Othella Harrington?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by cwolfson, Jul 7, 2006.

1. cwolfson

cwolfson First Round Draft Pick

Just cut loose by the Bulls. Could he be a useful pickup? Could he be had for the Biannual Exception (I have my doubts, but ... )

2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Othella is similar to Big Nasty. He's undersized, but his bulk allows him to score in the low post. But, like Corliss Williamson, his rebounding leaves something to be desired and he's a tough player yet a bad defender.

Oh, and again like Corliss, he's a black hole. Combine that with his age and our already-full roster of undersized power forwards, and I think I'd pass.

3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

He has the bulk, but I think he is somewhat lazy and won't go after the rebounds. He is a guy who could clog up the hole.

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Harrington is garbage, I say no!!!!!!!!!

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Othella Harrington, Alan Henderson, Darvin Ham, Jerome Williams, Devean George.

The NBA version of a "roster" bookmark. They will find teams, teams that either suck so bad they can play, or need someone to complete a minimum roster.

The key talent for these guys is not complaining about minutes, and playing hard (but not well) when called upon. Never mess with the top of the rotation and know your role!

6. max

max All-Star

He would be another excuse for Flip to not develope talent. I say no and give Maxiel the minutes.

Have to start developing within. We are going to start seeing these young Pistons playing for other teams in the future and wonder why we let them go. I am glad Prince was not a couple of years behind or we would never have played him.

7. cwolfson

cwolfson First Round Draft Pick

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that the Pistons sign Harrington. Was just curious what others thought of him. Maxiell may (MAY) be a similar type guy, at least as good.

8. max

max All-Star

It was a good suggestion. Sorry if I came across a bit strong. He would be a good pickup for the min if I was not familiar with Flip and his dislike for taking chances on youth.

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

and the only reason he got his break was because we were losing a first round playoff series and tay was a roll of the dice. imagine if we breezed that series. tay might not be here anymore.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:fear:That would not be good to see. Unfortunantly we're going back down the road I believe. It will take our franchise player leaving, and a sudden playoff collapse to play these guys. Who knows maybe they won't get a chance:sorry: