"Open" League News - '06-07

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Sep 24, 2006.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Welcome to the trial league! The purpose of this league is to explore all of the functionality of NBA.Com's new fantasy basketball league while having the most fun possible. Members of this league are in for something special as we introduce the following new features:

(1)Commissioner editable player position eligibility
    Now, if a player that plays center regularly during the season is listed as a Power Forward we no longer need to wait for Yahoo to update its roster. Your commissioners will be on the ball updating the players regularly as fantasy basketball sources acknowledge the players eligibility.

(2)Configurable Playoffs
    Sick of spending the entire season building a champion just to see your scrubs play for the final two weeks and cost you the season? We’ve softened the pain by abbreviating the playoffs to include only the top 4 teams. This way, regular season play is truly rewarded in the postseason allowing the teams with elite fantasy players to cope with the same type of circumstances (rested starters for playoffs, increased rate of season ending injuries, and youth/lineup development)

(3)Divisions / Editable Schedule
    There will be two Divisions: Bad Boys and Goin' To Work.
    The Head and Assistant Commissioner will conduct an offline draft to determine which teams play in the respective divisions. The schedule will then be designed (by the Head Commissioner) to allow GMs to play opposing teams in their division 3 times. The remaining 4 weeks will be inter-divisional rivalry weeks.

Let me explain how this will work.

Each team will provide a list of inter-divisional opponents they’d rather face in order of preference. Based on this info, the Head Commissioner will design a schedule. These contests should be a lot of fun complete with mounds and mounds of trash talk! J

(4)Home Court Advantage

The tie breaker for Head to Head matchups this year will now be based on Home Court Advantage. Honestly, I'm not quite sure how this affects the outcome yet as each category is scored as a win. If this determines the winner of a category during a matchup (which is what I'm hoping), this makes it very intriguing as the home whistle can now factor into the results. I hear its a bee-yotch trying to get a win in Roscoe's Arena. :)

(5)Multi-Team Trades

This is where it really gets cool. Now, you can make a multi-team blockbuster trade that will turn the league upside down. Just hope that you aren't Danny Ainge at the end of this one.

(6)Co-Owners

Having problems dedicating time to the Trial League? Want to bring a friend into the action to help ya out? With the co-owner feature you can share a team with another owner. Team Prof/TayDead for instance. This is a great backup option should you run into difficulties making a lineup change or if there is a free agent pickup you want to jump on but don’t have access to a computer. Outside of that, its just fun to build a championship team with a good friend. Just be aware that it’s a marriage. You probably won’t agree on everything, so you need to be prepared to compromise. J

One note worth mentioning is that noone is an expert in this league…thus the TRIAL moniker. I will be looking for the managers of this league to post feedback and any helpful hints/options as they maneuver through the season. The goal is to get everyone familiar with the capabilities of this fantasy league so that we can determine if we want this to be our standard format going forward. Every manager is important to that process.

Like the advanced league, we will be posting a suggested Live Draft time poll. Please vote accordingly. Once we’ve filled up all 12 manager spots, the Commissioners will conduct the offline team draft and construct the regular season schedule. Please fill free to PM me your preferred selections for the rivalry weeks at anytime after the division team draft results are announced.

Let’s get this party started!
  2. MotownPride

Re: Trial League News - '06-07

Other notes.

Basic Configuration closely resembles the Advanced League:

Draft Type:
    Live Draft

Max Teams:

Scoring Type:
    Head-to-Head

Max Moves:

Max Trades:
    No maximum

Trade Reject Time:

Trade End Date:
    March 24, 2007

Waiver Time:
    1 day

Can't Cut List Provider:
    NBA.Com

Trade Review:
    League Votes and Commish (7 votes to veto)

Post Draft Players:
    Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline:
    Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on:
    Week 1

Roster Positions:
    PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories:
    FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
  3. MotownPride

Since signup has completed and invites have been sent, we are now just waiting for everyone to login to the site. Once this is done, Roscoe and I will complete the offline Divisional team draft and announce the results in no relevant order.

For those GMs interested in adding another manager to their team, send me a PM with the manager's name and email address and I will add them to the league.
  4. MotownPride

Roscoe and I have just completed the first Divisional Team Draft and here are the results in no relevent order:

BAD BOYS - Division

LA Dre
    Jammertime
    Webz
    MotownPride
    DarthTater
    DLev

GOING TO WORK - Division

Roscoe
    Griffin
    WinlessWonders
    Linwood
    Himat
    Slippy

At this point I need each GM to email me their preferred list of inter-divisional opponents (GMs in the rival division) so that I can construct the remainder of the schedule. Please rank all 6 teams! You will be facing 4 of the 6 teams during the regular season. Deadline for requests will be Monday Oct. 2. Good luck fellas and I apologize for all those teams not lucky enough to be a part of the greatest division in Trial League, BAD BOYS. You can thank Roscoe for that. ;)
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I want my guys in Going to Work to know that you were all hand selected by me.

We are the Blue Collar conference. No pretty boys (like Darth and his gothic black toenails), no high flyers (like Brother Motown's hot babes gallery on MySpace), no weird Canadian MC Hammer wannabees like Jammerpants.

We're lunch bucket, hard nosed, blood and guts fantasy warriors.

And when that company whistle blows, we're going to work. Kicking the Bad Boys' butts.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

Sniff...

I will be so proud to represent our conference after I kick your butt during the regular season!

:)
  7. roscoe36

KNOW YOUR ROLE!
  8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good luck wishes from the Bad Boys division to the Going To Cross Dress division.
  9. MotownPride

Being ugly and winning may have worked for the Celtics, but it won't work for you guys. You guys sound bitter because you don't get the commercials. You don't get the countless women yellin from out the hotel window, "Come get it Mr. Potato Head"! "Can I get a shake with those fries?" See, we are a conference of champions. We are the "thinkin men". We work smarter not harder. Like Rick Flair, we have managed to be the dirtiest, grimiest players in the game while "Stylin' and Profilin". So while your wife and kids surround the great GMs of the BAD BOYS division to catch a glimpse or get an autograph...remember this could never be you. lol. We bring intelligence, style and muscle.

Step up and get beat down. We are the BAD BOYS!

and in the words of my man, MC. Jammer Pants,

"You can't touch this!"
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, what he said!

... and, well, I guess what I said too...
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

My role is "GM of the Year" and League Champion!

:pound:
  12. roscoe36

NOT THAT ROLE!

KNOW YOUR OTHER ROLE!
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

LOL!
    :pound:
  14. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So is this just some fancy by-play or is one of the goals of this league for one division to beat the other?

Have to say that the bad boys looks incredibly tough (think central division) and the other division, well theres a free pass into the playoffs for anyone over .500 at the end of the season (think atlantic division).

Get scrappin boys. How many ears you gonna take home in those lunch pails at night?
  15. MotownPride

Oh yeah, huge braggin' rights for the division that has the best record versus the other division. Perhaps a competition? Losing division has to wear an Avatar for two weeks that says "Property of Bad Boys". (or Goin to Work, but we know that won't happen. :) )
  16. roscoe36

Motown, get your talking in now because like I told you last night, once the Trial League draft is over, I will have won. I will defeat all of you without even having to play one game.

I am that good. Seriously folks, you're lucky to even be in the same league as me. :P
  17. Darth Tater

He means it guys.

I think he came pretty close (within a couple of rounds) of winning the consolation bracket in Novices.:pound:

I know I'm VERY VERY scared! :nailbiting::scared:

I'm hoping I don't have to play him this year.:rolleyes:
  18. roscoe36

DT you are definitely on my rival list, and when we meet, there will be a LOT of avatar bets which you will of course lose because I will be crushing you.

I can't wait to see you with a MU avatar! HAHAHA!
  19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Is it possible in the league to deal draft picks? or draft placement?
  20. Darth Tater

LOL. You don't need to make me lose a bet to switch over from that MSU avatar. Hell, I might even wear Notre Dames logo.:yield::gaah: