Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That was a great game. I'm really having a tough time watching the Pistons play. I really do not like any of the guys as they stand on this team although I could root for some of them if they were someone else.

The C's did not play their best and were getting ridiculed by Van Gundy and Jackson at times. It made me miss the old Piston teams that could win on nights like that.

Where could the Pistons have gone if they spent some $$$ and what could they have done if they held on to LB for their run.
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

A little too much celebrating by the celtics. I am surpised by the level of play of Amare. He is really a great talent. I just thought there will be a slight fall off due to Nash's absence. Like other teams, Knicks need a center or another big man.
  3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Thats a good comparison. I remember Dyess back then.....he had such hops. Injuries...smh
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Those same Phoenix Suns that thrashed the Pistons Friday night lost to a team that is supposedly worst that our Pistons...the sad sac Kings. The Kings were down by 14 with 10 mins left in the game and outscored the three point happy Phoenix Suns 29-16 in the 4th.

Cousins was the spark down the stretch as he scored 28 pts, grabbed 8 boards and handed out 6 assists. He made all six of his FT including the tying FT and then two to seal the victory with only 15 seconds left. It was only the Kings 6th win of the year.

In other games I watched today, the Clippers blew a 16 point second quarter lead and lost to the Hawks in the early game at Staples by having another horrendous third quarter (yep they are worst than the Pistons when it comes to coming out after the break focused). The Hawks outscored the Clips 65-45 in the second half. Eric Gordon had a terrible shooting game and scored 7 of his 10 pts in the last 5 minutes but it was to late. Blake had his 21st double-double in row in losing effort scoring 31 pts and pulling down 15 boards.

Three hours later after the floor had been changed over at Staples, the Lakers took the floor vs the Grizzlies and basically had the same issue in the second half as the clips did as they too were outscored by twenty ~ by almost the identical score 66-46.... I guess the Lakers were looking ahead to the Mighty Pistons on Tuesday and just took the Grizzlies to lightly..:MusicBigGrin: losing to them 104-85....
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Basically means the Lakers will take out their frustration on the Pistons. Expect a merciless beat down.
  6. LA Dre

Phil Jackson is already blaming Kobe for yesterdays loss.

I watched that game last night....Rudy Gay had Kobe locked down in the first half and he could barely get off a shot and only 7 pts in the first half. The rest of team could not get it going. In the third, Kobe did take over with 17 pts and took at least 6-7 shots in a row to get the 17 and bring the Lakers back to within 5, but to many TO's by his team and the lack of D push the lead up past 15 and all the Kobe hprses could not get them back in that game.....don't blame it on Kobe Phil, your guys were not prepared.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Rajon Rondo with 12pts, 10 boards, 22 assists, 6 steals and a block in 43 or so minutes last night against the Spurs.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Hmmmm, only 12 points?
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sounds like a selfish effort where he was just padding his assist numbers at the expense of his teammates.
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...and selfishly stealing the ball from the other team so he could continue to pad his assist numbers.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How convenient that you left out that one of his shots got blocked....
  12. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

No shower at halftime allowing him freer access to rebounds in the 2nd half....:faint:
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is 1.1 block per 48 minutes.
  14. LA Dre

Meanwhile in Los Angeles....Chris Kaman could be the odd man out as DeAndre Jordan had a break out game with 14 pts, 20 boards and 6 blocks. He has 19 blocks in his last three games...and darn it Kim has him on her fantasy team.

Oh by the way, his teammate and my fantasy stud, Blake Griffin last night recorded his 22nd straight double/double with 22 pts and only 18 rebounds......

The Clipps, who had blown 4 straight games where they had double digit second qtr leads by failing to show up in the third qtr, were finally able to play four qtrs of basketball defeating the Nuggets 106-93, who had won four in row before visiting Staples Center.

Kaman, will begin participating in practice week, but still not due back from his ankle for at least 10 days...
  15. Brap

Brap Starter

Kaman for Tay. Kaman for Tay.... c'mon chant with me, Kaman for Tay....
  16. LA Dre

Yes the Clippers could use Tay... he goes home to Cali and Kaman comes home to Michigan.

Starting lineup

Tmac
    Gordon
    Kaman
    CV
    Monroe

Bench
    Stuckey
    Rip
    Wallace
    Daye
    Wilcox

Scrubs
    Bynum
    Max
    Summers

Future replacements
    JJ
    White
  17. Brap

Brap Starter

The starting lineup would like include Stuckey and Daye at PG and SF. I'd go back to CV off the bench and would start Monroe.

The more I watch Monroe, the more impressed I get by him. He's really getting it - playing a lot smarter, and better on O, and he's got great hands on D. He's also a really good athlete - and he's going to really come into his own as he gets stronger over the years. I'd continue having him play C and PF.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Trailblazers just hit 9 threes in the first half.

Matthews was 7-7 from deep! Going for the NBA record of 12 (Kobe & Donyell Marshall).
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Big game from Felton last night against Steve Nash.

23 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds.

This guy is coming into his own. On the year so far:

18 games this year with double digit assists compared to 3 for Stuckey.
    14 games with 20 or more points compared to 6 for Stuckey.
    14 games with 5 or more rebounds compared to 8 for Stuckey.
    7 games with 3 or more steals compared to 3 for Stuckey.
    8 games with a blocked shot compared to 4 for Stuckey.
    14 games shooting 50% or better compared to 8 for Stuckey.
    20 games with 2 or more 3-pointers compared to 0 for Stuckey.

Felton is kicking butt.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This is the same guy that LB didn't like at Charlotte, right? The same guy they believed was so horrible that they picked DJ Augustin instead of Brook Lopez in the draft to replace this guy.