Opening Night

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Oct 31, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Only Steve Nash can ooooh and aaah you in the first 90 seconds of the season like he just did.

Man is that guy good.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Suns are 6 for 6 and just as I made my last post, Nash came down and hit a pull up 3.

I guess it's that he is capable of scoring 22 PPG, but is happer scoring less and dishing out 10+ assists a game.

So what if he can't defend? I don't think there are many PGs in the league who can match his production...
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Don't listen to this guy ... he looks drunk. :pound:
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Bulls absolutely DESTROYED the Heat tonight.

Man, it was tougher than I thought it would be seeing Big Ben in the Bulls red & white - even without the fro.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

One thing that stood out in the Bulls/heat game (besides the ass kicking) was the implementation of the "Sheed" rule. 3 technicals were called. The first was on Nocioni, when he thought he was fouled and raised his arms in a questioning manner to ref as he back peddled down the court. The second was on Wade. He basically just argued with the ref after Ben dunked a missed shot. Maybe he thought it was goal tending.?. The third was on the Bulls again, and was another palms up arm raising violation.

Sheed is in some serious trouble. Nothing that occured above was even close to a tech with last year's rules. I honestly don't think that there is any possible way that Sheed will be able to restain himself to the extent that they are going to require.

Hopefully, they were trying to send the message out there, and they wont' be calling it like this every game, but who knows.
  6. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

Hate to think what The Bulls' winning discrepancy had been, not for The Heats' home court, the intimidation of the championship Banner being hoisted aloft, The Bulls' necessity to integrate so many personnel--not to say of the rookies and the runt size center, and his same old inability to create an offense. Maybe better, next time. [​IMG]

Just had a quick peek but I'm already feeling Thabo Sefolosha might turn out to be a very scary player--just the kind to make a debut on Halloween. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  7. max

max All-Star

The Heat sometimes totally blow games like this. It just happened on opening night for some reason. Looks like the Bulls had contributions from everyone who played.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

For me seeing Ben with the Bulls, is liking seeing the chick you just broke up with looking really good, and she's with a dude that isn't a loser, but is actually, probably, a little cooler than you are; you won't admit it but he is, you drive a 5 series BMW, while he has the 7series. You got the limited edition Air Jordans but he has on a pair that you've never even seen before.....ahhhh man the agony, but here's the IRONY of it all. Deep down inside, I mean really deep down inside, you know that she's better off with the other guy. Honestly you were growing apart, and as a result of that you stopped treating her like she deserved to be treated. Yeah she's still hot, you wish you still had her, but you wish her the best and move on.......oh wait.....is that my celly blowing up........aww yeah that's my new honey dip hittin me up......motto of the story......REAL PLAYERS, PLAY ON, PLAYA'!!!!!!!!
  9. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:pound: It is exactly like that. Wonderfully articulated KGREG!
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

There should be a team called The Destroyers. I bet they would be good too................:MusicBigGrin:
  11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

how sick is that? The Bulls DESTROY the Heat? The Lakers beat the Suns without Kobe Bryant? Evans scores 17 points on 8-13 shooting? Ben is 100% from FT line (ok, he only shot one)?
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe that will take LA out of the War for the Rose.
  13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm glad we've established that a defensive oriented team can't win with the new rules. (sarcasm) lol. ...sorry had to mention it.
  14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: Opening Night/Mo Mayhem

----------------
    Forget Nash
    ----------------
    KGreg send that post by PM to Low and Darth HQ. Hopefully they can find happiness.
    You missed one thing. Your new date has better legs but the old has a better face.