Open Practice

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by mercury, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah, perhaps i was hard on him but he is definitely far away from competing against NBA-caliber talent, he finished his easy putbacks but that should be a given. he's definitely not slow and tries very hard, but he is clumsy and undisciplined on defending. in either case we agree...not this year.
  2. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

...yes yes yes. much better than that damn broadcast.

(Let it go, me. Just let it go.).
  3. MisterZ

MisterZ First Round Draft Pick

Open Practice Video Footage

Here is a link to some video I took of the open practice game tonite:

http://www.damnnation.com/pistons/

[micro: thanks Mister Z. I'll add these here so your hosting doesn't get too beat up by all the downloads.]

I took my nephew out there and we had a pretty good time. Hopefully I'm not
    talking too much junk in these clips ;) These clips were shot on my digital photo camera and are in chronological order.
    I didn't have any time to edit or compress them, but I did sort out the important
    footage. The baskets scored account for about half the point-total of the game. There
    are also some good defensive highlights as well. Micro, Feel free to host these on your server if you like.
    Enjoy the footage!

-Mister Z

[micro: smaller download videos posted for members in Posts 39 & 40 of this thread]
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thank you for that Mister Z. It is really cool that you went to all of that trouble.
  5. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Thank tou all

for the excellent coverage of the practice. Sounds like we are going to cause some major unexpected damage to the "favorites". Our deep is going to prove too much to handle for everybody.
  6. katie2may

katie2may Second Round Draft Pick

mr. Z

you're too kind. thanks for all your trouble.
    It sucked trying to catch glimpses of the scrimmages behind the interviews on tv.
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Vids

Thats some sweet work! Muchly appreciated for giving those of us who couldn't be there the insights we desire.

I have some playoff action from last season, pm me if theres a game you want.

Just spreading the love, caring is sharing...
  8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

This is just so beautiful.

You guys have made me the happiest guy on the Earth.

Excellent coverage.

I love you PistonsForum.com. :)
  9. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Hehe

Yeah, thanks for all the info guys. I never would have made it too unless someone else sent me some jet fuel as well.

Anyway, all the stuff being said out here and out there and that I've always been a big supporter of him since he was in training camp for us the first time, I don't want Dupree to go. He works hard and plays hard and he can score. We just didn't see it last season.

I really don't think Glinny is gonna be around, and I really don't know who we should cut. I'm thinking we should keep Dupree.

Is Amir really all that cracked up to be? I know I know, he could be the next Kevin Garnett. Oh well, I just don't want us to be the team Dupree blows up 40 points against. :ohwell:
  10. MotownPride

I've always been a Dupree fan myself. I echo your sentiments. I sincerely wished there was a way to keep Dupree. Looks like it will be between him and Amir. ..and I just don't see Amir being released due to his tremendous upside.
  11. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

thank you mister z

I did the same thing at a playoff game a couple years ago but was to far away for the vid to look decent, but good to know if you are close it works (where were you seat wise?) Also thanks for the info from everyone that went. With this forum its even better to be a pistons fan, we get to talk about the boys and we even have some perks. Go to more games mister z lol
  12. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

maybe... just maybe.... how long after we release hunter till we can resign him? i mean dumars has said we don't want him to play basically till after the all star break. so we release him, he becomes a special assistant till mid season. By that point things will have shaken out to who we can release, or have traded away
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Great idea. That's the solution I was looking for.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nice reviews, and the video work was a plus. I thought that the competition was between DUpree and Delfino, but Dupree just seems to be one of those guys that just won't go anywhere. Ack may be the one on the outside. AJ's upside and youth are on his side, Ack would be the 4th PG behind CB, Arroyo and Hunter. Dupree can guard multiple positions, per Flip and really get up and down the floor, his athleticism can be a huge plus in this system.
  15. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

Thanks!

Just wanted to add my voice of thanks for the detailed reviews and the videos! I wasn't able to watch this on TV, but it looks like I didn't miss much based on the broadcast. Got it all in here!

I also hope we find a way to keep Dupree.

It looks like the veterans are really trying to help out the young guys - deferring to them, cheering for them, arguing calls for them even in a scrimmage (why wouldn't everyone want a Rasheed on their team? :confused: ).
  16. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Thanks, Z

Thanks for the vids. My computer is going to be tied up all day downloading them. I have a 56K dial up, and it will be put to good use this day.
    Having been there myself, I can visualize just about every one of the way you titled them. Can't wait to see them.
  17. MotownPride

THAT'S WASSUP!

Pack it up, send it to Joey D., and lets keep it movin'.

I hate to say it...but Lindsey's effectivenivess after his rehab might be questionable. Lindsey is getting up there in age and without his quickness just how effective can he be for this team. I would love to have him on as an assistant coach..and in our back pocket in case we need him later on for the team. The upside of the rest of the players we have in camp just might be too much to risk letting them go for a player who is on the tail end of his career. All that being said, if Lindsey comes back as strong as ever, I still think you might have to take him back though. His defensive game changing ability for the Pistons is just an intangible that is too hard to replace.
  18. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Reports / Videos

Great job with the reports guys. It's very much appreciated. The practice wasn't aired on TV out here in Grand Rapids, but after reading about the broadcast, I'm happy to hear that I didn't miss much. I still would've liked to check it out though, if only just to hear the interviews.

And a big thanks to Mister Z for the videos! Just what we needed to wet our whistles leading into the game tonight. Well done sir! :nod:
  19. roscoe36

Videos in this and the next post. These are compressed versions for faster downloading.

You have to be logged into your PF.com account to access these files! If you aren't a member, sign up and get involved in our community!

Attached Files:

20. roscoe36

Second post for another lot of videos.

Attached Files: