OSU vs. UM

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Buckeyes#1, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Wow, what a hard hitting, bone rattling game this could be. It's like two locomotives on the same track heading towards each other. The current difference between OSU and UM is 16 points. UM has an awesome defense. OSU's is just a little better. The primary difference is UM has a decent offense, OSU's is much better. This all changes however, now that Manningham is coming back into the equation. I haven't studied out how much Manningham is worth to the Wolverine offense, but if he is worth 14 points extra per game, then I would say OSU should be favored by about two points. Either team can win. I'd say UM has the taste of two defeats in their mouths so that could push the balance into UM's favor. I still say OSU will win because of Troy Smith and Mr. Sweatervest. OSU by 7.

2. Buckeyes#1

From what I can see in the nation, if these two teams play in a very tight game, I say they need to play in the NC game. These Louisville, West Virginia teams would get absolutely waxed by OSU or UM. These teams with porous defenses would not be able to compete with either OSU or UM.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Question is how far will the loser drop in the polls.
    How much is O's offense dependent on their running game. Cause there won't be any run game by O.
    M's 24
    O's 12

4. Buckeyes#1

I doubt if the loser will be in the NC game. OSU has a little better chance. OSU would have to fall two places to UM's one. My guess is OSU will drop out of the top three if they lose however.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Some would like to see them do it again in a bowl. The BCS is in trouble.
    Something tells me we will have conational champs this year.

6. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Wow, already talking about "The Game." Still two weeks to go. DeBord's final exam is in two weeks so I hope he's cramming. I'm not worried about Ron English's defense. English has shown enough fire to me that he should be the guy in charge, not Carr. English would be a formidable challenge for Sweater Vest. The guy wants to win. He's intense. He's the anti-Lloyd. It's amazing UM would hire a guy like English, someone who actually wants to win and punish the opposition. Tressel KNOWS he OWNS Carr.

7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The game in the horsehoe IS the national championship... jess played a little earlier.

8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Damn 2 weeks away, it's not the superbowl. If it goes into overtime M won't drop in the polls.

9. tdfast

tdfast Second Round Draft Pick

If Michigan loses they'll fall below an undefeated Louisville, a one loss Texas and a one loss USC. At least. The only way to have a rematch is if Michigan wins a close one. Then Michigan goes to #1 and Ohio State can maybe stay in #2.

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I don't think it's possible for two teams in the same conf to play for the National Ship.

11. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Three more days and counting down to the big game... I'm really lookin forward to this game.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

How did Manningham look in the last 2 games? Is he back to the level that he starting the season at?

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'll be wearing a different avatar on game day.

OSU

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw a poll on ESPN News poll that showed that there were 48 Red states indicating that OSU would win and 2 Blue states for the Wolverines including of course the state of Michigan and Wyoming?

Even in the AP and Coaches Polls, the Buckeyes got an almost unanimous 64 and 62 votes to Michigan's 1 first place vote in each poll. That means that an overwhelming panel of experts from the casual fan, sports media and NCAA coaches feel that a win by Michigan would be a major upset.

I am sure with the legion of Wolverine fans around the country, most are hoping/praying that the Maise in Blue win, but OSU has just looked more dominent in their wins than Carr's conservative, casual bunch...

A close Michigan victory will probably set up rematch with the OSU. but a win by the Buckeyes of more than 10 pts probably means the Wolverines slip to 3rd or 4th in the Bull:censored:-CS rankings and they do not get shot at the BCS championship game.

GO BLUE :thumb:

15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Wyoming only has about 25 people so it was probably a 13-12 vote. :6shoot:Not exactly a scientific poll.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Most states thought OSU would win, but the margin within each state was about 55-45. So, it would not really be considered that big of an upset... unless we are using and electorate system.

The real way to tell is to look at the Vegas odds.

17. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

F U U U N N E E E :pound: !

I do think the Buckeyes are more the favorite than they should be. That worries me a lot. It seems that through the years, when OSU was an overwhelming favorite Michigan won an awfully large percentage of the time.

I can say that I am expecting a tremendous game. Nobody better call me Saturday afternoon :gun1: :gun1: :gun1: :hanged2: :messer:

18. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Number 2 beating Number 1 can't really be considered that much of an upset.

I mean, why do we care what fans think?

Aren't they the morons who vote for the All-Star team too?

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Flashback to the 90's when the Buckeye fans watched in horror as some highly ranked Ohio State teams regularly lost "The Game" :football: and a chance at the National Title.

GO BLUE! :winner_first_h4h:

20. detteam

detteam All-Star

As a Spartan, this will be my first UM-OSU game that I won't be cheering OSU. I won't be cheering UM either...I just want to see one helluva game!

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP...Big 10 style!