"Open" League Trash Talk and other Exchanges

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Oct 5, 2006.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, this is so close, I can't take it.:nailbiting:

I had to dump a couple of guys I wanted to keep just to gain a couple of extra games.

But to me, making the main bracket is everything, so i am forced to go to these lengths.

I have to rely on so many other results going my way, but its not out of the question. :fingerscr

Go Slippy! Go Winless! :gun1:

(sorry dre and griff, nothing personal) :MusicBigGrin:

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well Grif got me on the last day and we actually finished tied, but somehow or another he got the final playoff spot. Maybe they should have allowed us a one day playoff to settle this. Tim Duncan was my last player in action last night and if the game hadn't been a blowout, he may have played more minutes and got 5 more boards and 3 more assists to get me that one missing point to get grab that last spot. (of course winless had Tparker, so him getting more PT may have offset that anyway).

Congrats to Mo and Griif for a good final week. There were 5 teams vying for the those last two spots and you got em.

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Thanks. It was a tough road to remain in contention through all of those injuries. but I think my team peaked and got healthy at the last possible minute. I'm ready to make some noise now in the playoffs as I think that my boyz stack up well against everyone. I have a tough draw this week, but hopefully we can get pass Kimmie's squad. Tough break LA.

4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Losing Ray Allen is going to hurt. My team was unstoppable with him in the line up. Now it will be a little harder to pull this thing out.

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

Another year of consolation tourney for me. I swear, if Amaker was around right now, I would totally fire him.

6. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

behold! the power of having darko on your team.

sorry it had to end this way Dre, but i'm on a collision course with destiny my friends.

7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

OMG Please tell me Motown how the Prides team that is presently killing me is different than the team the Insurgents beat 7-2 the first week in March. It's no fun to be getting smeared like this I'll tell you. I thought I had decent prospects in this league, but only denial is keeping me going now. Sigh. I'm getting killed in cats I usually waltz through. Boo hoo. :help2::reading: :Cry::kleenex:

8. MotownPride

In a word...Health.

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

My team just fell apart in the end. I'm having to do some damage control. how ignominous. inconceivable!! lol.

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh brother. Just made a major Rookie mistake this week. :redface:All this talk of the playoffs and I had it in my head that only the top six teams get in. Then I thought just like the real playoffs each matchup is an elimination round.

So...I didn't set any lineups all week for my Open Team because I lost in the first round to Motown last week. :pout:Then...I notice on Stat Tracker in Novice that teams are being tracked in real time that didn't make the playoffs. Oops. I just now figured out that I'm in a matchup this week with the MC Jammer Pants and it's Friday and it's 1-8. :faint::hanged2:

Oh well a rookie mistake I guess. :rolleyes:But I sure wish I'd discovered it earlier. :nopompom:

Jammer you lucked out man.:) I'll catch you next year for some revenge. :stirthepot:

11. Winless Wonders

I am in a fierce battle with Motown. The injuries are killing me this week. Hopefully I will be able to hold Motown off and live to play another week.

12. MotownPride

The two bottom seeds just might take out the two top seeds. That's like Denver beating Seattle on steroids. lol.

13. Winless Wonders

I am not having a good week. My only hope is for Ashton Kutcher and Luther Head to light it up from 3 point land. It would help if Tmac played today an chipped in a 3 pointer or two also.

14. MotownPride

Two Cinderallas for the championship!

Let's get busy Griff!

15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

There was only one Cinderella Mo. Therefore, you must be one of the evil step sisters! :pound::boink:

16. Winless Wonders

I have been ROBBED!!! This is BULL&*%$!!!!!!

How can Motown and I end the match up in a 4 to 4 dead lock tie and he move on to play in the finals??? I was a freaking #1 seed. I suspect the tie breaker was points. This sucks!!!

Anyway, I am a little upset thinking if only I had Ray Allen this would not have even been close. No sour grapes though. Good luck Motown. I look foward to beating you senseless next year. :pound:

17. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

great job by the unda-dawgs! I'll be rooting for my bracket mate Griff. :cheerleader: man what a terrible time to get hurt again. lol.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I gotta root for my fantasy basketball mentor Motown, although his head is gonna swell even bigger (if that's possible) if he wins.

Best of luck to both you fellas.

19. MotownPride

Thanks Darth...I need all the help I can get against Griff. He's fielding a tough team.

20. MotownPride

The tie breaker was indeed points. lol. And btw, who in fanatasy basketball this year hasn't suffered from injuries? You get no Ray Allen pity here, buddy! :) And about next year.... in your dreams buddy...in your dreams! :)