Away Orlando Magic Monday April 9 2012

Discussion in 'April 2012' started by roscoe36, Apr 6, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2012.
  1. Detroit

50.0%
  2. Orlando

50.0%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Superman supposedly out tonight with back spasms. Hedo out with the facial fracture and Richardson and Anderson questionable.

The Pistons are being set up for a win or tank job....depends on what Joe wants and how Frankie calls it..
    roscoe36 likes this.
  3. LA Dre

With Dwight Howard spasming in the locker room, the Magic camp out beyond the arc and tossed up 19 three ball attempts connecting on 10 of them. The Pistons are offering no defense in the middle either as even Big Baby was doing damage in the middle with 10 pts and 10 boards. Maybe to late for tanking as even if they finish the season on a ll game losing streak (including the Heat loss) they still would finish no worst than probably the sixth spot.

They are down 64-43 and have overcome 20 point halftime deficits before...So some pride and beat these guys
  4. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

CV sighting! Pistons playing some horrible 3-point defense - but with so many 3 point shooters someone was bound to get hot from there. Just unfortunate that tonight it's all of them.
    If I didn't know any better, judging from the way the Magic's broadcast team talks about Jameer Nelson you'd think the dude was an all-star. Nelson an all-star...:lol: Not to mention the amazing excuses for losing to these same Pistons twice and losing the season series. Yeah, the last time they had a legit excuse, but the first one in January? No. Someone tell them to stop calling Glen Davis big baby...the guy is just plain fat.

For all the talk of CV working out and being in great shape...he doesn't look any different to me. Tank Squad all in early in the fourth.

I'm out.
    The Panda likes this.
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Man I miss me some Charlie V.
    Good to see him back!
  6. LA Dre

119-90 is the final score and it really didn't look that close. Walker Russell had two chances in the final 10 seconds to at least keep it below a 30 point loss but he missed two freebies. May as well just let Max shoot those technicals as I am not sure why he had to play last 6 minutes of extended garbage time other than to pad his stats and add to his 6 pts and 2 rebounds. :frusty:

Every Piston that played scored In every player on the floor scored except the Magic's Daniel Orton. Villanueva played more minutes tonight then he played the whole season and scored 10 pts, grabbed 4 boards and had 1 assist and 2 steals... In comparison Max had 6pts, 2 boards, and no assists or steals....in 10 more minutes of play...

Stuckey went out at the half with a leg or hamstring injury and never played again. Three losses in row now to the Southeast division teams.
  7. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

It is generally pretty hard to beat a team that gets that hot shooting.

So true.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

It's all about posture Alexa............If he stands up straight......he's downright skinny...

[​IMG]
  9. LA Dre

[​IMG]
    You mean you have never seen him crying at
    a game like a big baby?
    alexa032 and roscoe36 like this.
  10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Time to shut Stuckey down before he starts getting injured while sleeping.

CV can play guard.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Nelson made the All Star Team in 2009, but missed the game because of injury.
    Indeed. Now I'm sorry I turned the game off and missed it. Nice job Ernie, nice job!

I thought it was interesting how Matt(y) Goukas mentioned that Monroe stands up straighter than any other player in the L on D and continually refereed to him as an "indifferent defender".

If the Pistons played the Magic again they would have to show the test pattern when the Magic had the ball to make it any less exciting.
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

He also said Monroe was playing Costanza defense - jumping to defend Jameer outside the arc and not jumping to defend Big Baby at the rim. Monroes Costanza D might be the secret remedy that trumps the Pistons Costanza tanking. The real test will be when we play against another 20-23 win team.
  13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...From Basketbawful:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  14. LA Dre

Hmm something wrong in the NBA when the Magic beat down the Pistons by 30 points on one night and then lose by 8 to the Wizards the next night.

119 points of offense vs the Pistons and only 85 pts vs the Wiz. ...Guess the Wiz defend the arc better than the Pistons as the Magic only made 10 of 35 tonight vs the 16 of 3o they did against us...:bs: