Ooops he did it again.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Maurice Clarett was charged with carrying a concealed weapon after a highway chase early Wednesday that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back and finding four loaded guns in his sport utility vehicle, police said.

Read On

Does this guy have a mental disorder or something?
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He was wearing a bullet proof vest too! He is either in a lot of trouble, or he was going to do something very bad.

Making that U-turn was probably a good decision... although normally, when you have open liquor and 4 guns, you try to obey traffic laws. The Lions could probably pick him up real cheap now.
  3. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

He's been arrested so many times now. In 2003 he was arrested for filing a false police report claiming over $10,000 in equipment was stolen from him.

Then, when he was playing at OSU, he was one of worst teamates you could ever have: He was seen yelling at his position coach during a game in the 2002 season. In December 2002, he publicly blasted OSU officials for not allowing him to fly home for the funeral of a friend and accused administrators of lying when they said he had not filed the necessary paperwork.

and now he really has turned back to his criminal life.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What do you expect from a Buckeye? ;)
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I was listening to JRS, he had a guest, and I swear I thought it was a duplicate show. The last time this guest was on MC was in trouble then and callers were saying the same things.
    I guess MC was going "Trouble Man". LOL
    Maybe this is why Tags resigned, MC was after him.
  6. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

This guy is taking living the Thug Life seriously. LOL!!!

It is really sad that this kid who had it all a few years ago has crashed so low and is now ridin' dirty with his bullet proof vest, loaded guns in his car and a open bottle of grey goose vodka at his side. All he had to do was go back to school and be happy he was getting a free education and pub as a star athelete at Ohio State until he was a Junior and could go to the NFL. But his greed unltimately was his undoing. Even when he got the NFL opportunity he did not appreciate it.

I don't feel sorry for this guy one bit. He has had more opportunities than many will ever get in there life time.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ah... its nice to know that as much as some things change. Some things stay the same.
  8. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, in this topsy turvy world of war, unemployment, and uncertainty, it's nice to know that you can count on somethings to stay the same.
  9. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

If anyone can come up with a better example of a talented guy tying up his entire future in a big red bow and flushsing it down the toilet, I would like to hear it.

I am just glad the Buckeyes got rid of him when those early examples of his character began to show. He is not good for OSU, the Big Ten, college football, sports or males anywhere.

Too bad, but there it is.
  10. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Clarett might have a mental disorder, or he might think it's ok to have multiple loaded weapons in his car and run from police. The judge ordered Clarett to have a mental health exam. Who knows what he was thinking. [​IMG]
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Clarett story gets even better! I got a particular kick out of this article, with the headline "Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster", since I'm from an Israeli family myself (no, not THAT kind of "family"!):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2553084

It says that Clarett was being bankrolled by an Israeli mafioso named Hai Waknine. I hadn't heard of him, but a bit of Googling turned up a name that doesn't appear in the ESPN story--one article says that Israeli police believe that this Waknine guy was a lieutenant for Zeev Rosenstein. Now THAT'S a name I know: the most infamous underworld crime boss in Israel! A different article I found claims that Clarett's pal was a high-ranking associate of Rosenstein's main gangland rival. In other words, Clarett's bills were apparently being paid by a guy who was a bigshot for either (a) the Israeli Don Corleone or (b) the Israeli Don Barzini (FYI, the main thing these guys are involved with in North America is that they basically have the market cornered on the Ecstasy racket). This Clarett business is just a gift that keeps on giving, isn't it?
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, I heard he was being bankrolled by someone and when he didn't get a NFL contract he couldn't pay for the house and car.
    Great, sounds like MC was working both families.
    Yeah, he's going to pay me first!
    Yeah, well I'm gonna break ee's legs!