Orlando April 11th 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2007' started by mercury, Apr 8, 2007.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Darko has a bit of range and my opinion about he and Howard is based on the notion that Darko is not allowed to roam as he would if he were the starting center on a team playing a lot of minutes. He would then get a chance to assert himself offensively as well. Whether or not he would be successful, I would imagine, would take several seasons to assess.

Orlando has chosen Howard as their franchise guy. It is a big question whether or not Darko can fit in with what that choice entails. I doubt if any coach can go into Orlando and diminish Howard's role.

Tashawn, I would follow Bill Walton's assessment of Howard. He needs to develop a shooting touch around the basket. Sheed can block his shot and he tends to miss free throws. Many people throughout his career knock Shaq. But Shaq has a touch around the hoop. He is not just big. Every year they hype up players and Howard is a coming star. The media has little use for the Pistons or the Spurs who show excellence and results every year.

Grant Hill has been really doing well lately as he is hitting the mid-range shot. But I would envision the Pistons taking much of his game away. Nelson makes a lot of errors and is inconsistent offensively. I would be surprised if Orlando did not have trouble scoring against us when all the possessions really matter in the playoffs.

Bball, yes, our bigs are showing age which will eventually close our window (hope not yet). But some of the teams with a youthful front line that looked so good early in the season have faded. Youth is great but skill level is even more important. Athletically, many guys are better than Dice but few have his shot. Amir and JMax will have to prove their worth. I was hoping Jmax would come through this year but for now, I have more faith in Dyss. I hope the coach is willing to use Davis and even Nazi (to foul) on Shaq.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, but San Antonio gets to play Memphis 4 times. The Pistons only get to play them twice.
  3. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Exactly. You have to account for the fact that they only play in the Western conference.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:rofl: :rofl:
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'm struggling to think of a single play where we dumped it into one of our bigs in the post and scored on an individual post move.... that's sad