Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Den/Mia game shows how valuable Spellcheck is. I wished we have traded Stuckey to Den instead of Spellcheck. In this game, Wade was poised to take over since LeKarma is out with his ankle injury. And here is the stat for Spellcheck & Wade:-

Player/Min/FGM-A/3PM-A/FTM-A/Pts/Reb/Ast/Stl/Blk/TO/PF/+-
    Wade/31/7-19/0-3/2-7/16/4/4/0/1/3/1/-25
    Spellcheck/27/4-8/3-4/3-5/14/4/4/0/1/0/2/+22

Spellcheck totally outplayed Wade in all aspects offensively and defensively. And he played him one on one defensively without much help. Really locked him down. And what's more valuable is that he is doing all this without makin any noise. Love to have this guy back.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Because I live here, I watch a lot of Nuggets games.

Spellcheck is turning out to be a helluva player for this team. Chauncey has played a big part in his development and acceptance in Denver. Billups made a point of really involving Afflalo from the get-go and it's paid off big time.

Of all the dudes that the Pistons have sent packing recently (Amir, Memo, Delfino, others) AA is the one that I wish we could take back.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

AA didn't fit in Detroit and he had to go. He is too smart and too much of hard worker to fit in with the trust fund baby.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep, a talent that Joe overlooked because he was so enthralled with Stucco...Alf was definitely a keeper.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The Clippers is pretty hot now. Will they make the PO even though their 1-11 or something start? What's up with their giant slaying btw? The won against the Hornets when they had the best record in the league, the same against the Spurs and wasn't this the case against the Mavs too? They also broke Miamis away streak and now the Lakers got served after winning 7 straight.

This is one of the most entertaining teams to watch imo. Lucky Dre!
  6. LA Dre

They are definitely exciting. They just have to play better defense consistently and not make the mistakes that they are prone to make. I wish I had gone to yesterdays Clipper/Laker game as we cheered them on in that one. Of course both Artest and Odom tried their dardest to hurt Griffin lst night and that was only after Kobe and Derek Fisher mugged him on a breakaway steal.

With Jordan and Griffin controling the boards they really don't need Kaman, but he will be a welcome addition if and when he comes back because I am sure that Griffin will get hurt sometime before the season is over. (he had 28 pts in the first half of todays game vs the Pacers and already has another double-double.)
  7. Mogilny

Griffin finished the win against Indy with 47p (highest of any player this season) and 14 rebs. Oboy!
  8. LA Dre

Good to see both the Heat and the Bulls lose tonight...at home. The refs tried their best to allow the Bulls to get the winning bucket, but DRose shot was off with less 3 seconds to go as the BCats beat the Bulls 83-82.

The Hawks-Heat Game went into OT but Lebron failed to hit a 30 foot three pointer to put the Heat ahead, and Joe J hit to Freebies to seal the 93-89 victory sending the Heat to their season high 4th straight loss.

Only 2 games tonight.....and none of fantasy players were in action:yellowprison:
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Heat were missing Bosh, their top plus minus player, and they couldn't win without him.

This is something you don't see very often... the Heat had 3 different starters combine for 2 total points. Anthony started and logged 43 minutes without a single field goal attempt.

What ball hogs.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Clippers probably won't make the playoffs this year. The bar has dropped in the West for making the playoffs since 50 victories shouldn't be necessary this season, but the Clippers have too much ground to make up. Besides, they have only like 2-3 home games in February.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, but he has yet to reach CV's level. That dude scored 48 in his rookie season. And he's not shy about rubbing it in either:

Charlie Villanueva (CV31) on Twitter
  12. Mogilny

LOL! This almost made me spit out my coffee on the laptop. Awesome find, Walt.
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Oh for the love of...:rolleyes::twitch:
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Charlie Cancerous > B-Griff!
  15. LA Dre

Even though the Pistons flight home from NJ will be quiet, they didn't get embarrassed like the two other teams tonight....

Hornets beat the Hawks by 41>> 100-59 and Magic beat the Rapters by 40 >>112-72

So maybe our 74 pts wasn't that bad afterall:nerd2:,,except it was to the Nets.....
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

59! I'm very jealous that isn't the Pistons holding a team to such a monumentally low score. I thought we were out of that era. 59!
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Dwight Howard had 31pts and 19 boards, I think, without playing in the 4th Q against Toronto last night.
  18. LA Dre

NBA Streaks

Toronto loses their 8th game in a row losing at home to the Grizzlies 100-98

Cavs lose their 17th game in a row losing at NY 103-101

Wizards lose their 21st straight game on the road (winless on the road this season) The Knicks beat them 115-106 at MSG of course.

In another close one that went down to the wire with David West hitting a 20 ft jumper over Serge Ibaka, the Hornets beat the Thunder in Nawlins 91-89 to win their 9th in a row.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man are the Spurs playing out of their minds this year. Only 7 losses.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Makes me really happy for Dyess, I'd love to see the Spurs beat OKC in the 2nd rd, LAL in the WCF and Bos (who beat Miami in the ECF) in the Finals, that's be like giving the middle finger to the NBA and all it's pampered stars.