Optimist anyone?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mrcina, May 30, 2006.

1. Mrcina

Mrcina First Round Draft Pick

Maybe, this defeat was necesary to win the championship... imagine today's victory, and then in Palace on Wednesday and Sunday somehow (after an 'inevitable' loss in Miami on Friday), Pistons would be so exhausted AND complacent, that Dallas would sweep the finals probably.
    I think Pistons need a kind of catharsis and this Miami team offers a nice oportunity.
    Heat often look better (in this series) than they really are and they still need at least two chances to win a game no matter how bad Pistons play. But Pistons could ('easily' is probably not a word now) make them look worse - and that would really be BAD. They would win a (1) game with Dallas at best.
    There are some good things in this defeat - I think bench was good today (I like Dale Davis especially), maybe even great - cosidering oportunities, they've got so far.
    Another good thing is - it is about survival from now on and 'locker room issues' should fade on this background. I usually get an idea about someones personality looking at his face and regarding Pistons I like what I see (not so sure about Flip):) as much as i like how they play(ed) - I simply have to believe, that they can overcome this.
    It may be easier for me to be calm (am I really?), since I'm not a 'native' fan (Slovenia, Europe), but I've missed some optimistic tones in recent posts, so I started a new thread (my first!).
  2. max

max All-Star

PHX/Dallas looks to be going at least 6 so I would not worry about fatigue if ours happends to go 7 and we actually win it.

Only thing the Pistons have to worry about is game 5. Get that game and it will be a winnable series again. I know the odds are long of comming back from 1-3 but I wonder what the odds are if you go onto win game 5?
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I'd be very optomistic if this team wasn't unraveling. Whenever we got in a situation lie this everyone got on the same page to help us win. There was no finger pointing and no one blamed anyone. That's definantly not the case right now. If we're to win this series we have to take it 1 game at a time. Don't worry about how to win on the road in Miami because if we do that we might not even have a chance this season to play there again.

No more isos too. That's not our game. When we got that lead we moved the ball around to every player. We couldn't win though because we didn't play the first 1 and 3/4 of the game, and we worked so hard to comeback we were fatigued in the 4th and everyone was in foul trouble. It's a slim chance to comeback, but if everyone can get on the same page we have a chance.
  4. G-man

G-man Starter

Yeh - I'm an Optimist.

I can't wait for the Pistons to break the backs and psyches of the Heat. Take'em down in 3 straight with their backs against the wall. Serve'em humble pie with a heap of motown azzkicking. Send Riley a message (titled "Hey dumbazz") about the money he spent on Shaq over the next 5 years. See Wade walk off the court like LeBron, no looks back, no shaking hands, just off into damp dark night.

Yeh - I'm an Optimist.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm a Realist.

If the team continues to "play" the way they have been for the past 2 weeks and if they continue to come out of the gate with little/no interest or energy, then at least it will be over quickly.

But, if the team comes out and plays Detroit Basketball. If they come out and attack the rim, defend the lane, share the ball, space the floor, hit open shots, and make Miami pay for even THINKING they have a chance at winning in our house, then yes, I believe. If the team comes out and plays the way we're used to seeing them play. Plays as if they really ARE the team with the longest serving starting 5 in the NBA. Plays like a team that has been here before. Plays with the same passion as their fans have, then the Heat are in big, big trouble.

It all depends on which Pistons team comes out.

I'm a Realist.
  6. G-man

G-man Starter

No - I'm thinking you're a fatalist....:)
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm a pessimist. I think that we will have a hard time with Dallas after we dispose of the Heat.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great thread!

Nothing wrong with Slovenia!
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

It's on. DETROIT 4 LIFE!!!!!! Plants may close, homicides may rise, unemployment is high and morale is low.....but we'll fight anybody, anytime, anywhere till the end. Detroit won't die on it's own, you better kill it/us cause we coming back.
  10. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Game 5: a pride game--do anything and everything to avoid getting eliminated at home

Game 6: Miami's one chance to end it at their place--only the complete resurrection of Detroit Basketball will do :fingerscr

Game 7: a tossup

If the Pistons make it this far, Dallas/Phoenix should be worried.
  11. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, maybe I am talking with my Piston colored sunglasses on but I see this as a one game series. I don't believe we will lose tonight or a seventh game if there is one. Which means, in my opinion, it is going to boil down to game 6. We need to stay out of foul trouble and eek out a victory. So yes, I honestly believe we will still win this series. Miami is smelling blood right now but Miami will begin to feel the pressure once we get to game 6. In game 6, Detroit will begin to smell the blood by saying if we can just get this game and get home. Pistons in 7.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You sound like you're just taking it 2 games at a time. I like it.
  13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

we don't need to just win tonight, we need to also find a way to slow down wade. we can win with snaq shooting 70%, but not wade. and certainly not with their role players shooting 50%. get in the paint, get to the line, get them in foul trouble, then get them the hell on the plane back to miami 3-2. it can be done!

a good 20 point drubbing would be a shot in the arm too.
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey, we just got a new 42" plasma TV that's being delivered this weekend - just for watching some Pistons' games.

I'm an optimist.
  15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'm hoping we face Phoenix in the Finals. I like that better than having to face Dallas.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think that would be really entertaining. Plus, The Low would have a heart attack with all of the run'n gun, and I could buy up his estate of sick beats and ill rhymes for cheap.

Then I would release it as "MC Micro" and do the Milli Vanilli thing for a couple years.

:P :D ;)