OSU vs. UM

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Buckeyes#1, Nov 3, 2006.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Nothing is official yet...only leaks.

Who would have ever thot a Big 10 title game between UM & OSU would get settled 40-37...and the PAC 10 finale finish 13-9 with USC blowing it?

This is very hard for me to say being a Sparty...UM should play OSU...they are the two best teams. For the last couple of weeks, I thought otherwise figuring UM had it's shot at OSU. But the games over the last two Saturdays have brought me to the conclusion the two should meet again on neutral turf as #1 & #2.

If it is Florida...look for OSU by 14.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder what the spread would be if it were OSU UofM.
  3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I'd say it would be 100%
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

I think UM got boned. OSU will cream Florida and UM will roll over USC...leaving all of us right where we were before today.

Something needs to be done to alleviate the controversy. The BCS needs a Final Four. It only makes sense...and it gives the networks an extra game of revenue. The 'BCS Bowl'?
  5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

The whole BCS is a joke. The only reason why they don't have a playoff system is because the different bowls would become irrealvent which would mean revenue out the window as advertisers would lose out that sponsor the bowls. Also the whole arguement about having a playoff would hurt the kids is complete bull. They don't care about the kids. It is all about money.

It is very simple to settle this. Top 8 teams by ranking play in a playoff for the national title. 1 seed faces 8 seed, etc. This would add 2 more games to the season. Have the games on Thursady and Friday nights in December so they don't interfere with Pro Football and after finals so the kids are done with school.

I think Carr hurt his team by not campaigning for his team to be in the championship game. After the Florida coach dissed Michigan by saying Michigan did not deserve a rematch was totally out of line. Carr should have lit into him and Florida. Carr is always passive but this was the one time he should have stood up for his program and more importantly his kids who deserve to play in the national title game because they are the 2nd best team in the country. I have watched 2 Florida games and I was not impressed. They will get blown off the field by Ohio State.
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Winless

I think adding an extra two games to the collegiate schedule is a bit much on the kids. I'm not sure exactly how the BCS formulas are weighted, but I think they're good enough to determine a top four...meaning just one extra game. It's not like the winner of the lower 2 BCS games could take claim to a championship anyway. There could be times where a #5 is deserving of having a shot, but the line has to be drawn somewhere in considering they're college kids.
  7. Buckeyes#1

In my opinion, it is a myth to say that the bowls would become irrelevant if they go to a playoff system. You can easily keep the bowls in place and relevent for the nontournement teams, and still have an 8 team tournament at the same time; and adding just one extra game for only two teams (the two in the NC game). First off, you have each team cancel one meaningless game during the season. For example, OSU should not be playing BGSU and UM should not be playing Ball State. Scheduling games where the outcome is certain is ludicrous. In the first weekend of December, you have 4 games scheduled for the top 8 teams. Now it is down to four teams. The bowls are now scheduled and those four teams would play in two of the January 1st day bowl games. So far no extra games have been played, the bowls are still intact, and there is only one game left to play. The NC game is then scheduled on January 8th of each year.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

buck...the only problem in your system is that they would need to delete one "meaningless" game from the schedule of every 1A team in the country
  9. Buckeyes#1

That's right. That should not be a problem. That's why it is called meaningless.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

You're neglecting the financial impact to the many teams that don't have a chance at a title.
  11. Buckeyes#1

90% of these schools already know they aren't going to an NC game anyways. If they are that hard up for money (because they pay there players too much), they can schedule one during there bye week. Since they don't need their first stringers anyways to win these games, sit them and they still get their bye week. The second, third, fourth, and fifth stringers would be thrilled anyways. Everyone still wins except the paying season ticket holders that do not want to be force to pay for a meaningless game.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

A bit pompous buck...believe it or not...OSU will be a Big 10 #4 or less one year...maybe next year. :wedgie:
  13. Buckeyes#1

Food4thot. Thanks for telling me. My apologies. It wasn't my intent to come across that way.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The only thing Carr can do now is challenge Florida to an unsactioned game of back yard football. No pads.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

how about gators and rines mid Dec. winner gets O.
    Tate your last post was much better.
    WW, I agree Carr should of fired a classless shot at Florida.
    But then he would have to eat his words cause SEC teams usually kick his azz.
  16. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Would it have any effect on the eventual national championship if SoCal beats OSU by a little bit and UM clobbers their foe in their bowl. It used to be that UM would have had a good chance, but I don't know if now the winner of the BCS bowl game is automatically the national champ these days.

I don't think SC will beat OSU but I believe UM can completely dominate whoever they play.
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If florida beats O.S. they're Nat. Champs.
    I was wrong about the Rose Bowl thing. USC is in because they didn't play in the Rose Bowl last year.
    Tate, what if O.S. blows out Florida? And UoM creams USC.
    Everybody will be back tracking.
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think both OSU and U of M are going to lose their bowl games. You heard it here first.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why do they even have "the computer" if they don't like the results. The computer takes everything into account except for personal bias. If they don't like the answer it spits out, then they should modify the algorithm. It takes into account strength of schedule, quality of wins, etc. How pissed would you guys be if a committee voted that Dwyane Wade and the Heat would represent the East this year in the Finals based on flashy play, getting up more times than they're knocked down, and 1's, and other factors?