Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I saw a story about this on TV a few weeks ago. Pops took a look at the roster coming into the season and decided they didn't have what it takes to play the kind of defense they were known for. So, he choose to change the defensive sets to make it easier on the players, but also choose to completely revamp the offense in order to score enough points to win. Seems to be working.

2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

So to recap the season so far Miami have been really bad, unbeatable, supercoached, injury prone and uncoachable in that order.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Interesting that the players aren't complaining and throwing the coach under the bus. After all...regular season success doesn't mean anything. I guess they could still pick up Sheed and toss the coach under the bus during the playoffs. How dare he change the style of play of his team...

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

You forgot strongly disliked.

I read something about Spoelstra being both, on the hot-seat and talked about as a COY candidate this year.

Funny thing is, I don't think Pat Riley wants any part of coaching those knuckleheads.

5. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I'm sure he won't mind collecting some more rings as an executive with the same knuckleheads.

6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

[STRIKE]Cleveland will win a Championship before the Miami Heat.[/STRIKE]

7. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree. Riley is too smart to hook his coaching legacy to this group. Lebron is a back-stabbing whiner. Spoelstra will keep weathering the all the storms. The team as presently constructed will not win a title.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:smiley_hug::goodstuff:

9. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Nights like last night are why some scouts thought Cousins could be the best player in this draft class. Dominated the LA frontcourt, was even out there hitting turn around jumpers and going coast to coast with Kobe in front of him. His 27/10 was enough to best Kobe's 38 point effort and lead the Kings to a win.

The kid is good.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Phil Jackson's post game quote was....."their frontcourt dominated our front court".... Dalembert and Cousins completely shut down Odom, Bynum and Gasoft.. The Kings turned a 3 point halftime lead into a 20 pt lead before the Lakers trimmed it to 4 with about 3 mins left, but Kobe missed 2 three attempts and Gasoft missed a couple of bunnies after being defended by Cousins and the Lakers who may have been thinking about Sunday's Celtic got beaten at home by a team with only 10 victories.

11. LA Dre

I have decided to start rooting for the Bulls to win the east and to have a date in the finals with either the Thunder, Hornets or Spurs.

There is career assistant coach Tom Thibideau sitting in Boston and helping Doc knock off the Pistons and then win the title in 2008 with defense and the big three, he was the obvious choice IMO for Joe to offer the job to instead of MC Curry or that clueless one who runs the team now.

I checked the Cavs schedule and they are 1-32 in their last 33 games and have lost 22 in a row. Before facing the Pistons next Thursday, they have pending losses to the Grizzlies, Trailblazers, and Mavs....

.......I am scared that they may break the losing streak against....you know who:sssh:

12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Last night's LA-SAS game was a great game. This Spurs team is very good. On a night where Duncan was laying brick after brick (3/12) and Genobili was also off (5/17), they still were able to beat LA at Staples center, thanks to Dice's buzzer beating tip-in.

That wasn't the only buzzer beater Dice had a hand in. Spurs closed the 1st half with an amazing basket by Gary Neal who launched the shot from behind the backboard as he was falling out of bounds. But, it was Dice that somehow saved a horrible pass to him and got the ball to Neal in the blink of an eye.

Even though on a 7-game series Lakers would still have the edge thanks to their size, and a certain player named Kobe, there isn't any other team that can match up with the Spurs out west. Their only weakness is a good defensive presence at the post. They don't have anyone other than Duncan that can guard the paint.

BTW, there has been some posts slamming Joe for having Dejuan Blair get away. All of the same people would be slamming Joe if Blair was on the Pistons roster now. He's really undersized and is very easily overwhelmed by larger players. He was too weak to defend Bynum, too short to defend Gasol and too slow to defend Odom. He's essentially Maxiell 2.0. He's doing good in San Antonio because the other starters on the team, Jefferson, Duncan, Parker and Genobili, are all really good players. You put Blair on the floor with Bynum, Gordon, Daye and CV and, well, he'll be slightly better than Maxiell on the offensive end and slightly worse than Maxiell on the defensive end. He ain't anything special.

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Watching the Celtics vs. The Mavericks. Is there a better shooter than Jesus Shuttleworth when he's feeling it? Good lord, that shot is pretty!

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

And as quick as it gets.

15. LA Dre

Nice fake by Kidd letting jesus Shuttlesworth fly by him....to stay out and take the three instead of dribbling in for a higher percentage 2 was great...of course he was playing vs the clock..so....

10-0 run by the Mavs to close it out and sweep the Celtics this season.

Mark Cuban was so happy I am sure he is going to bringing on extra dancing girls on the plane ride out of Boston.

16. LA Dre

Cleveland Cavs.....yep they lost again....:cold: 23 in a row and 33 of their last 34

17. LA Dre

Betcha he would still grab more boards than Max on any team he played on....face it we barely get any boards from Max, (2.5 pg) and Blair is pulling down almost 7 pg. Could have used those the last two years when Big Ben was out...plus he shoots better from the FT line than both Ben and Max...

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He's better than Maxiell, I'll give you that. But he's still an undersized PF. I'm tired of all the hatchbacks. We need a full-size sedan.

19. LA Dre

Now they are at 24 in a row. Next two games...on the road in Dallas and then at home to the Pistons...:sssh:

Like I said before, I hope we are not looking ahead to Miami and lose this one..

20. LA Dre

Heat's James, Grizzlies' Randolph named Players of Month | NBA.com

Well there goes are chance to swap Rip, Max and a draft pick for Zach...they will never let him go now..