Old ESPN Page

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Warthog, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Found an old ESPN pageon accident:

ESPN.com: NBA

check out sheed's hair! the article itself is interesting:

NBA Playoffs 2001 - Talent not enough for Wallace, Blazers

it includes this fun quote:

"Dale Davis is a nice NBA player, to be sure. But for him to think that he deserves a maximum contract in this league is ludicrous. The guy can't even score in the low-post except off offensive rebounds, for God sakes."
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I have the game7 with Sheed's Blazers vs Shaq's Lakers where the Blazers lost a 18 pt lead. sheed was awesome with i beleive, 37 pts on an array of baseline jumpers. The coup de gras was kobe's alleyoop to Shaq to cap off the win. Ol sheed, we hardly knew thee....
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Frank Hughes is a Sonics beat writer, and kind of a jackass. He's actually not that bad, but he's prone to hysterical raving every now and again, and he's obviously not an objective observer when writing about a rival team.

He's right that Dale Davis never deserved a max contract, but that's obvious.

The Game 7 where the Blazers were jobbed by Shaq's bought-and-paid-for referees was the year before, 2000.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Sheed actually looked intense.
    Fail Blazers.
    I don't care that DD is old now, he's shown he's best for our center in a "Pistons System". All your going to get is put backs.

Qoute Frank Hughes:

"Here is why: The lab rats' egos were too big. "

"This is the thing I absolutely do not understand. When all these players came to this team, most voluntarily, they could see the roster. They talked to the coaching staff. They spoke with Whitsitt. They knew coming in that minutes were going to be scarce, that shots were going to limited, that the production of seasons past were just that, things of the past. Sacrifice for the team, was what they were told, all for one and one for all.

And I guarantee you every one of them went home and said to themselves, or the 19 members of their posses: "I'm the best player they have. I am going to be The Man. Not all for one. All for ME."

Well, not everybody can be The Man. In fact, very few people can be The Man, although everybody wants to think of themselves that way. "

[​IMG]
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I forgot Sheeds alleged, "I hate refs".
  6. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That picture of Hill is so messed it doesn't even look like him.

Michael Curry scored 14 points starting in place of Hill. But he was the only other Detroit player in double figures.
    The Heat, who had five players in double figures, will meet the winner of the New York Knicks-Toronto Raptors series in an Eastern Conference second-round matchup.
    ------------
    Curry scored?
    Is this the series where Knicks and Heat brawled?
    Yeah it was a little tougher.