Okur Doker Goes for 38?? - Must Be A Mistake

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Jan 15, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's agent ZERO to you!

Until Memo scores 60, I won't be impressed.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Hmmm. In light of Memo's recent scoring explosion, and 'Sheed's injury, Is it possible we may have made a mistake in letting the Turk get away? Has anyone discussed this? :stirthepot:

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Just kidding. Good job, babyfats!

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Nope. Sheed is way cooler than Unibrow.

5. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Okur's game reminds me in some ways of Bill Laimbeer's game. He's got that soft touch from outside and a big guy that doesn't mind banging with the big boys. He's still fairly young but I always wonder if the European players lie about their ages (i.e. Vlade Divac) because when he was a rookie with the Pistons he looked like he was 30 years old not in his 20s. I live in Tucson and had the pleasure of watching Gilbert Arenas for a few years while he was at the University of Arizona (or Point Guard U). Gilbert is a quirky guy but jeez when he wants to score there's nothing you can do that shot of his is just is a thing of beauty. Is he heading for the Hall of Fame, hmm the juries out on that but he is a fan favorite and he plays hard and he's good for basketball. Okur is definitely not Hall of Fame material but he's a solid big guy that plays team basketball under a smart coach.

6. roscoe36

Good post lapeapod!

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

forget about Okur- I've been watching him all year because I have him on my fantasy team and he can make you get crazy over his lackluster play.
    I can't stand guys who are having off- nights the way Sheed or Okur have. You don't need to put up at least 15 and 6 every night, but single scoring games or only 3 rebounds (or both at the same time) haven't been rare for Okur this season. Still, I ain't too sad Joe spent his money on Sheed instead of Okur- he made a ton of mistakes since he acquired Sheed, but letting Okur pass wasn't one of them. There is no huge difference except that Sheed is good for the locker room (at least I hope so) since he's a funny guy.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

We messed up big time. On a bad bad bad night , you know u can get 13/15 pts from memo. On a GREAT night, we get 15 from sheed. this forum has gone 'soft' on Sheedirism. In my mind, Im doing like Jack Bauer and going dark til the AllStar break. Thatll give CB and Cw time to work into this team and other trades be made. So Im calling all this preseason..until...

9. roscoe36

You such a big baby HQ.

How many times you gunna quit on this season?

MAN UP!

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm down with HQ. We're semi average with out CB. Especially with the coach so wishy-washy.