battle for the 7th spot and the right to avoid the Spurs has come down to a Rumeal Robinson foul and free throw shots with 1.1 seconds left on the clock and the Grizz steal one from the Mavs in OT....Nice call in the end by the mavs on a shot by Ellis, but the ball bounced off. The Mavs were 0-4 vs the Spurs.....so uh oh..........

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

30 Points for KCP.. leaving us with that bittersweet taste in our mouth, talking about all the what if's until the Summer league or maybe even the regular season..

5. LA Dre

The season might be over for the Pistons on the court, but there is plenty of playoff BB to be played by the other teams that we can comment on here.

And of course there should be plenty of Piston off the court moves that will be made over the next 2-3 months that will probably more interesting than the Piston court battles so don't be a stranger and disappear....bro...keep those comments coming.............

brofmfa likes this.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Singler is that bad. Sure, Durant is awful good, but Singler guarding him? Truly a totally pathetic coaching effort. You honestly think your best bet is to put Singler on Durant when it matters?

I actually thought for just a moment that the coach wanted to win this game. Out of the blue, JJ was in at small forward, with Singler on the bench. We fought. Not pretty, but we fought at least. But in comes Singler, and no more D was played by our team. Singler is just that bad. My only guess, someone up top threatened Loyer to get Singler back in the game. I can truly think of no other reason a guy who does not belong on the floor at all gets put back in the game in crunch time to defend a guy he can't even begin to pretend to guard.

Pope was great scoring tonight. Glimpse of the future maybe? Our two bigs both scored 20 and Drums had the monster double double. Singler even scored 20, but our starting unit could not function defensively since they were constantly scrambled trying to protect, in vain, Singler. Durant did miss outside shots with Singler guarding him a few times, but that was not Singler, it was just Durant not being on on his outside shooting tonight. OKC just probed the situation a bit, and soon found ample opportunities to use Singer to beat our defense.

Mitchell again got to play because of some early fould trouble to both Monroe and Drums, and again looked just fine.

Of note to you Singler fans. Singler played as part of our front line for 38 minutes tonight, and got not one rebound. Further, when it came to interior defense, Singler opted out in every single opportunity presented. Every one. Totally pathetic excuse for an NBA player.;

Do not blame the loss on Jennings, the ball got to our bigs plenty. Where the ball should be. And Siva kept up the theme real nice. Siva also got inside for some crunch time scoring. Love to see that from him. I would have felt a lot better if was Siva who finished this one out.

Yet again, we see Jennings attempting, and failing, to finish from the right with his left. Again, quit playing, learn a minimal bit of how to finish strongly right from the right, and then attempt NBA play again.

The more I see Datome play, the more I like his defensive instincts. Compared to Singler, he about 7 times the defensive player. And this might be being harsh on Datome. I can not overstate how bad Singler is on defense. Totally overpowered by NBA small forwards, totally outclassed in speed by any guard. Absolutely no place for Singler in this league.

Well, thats it. See you next October when camp starts, unless I watch the summer league. Like last season, I am refraining from following the Pistons in the offseason. Wish me luck out on the tennis court.

I appreciate all who post their opinions and observations on the game. I will miss you all, have a great summer.

Drums knocked in a couple of hooks. Then seemed to rush the next. But then he quick hooked one in later, and even hooked in one more yet. The guy is learning to score beyond just layups. We have always seen some sign of Drummond having more offensively; this game was just one of his best. Free throwing is looking better and better, and a lot more consistent.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    max and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  7. LA Dre

No real comments from me on Singler other than this is the last game for several months that he will catch the wrath of Lee's mighty keystrokes.

I concur if Drummond had not fouled out, and Loyer could have stayed with a lineup of Dre, Moose, JJ, KCP and Siva to the end, we would have won this game.... Bringing in Singler and Jennings disrupted the offensive flow that was at least matching the O of the Thunder and yep Durant took advantage of Singler in crunch time......................

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Singler defends this poorly against Mike Dunleavy...it's not just cause it's Durant.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Durant shot less than 50%. He took a million shot attempts. You need a big behind you to press on him. With Monroe guarding the rim, there wasn't much hope.

Pope and singler combined for over 50 points. When that happens, we give the 2nd best team in the West a hell of a time, even on the road.

I personally found this game to be the most encouraging of the season. With everyone at their natural positions, we were actually quicker than the Thunder. Without smith and with jennings getting light attempts, we were way more efficient and gave up fewer easy transition buckets.

And siva plus pope on the perimeter was a joy to watch. Just awesome. I'm all for keeping siva around as our bulldog backup. And if this is anywhere near the pope that we'll see next year, we're a 4 seed.

It was also nice to see our guys get up for the playoff atmosphere. What fans they have.

Crappy season, but this team is way better than the record indicates.

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe you didn't read my post. I said Singler was the worst defender out there.

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

KCP showed that he can and will be a solid player next year.

There are no Singler fans on the forum. That is just a straw man set up by Lee so he can do his trolling. We all want KCP to succeed and be a valuable starter next year. He was unfortunately, awful, this season (with the exception of this one game).

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Losing a Lawler's Law first team to 100 game was the perfect ending to this season.

Thank God Drummond fouled out or Coach Idiot would have kept playing him. Hopefully they find a coach with the sense to play him 18 minutes a night next year.

KCP took home the Amir Johnson/Austin Daye big night in the last game of the year trophy. I expect a big Summer League from him now.

KCP played some real nice D. Mitchell and Datome looked good as well.

I wonder if Datome has been misidentified as a knock down shooter like Pope was. He seems more comfortable handling the ball prior to shooting.

He can move his feet on D.

Maybe I'm just too beaten down, but this team minus Smith was fun to watch. I hope whoever they hire to run the team likes playing guys at their natural positions.

Heck of a year everyone!

13. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Lol. I can't stand watching OKC play. 30 free throws between Westbrook and Durant. Free throws attempted by Detroit - 31.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Durant's play. I like what we saw from KCP though, an outstanding game. Hopefully its him climbing the rookie wall and Dumars got another one right.

14. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

To bad it took until the last game of the season to play somewhat of a decent line-up. A PG that is capable of passing, two outside shooters in KCP/Singler and Drumroe up front. This was probably the line-up 70% of the fans would've picked if given the chance. Oh I forgot, Smith, Stuckey and Bynum far away from the team aswell!

I hope to god the new GM trades Josh Smith. He does not belong on this team. Pair Monroe/Drummond/KCP with 2 players who can shoot and play defense and we'll have homecourt in the playoffs 2015.

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'm not gonna spray any perfume on this turd of a team that we had.
    29 wins is poor for any accounting of this team.
    We certainly need to find the right GM and Coach for next season.
    Without those 2 pieces in place...we cannot hope for anything much better next season.
    Hopefully...many players are replaced to bring a new feel to the locker room.

16. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No...I read your post...I just didn't agree with that one particular statement. I don't think coaches work that way. Especially Loyer. Once this season was lost (mathematically) he insisted on continuing to play his starting lineup for 30+ minutes instead of giving our young players valuable time because he wanted to try to win every game you play (or something to that effect). He actually thinks that Singler is his best option in that scenario.

brofmfa and Nemo like this.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, I'm not sure what Loyer's plan has been the last few weeks.

Who would you have used to defend Durant?

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

By the way, jerebko's last possession wasn't very good. He somehow chewed up 12 seconds of the clock rolling around on the ground. I've never seen a jump ball take so long to develop.

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Good teams wouldn't have a player like Jerebko dribbling the ball at the end of the game. That was ugly.

20. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe: 22 points, 9 assists, 2 offensive boards, 4 TOs in 38 minutes
    Westbrook: 22 points, 8 assists, 3 offensive boards, 4 TOs in 34 minutes

I don't think you can find two more completely different players, and yet they came up with nearly identical stat lines on offense.

Jennings was terrible tonight (7 assists, 8 turnovers, 2/7 shooting), schooled by Westbrook. Siva was solid as his backup.

Durant took 30 shots - even more if you count the fouled misses, and only made 14. Anytime a player scores 42 against you it's bad, and Singler can't be happy about it, but it really looks worse than it was. That being said, you can't put a player that relies on his IQ over his athleticism for his defense (Singler) on the league's MVP, especially in crunch time of a game that matters to him. Not that the Pistons really have anyone else that would have done a better job, but still...

It was nice to see the Pistons work without Stuckey and Smith, who are where ball movement goes to die.

Sacramento annoyingly mailed it in, sitting Cousins and Evans - guess they wanted that 7. Hopefully nobody leapfrogs Detroit in the draft - that would be extremely frustrating. (Hopefully Detroit lucks into a top-3 - that would be awesome).

Ah, well. A terrible, terrible season mercifully over.