Away Orlando Magic Sunday Jan 27 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

When I found out Rodney Stuckey was a DNP/DND-CD.....I thought Christmas came early :dancingparty:

Monroe's poor finishing.....smh.......

English played :dancingparty:

No, Brandon Knight is no way-shape-form or fashion a SG in this league.......but he did have a special game tonight, some really good stuff from the kid. Let's see if he can follow it up with a solid game on Tuesday.

Again.......NO STUCKEY :djparty:
    :dancingparty:

The Panda and Nemo like this.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Per Vince Goodwill (of the Freepress) on Twitter, Tidbits and Stuck got into a little shouting match at practice on Saturday. Will Joe stick up for the coach for once? I mean I get why the inmates were allowed to run the asylum before (Rip, Chanucey, Sheed, and Ben) they were actually good and had accomplished something.....but Stuckey? For goodness sake, put this Dog in the Dog House PLEASE!!!!

Nemo likes this.
  3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Pleased to see a win, which of course had to include a heart stopper as end of game garnish. :nailbiting:

Stuckey not happy with his role again? When will he ever be happy when he's not allowed to do what he wants like some star (yeah right)? Trade the bum for a bag of leaves or something.

- Tay was kind of terrible offensively.
    - Brandon was brilliant scoring the ball; played some good defense as well.
    - Greg needs to finish better. Nice block though.
    - With no Stuckeyglue to hold him back, Bynum was really good this game. Defense has quite a bit to go yet though.
    - Kenny getting extended burn with no Stuck. Looked decent.
    - Kyle got burned by JJ. Badly.

Back home to face the Bucks again.

BallDon'tLie and Nemo like this.
  4. junkyarddog

junkyarddog First Round Draft Pick

Again, we almost blew a 10 pts lead in the second. It seems like every game are the same : good start, big lead in the 2nd, poor 3rd and then ..... it depend...

I hate to say this but I think indeed, they are better off Stuckey. He was the reason we won game last years but now, as the team is better, he can't be our go to guy. I don't think he is able to accept this. But again, he is untradable with his huge contract so we will have to stay with him until the end of the year.

2nd possibiliy : he accept to be the defensive, hustle guy comming from the bench who can hit corner 3's....

Nemo and roscoe36 like this.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I tend to pass out "likes" for all of the Stuckey comments.
    Seems lately that I'm passing them out like Halloween candy. :)

alexa032, LA Dre and linwood like this.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

#orlandomagiccomments/notes

- Usually when the home-town anouncer comes on before the game comes and says that your "franchise player" is a DNPCD for the game you're about to watch, you're bummed...
    Upon Blaha delivering this news prior to the tip, I did a full-on backflip off the end of my couch and threw in a half-twist for some extra style points.

- No Stuckey meant plenty of run for Kenny. I had my eyes glued to English as I was afraid that this game might be my only opportunity to evaluate him this year. For me, he didn't dissapoint. Here's what i liked:
    • He entered the game after Reddick hit what seemed like his 20th three of the 1st Q. I think JJ hit one more three on Kenny and then Kenny just stuck with him the rest of the game. He played some excellent ball-denial 'D' on JJ.​
    • I like how Kenneth runs to the bench during timeouts (college style). English has the best body English out of any Piston and it's not even close.​
    • Unlike the guy he replaced, Ken is a ball-mover. He takes a pass and actually does something with it rather than hang on to the ball and think about his next move for a few minutes. He got a lot of 'hockey-assists' last night by swinging the ball and pointing to BK who would hit a tre.​
    - Pistons had a huge advantage at C yesterday and Frank ignored this. I'm convinced that if Drummond played for almost ANY other team in the NBA, he'd be battling for ROY with D-Lillard. Why does EVERY pundit and so-called expert that covers the NBA utter the statement "...Why this guy isn't playing 30 minutes per game is a complete mystery" (insert 5 minute discussion about Drummond's stat line here).

- Overheard from during the final timeout:
    Frank: "Ok guys, not that I'm trying to win this thing but If I were, I'd recommend that we DON'T foul anyone wearing white if they're behind the 3 point line. OK? Let me repeat that guys; ...there's like 12 seconds left. D O N 'T foul behind the 3 point line!"
    (5 seconds later)
    Will Bynum: "(expletive)! ...my bad coach."

- As TaS pointed out, everyone should watch the BoT on the final play. That's some comedy gold right there! Charlie looked like he was on a 2 second time delay while he was slowly spinning around like a top and showing off his single-digit vertical leap. At one point during that 7 second sequence, he actually looked like he was trying to tip that ball in for Orlando.

- Let's see if we can make this DNPCD thing for Stuckey a trend! Heck, let's hope it spreads like a virus and Tayshaun (7pts on 3-13 shooting, 35 min) is the next victim.

Nemo, alexa032, LA Dre and 2 others like this.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey, Stuckey, Stuckey...

Nemo and BallDon'tLie like this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's really hard to believe that we canned more treys than the Magic last night. It's also hard to believe that Redick had 2 of the best games of his life against us and the Magic couldn't get a W. Afflalo was shut down in both games in what appeared to be a conscious decision to defer... which may have either been related to Redick's insane hot streaks or his move to SF and Tayshaun's length. .

As a team, we have what seems like an abnormally high number of guys that are decent 3 point shooters and we're tapping into it lately.

Daye: .538
    Tay: .434
    English: .400
    Charlie: .391
    Bynum: .385
    Knight: .382
    Singler: .379
    Stuckey: .298
    Jerebko: .231 (but clearly is better than that)
    Middleton: unknown (.321 in college)

We are 7th in the league in 3P% at .375 (281-749). We are in a tie for the 2nd best 3 point defense at .329 (298-906). We are tied with San Antonio and .002 away from having the lead over Indiana. With all of the criticism of some of our defenders, this seems like a very reassuring statistic. Knight, Stuckey, Bynum, Singler, Prince, Daye, and Charlie V are protecting our perimeter with a paint protector only in the game for 20 mpg.

I'm assuming that if Drummond had their backs for 30 mpg, we'd have the top 3P defense.

junkyarddog and Laimbrane like this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons have a bunch of great outside shooters. Unfortunately, all of the games are played indoors.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is Bynum's 3P percentage up because of the Drummond P&R threat?

11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

On pistonpowered they blamed Redick's success partially on Maxiell:

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Pretty nice job by Knight to get back to him and smother him on his game tying attempt... airball.

Redick basically plays basketball like Villanueva, he just has a better stroke. After he hit 2, he was liberally launching while on the move. They weren't great shot attempts for the average shooter.

This guy might have the best form in the league though and he has a resume that shows that he knows how to get in the zone.

But we have a guy that matched his 31 points who can also split the defense and plays some defense (I'm driving the bandwagon to the next game).

13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

This happend in the Heat game a few times as well.
    If you look in the background each time you see Kyle frantically closing out on a 3 pt shooter, you'll usually see JMax somewhere in the lane punching himself in the head for blowing an assignment.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As far as Drummond struggling, he did a bit in this one. Glen Davis scored one on one against him 2-3 times by creating space with his shoulders. It was really surprising to see Drummond look like GM on defense. He also fumbled the ball uncharacteristically on a couple lobs and an offensive rebound right under the basket (got stripped from him).

He blocked a few shots and snagged some rebs, but a quiet one overall.... very Maxiell-esque.

One of the key mistakes in the game though was when Monroe missed the wide open layup with a few minutes to go. It would have put us up 7 and in the driver's seat. He blew it and then we were out of position on D and the Magic knocked down a 3 to cut the lead to 2. We probably should have lost the game after that, but some nice offensive rebounding and 3-point shooting by Knight salvaged the night.

I actually thought that Bynum wasn't having the greatest night while watching it live. His assists really racked up though and they were unusual b/c they weren't lobs to Drummond.

On a very random side note, Monroe makes passes that I see are available, but would choose not to make. However, he seems to squeeze them in there more than it seems like he should. Not sure if he's just supremely accurate or if the defense constantly underestimates his intentions. It happens a lot of cuts around him as a pick or when he's at the high post and guys flash under the hoop. I think to myself, "oh, he missed his window" and then he still passes it in there. Whatever the case, he's unique. It might take some out of the box thinking by the coaching staff to get the most out of him and build a team around him and his paint clogging partner.

15. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

When JJ was giving the basket a 3-ball laxative and I saw Kenny checking in I nearly fell off my chair thinking Frank had picked him out instead of Stuckey for his defense. I was going take a step back on my in-game coaching hate of Frank, that was until the Magic commentators said Stuckey was a DNPCD.

Like BDL, I was glued to Kenny and I reckon he showed that he deserves the spot. Fit into both units on the offence, shot at a decent clip and gave a real good account on defence. All things Stuckey doesn't do.

The last few games, it seems like those lapses that were part of his scouting report have seeped back in a bit. Hands aren't ready, not moving as quick to the lob position on offence and moving his feet too slow on defence. There was about 3 or 4 times he just dialled it in and then while chasing back to the basket gave a half hearted effort to block which is not what we have seen so far.

After not even a full season of college ball, it is probably about the time he might be hitting a small rookie wall - with his attention at least. But a break for the All Star (other than the rookie game) and I reckon he'll come back alright.

Nemo and roscoe36 like this.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think that it would be fun to see Drummond and Bynum play a WNBA team.

17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It would be really nice if Stuck got a few more games in the doghouse. Great to see Kenny get som burn. I bet the champagne bottles were popping in the Slow Adult mansion last night.

coynejeremy and Nemo like this.
  18. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

One other thing I forgot to mention - it was good to hear the Orlando commentators getting on the players when they were making poor decisions and pointing out their flaws. Seems all we get with George and Greg is more silver tongue and gushing about Stuckey, Will, BoT, etc.

alexa032 and Nemo like this.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I always try to decipher who Special K and Blaha like on the team, given that they intentionally keep their opinions out of it. K's love for Drummond is glaring.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Special K is to Andre Drummond what John Madden is to Brett Favre. The man love gets a little icky at times>

Ernie the Slow Adult and copper like this.