Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rough homecoming: Cavs top LeBron, Heat - NBA- NBC Sports

James dodged the first barrage of boos by staying in the locker room during player introductions. He entered the arena under the cover of darkness while the Cavs were being introduced. James said that he missed the introductions because he was in the bathroom.

He was delayed getting to the morning shootaround after his car and another following him were not allowed to enter the Cavs' underground parking garage because he had not received clearance from his former team. James was eventually allowed in, but some in his party were not.

Yes, it's a good day.
  2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If the Bulls were to get the No.1 seed in the Eastern Conference, I actually hope the the Celts would all the way down to No. 3 seed so that the Heat would get the No. 2 seed has to face the Knicks. Looking at the current position, it looks like the no. 4 seed thought no. 7 seed is a lock in the Eastern Conference. No. 8 seed could either be the Pacers or the Bobcats. I'm pretty sure that the Knicks will give Heat more troubles than the Celts in the 1st round. The Knicks have more chance to bring the series to 7 games against the Heat. If the Heat manage to get pass the Knicks, then they will have the Celts waiting for them in the conference semis. The way I look at it, the Celts doesn't need home court to beat the Heat. Even if the manage to beat the Heat (minimum 6 games series), they will still have a tough time with either the Bulls or Magic.

To summarize the above, I just want the Heat to lose. End story.:MusicBigGrin:
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Me and millions of others agree with you on that one, friend.
  4. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

I'd be embarrassed to be a Cavs fan the way they reacted to winning that game. Anthony Parker addressed the crowd after the game. Hilarious.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That seems much more plausible.
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The Lakers blew out the Mavericks last night. Testy playoff atmosphere game with fights, 5 ejections and a fan rushing the Dallas bench who was stopped about 5 feet short by a horde of ushers.

The Mavs were actually fighting back and cut it to less than 10 points in the 4th when [STRIKE]Will Bynum [/STRIKE]JJ Barea tried to take over the game and failed. He kept on hogging the ball, forcing shots and taking long range jumpers while Nowitzki, Peja, Chandler and Jason Kidd just watched. Hard to see what Carlisle was thinking. When he finally pulled JJ Barea out, Nowitzki started scoring at will again, but it was too little too late.

Oh, and then, there was this:
    Video: Ron Artest reminds us that he is strong, the best - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Each time I see him do this I think he is checking his Right Guard deodorant to see if it has worn off:)
  8. Walter

9. LA Dre

Kings trail by 20 to the Lakers but then fight their way back to take a 3 pt lead only to see the Kobe tie the game with about 4.5 seconds left and then see Lakers win the game in OT to secure the second seed in the west.

A loss by the Lakers would have seen then facing the an upstart Portland team that may have taken them out. Instead they should be able to have an easy time beating the Hornets in the first round...

The last thing I need is to live through is another summer of Laker fans running amuck here in So Cal if they get the three peat....please somebody beat these guys so I can see Kobe and Fisher crying again...

Meanwhile Spurs lose their second close game in a row to finish behind the Bulls for the #1 overall seed. The Spurs probably won't be there anyway, so may not make any difference.
  10. LA Dre

Time to resurrect this thread to discuss hot topics on other teams and other games happening around the league when our Pistons are idle.

First of all, a day after the Heat return to number one in the NBA Power rankings, they lose to the 1 and 13 Wizards, despite a triple double by King James...:beer:

James Harden shoots 3 for 19 floor tonight but the Rockets stage a comeback as the Lakers defense collapses in the 4th quarter for the second time in a week and lose to Houston and now have a 8-10 record much to the chagrin of Laker nation and all of the media folk who had already put them in the finals before they played their first game. (Still could happen:bs:).....

Stat of the season so far.....Lakers are 1-8 when Kobe scores 29 points or more:biggrin:....He scored 39 tonight and is now 14 points shy of joining Kareem, Jordan, Wilt and Malone in the 30,000 point club.

Kobe called out Gasol after Sunday's come from behind loss to the Magic, saying he need to put on his big man pants so that he can contribute while the team learns the D'antoni system. Tonight, Gasol was in street clothes with some lame "tendonitus in the knees" injury.....local rumors suggest he is on the trading block....some blame the Laker issues on missing Steve Nash:bs:, but Steve is too old to play defense, and that is their major issue right now....and they don't have a bench...

[​IMG]
    roscoe36 likes this.
  11. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

McGee goes full McGee. Steals the rebound from a teammate, attempts a behind the back dribble, stumbles, throws the ball into the noosebleeds and takes out Lawson. Look at Faried who's prepared for the open ally oop and the teammate running next to him screaming for the ball. Instead of checking if Lawson is ok he celebrates with a high five and decides to take a play off and Indy gets a wide open three pointer.
    BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

This is the stuff that makes him a freaking blast to watch man!
    He scored like 4 points against the Knicks last night.
    TWO of those points were on a put-back dunk where he almost ripped the entire rim off the backboard.
    Then he mugged-it-up as he trotted back down the floor as if those two points were the most impressive points ever scored in the history of competitive sport.

...so awesome!
  14. LA Dre

With last nights loss to the Jazz at home, make that 1-10 when the Kobe scores over 29 points...(last night he scored 34)

To put it in perspective...the Lakers have won 3 of their last 10 and in the three wins, he has scored 14, 19 and 29 points......in the seven losses....he is averaging 36 ppg.

The team has lost 3 of their last 4 at home.....but fans are still shelling out $5000 a ticket (via Stubhub) for court side seats....:skull:
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I went to the Nugs v Suns game down here a few weeks ago with my sons basketball team. McGee threw down a dunk on the break where I don't think his body came within 10' of the hoop. It was sick.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh my. That's pretty bad all right.
  18. LA Dre

19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

20. Walter

I don't know if you guys have been paying attention to a certain Tim Duncan lately, but he's playing out of his mind this year. Last night he posted 22 pts, 21 rebs, and 6 blocks! He's averaging a double-double with 17.9 pts and 10.4 boards while swatting away 2.6 balls a game.