Orlando Magic March 9th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I hope not, but KB/Dice is rivaling for our worst help defensive big pair ever. Max should get most of the 2nd half minutes if Sheed can't go.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This could be Kwame's coming out game??? We just can't have rip ruin the night by forcing a bunch of shots. At the half Rip is already 3-10 shooting...Dice and Fabio are each 1-5 and Stucley is 2-8 we are still only 3 down. l

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's a good thing Curry is strong about benching people for "missed assignments", "fouling", and "bad play". Could you imagine what we'd have to go through if he wasn't? I shudder to think of the amount of minutes our other bigs would get. Everytime Kwame gets lost on a defensive assignment and doesn't know where he should be on offense, it warms my heart.

Sheed/Dice might have lost their title.

edited to add;

Kwame Brown with the 15 footer, LMAO

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Walt with the English. You gotta love it.

lee, whatever you are doing to those McDyess and Hermann voodoo dolls, KEEP IT UP! :cheers:

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

KB Toys!

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

is it possible to get orlando to ECF? so pistons could beat somebody in ECF finally?

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Those points will gaurantee Hermann PT for the rest of the season no matter how much the rest of of the time he sucks ::sigh:: Props to him for doing something in the 2nd half though. It grates that Curry is selective with who he allows to play through bad stretches and mistakes.

Max was very good.

Rip had a few bad stretches but overall fantastic. Tay was solid. Stuckey did OK; had a few very good plays. Dice is channeling his younger days in the rebounding department.

We are so far in ORL's heads i don't think it's possible for them to get us out. No Sheed. Awful line-ups for stretches and mediocre coaching, and they still can't beat us.

Viva la 6th seed!

LOL

8. roscoe36

Great win tonight!!!

Rip had a career high 14 assists. Kwame played great defense down the stretch, and the Tay made big plays.

Stuck came up big even though he was hurting, Walt was not at Fault, Will continued to make his matchup ILL, Dice was twice as nice.

Max ate some babies for good measure.

Nice to see Pistons basketball in effect.

9. roscoe36

We can only dream my friend... :burgereater:

10. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I cannot how good this game made me feel. We had poor officiating especially in the 4th quarter, but we overcame that, too. Its like the team said sheed is out and lets go to work. As roscoe has said, just play hard. They played like they did not want to lose. Kudos to all but especially to kwame, dyess, and rip. Lets go Pistons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The magic looked like world beaters against an injured celtic team, today they looked normal. Can't wait for AI to return. I think he will help alot. Hopefully sheed is okay, but calf injuries are hard to heal.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think Rip brings the effort every night and it's contagious. For all his faults, you can't say he doesn't try.

edited to add;

Sheed needs a break. And our bigs need more minutes. Might be a blessing in disguise. Then again we are in a dogfight right now in terms of record/seedings. And the worry with Sheed is that it takes him a long time to get right, and then back in a groove.

12. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

Deeeeeetroit basketbaall!! 3 and 0 baby! Magic in the playoffs? Yes sir!
    And to think a lot of you wanted rip traded! Couldn't resist staying up for this one, sorry I couldn't join in the chat for longer.

13. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Great TEAM win tonight. Everyone was playing well tonight. Stuckey's fall looked nasty I was glad he got up and was able to continue playing after a brief stint on the bench.

Highlight of the night: Maxiell's insane dunks, or as Blaha would put it Maxiell's 'Jam Supreme'

EDIT: Forget to say Dyess was the man tonight. I love that guy and I really hope he wins a title before he hangs it up.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A game of highlights, a game of stats, a game of stars!!! After being swept by the Hawks, we rebound and complete a season sweep of the Magic...yep we good in the 6th spot so I ain't mad at the Hawks loss. We got to lose some stay at 6th don't we??:smoke06: On the other hand we are still on track to win 52 games:confused:

Highlights, MAX JAM from Rip, Connie Hawkins scoop by Fabio and the driving layup by Dice

Stat/stars of the game
    Rip> 29 pts and 14 dimes responsible for 57+ points
    Dice >13 pts , 18 boards (7 offensive)
    Tay >20 pts 2 big threes
    Kwame >10 pts,:confused: 1 key block
    and the biggest star of the game ??> Sheed for not being around which allowed Dice and Kwame to shine:bow1:

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Fans hoping to see the most dominant young player in the NBA tonight were no doubt disappointed as Amir Johnson did not play.

A bad night overall for the pets as Mike Curry thought he was at the X Games and needed to add a degree of difficulty to the victory by not playing his 2 best players, AJ and AA.

Max struggled also save for his brief 2 dunk and a block flurry.

The only thing more overmatched than the refs tonight were my loins versus NBA TV host Melanie Collins. Oy Vay to the 4th pic.

Busted Coverage: Booze, Ladies And Football » The Next Erin Andrews: Big Ten Network’s Melanie Collins Was A Bikini Model

16. roscoe36

I'll own up to that!

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Gold Baby! Just... :pound::pound::kleenex:ahhh....:kleenex: solid gold.

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Man, I won't say much now, but that was probably the best Pistons game of the season. WHAT A GAME!! :smoke06::bow1:

Win or lose that game, the men in red, blue and white gave it their all tonight, and I absolutely loved the effort and heart they showed tonight. All of them. Dyess was just a monster, Kwame had his best game as a Piston, Stuckey created a couple of huge plays down the stretch (after a poor game and struggling with the strained ankle), Prince was making key plays on both ends of the floor and Rip had his best playmaking game of his career.

19. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm don't know why dude, but I crack up every time I read this post.

:pound: :rofl:

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Am I the only one who thought JJ Reddick did a pretty good job on Rip in the 2nd half?