Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LeBron James says players who wear No. 23 should give it up in deference to Michael Jordan - ESPN

So now he's going to show respect to Michael Jordan and the game of basketball by switching...to Bill Russell and Dr J's number. :nerd2:

Maybe he should change his number to the number of championships he's won - 0

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I know you're joking, but that would actually be a very good move for him (if Gilbert Arenas didn't beat him to it).

Then, every time he won a championship, he could change his number. It would serve as a constant motivator every time you see yourself in the mirror in the locker room.

3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so your saying he should change his number to zero and thats where it will be for the rest of career? unless he tricks one of his buddies into signing for a sweetheart deal so he has somebody to take the heat off him...

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Such self-righteousness! Such arrogance. He can't even stay humble when he's paying tribute to someone.

He must have an interesting marriage. A threesome of him, himself and his wife.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Great point that I failed to mention, I too noticed that last night, Wade takes alot of fouls on the forearm because the defender just doesn't get up to where Wade is - which is at or above the rim; Stuck on the other hand doesn't explode or extend and ends up well below the rim, double clutching his way into a blocked Fg attempt.

True, true, it was clear he was more comfortable as a SG, but in no way did he look like a fish out of water the Stuckey does at times.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was going to bring up the point about LBJ switching to #6...and saying that he does not respect the game of Bill Russell the only player with 11 championship rings

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't you know, there was no history before LBJ.

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Active players wearing number 23 (in no particular order):

Toney Douglas - NYK
    Lou Williams - PHI
    CJ Watson - GSW
    Marcus Camby - LAC
    Jason Richardson - PHX
    Kevin Martin - SAC
    Lebron James - CLE
    Jodie Meeks - IND
    Devin Brown - NOR
    Stephen Graham - CHA
    B.J. Mullens - OKC
    Martell Webster - POR
    Wes Matthews - UTH

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

If I was playing today in the NBA... ok huge pipe dream... lol, but I would wear 23, its the number I wore thru highschool sports and has always been my favorite number because it was my Birthday.

But if there going to retire Jordon's number.... they better get in line to retire players that have done more on and off the court to make the world a better place.

Jordon was one of the best on the court, but off the court? he was all about keeping everybody happy... as he once said. Republicans wear shoes too.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I bet everyone agrees to it except for Wes Mathews.

11. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I think that Jodie Meeks is in Milwaukee.. not Indiana.

------------------

Tonight's games are great.. Denver vs Lakers looks promising..

I won't be home tomorrow to watch the Pistons vs Washington :(

12. LA Dre

I saw a scrolling graphic today on ESPN that the Kings are 4-4 and this is the first time they had been .500 or better since 12/4/2006. (when they were 8-8) Wow ..that means they lost the season opener 3 seasons in a row and could never get back to .500 the whole season let alone the first week.

If the win tonight vs the Rockets, it will be the first time they would be over .500 since they were 8-7 on 12/2/06.

The remarkable thing about their 4-4 record this season is that they lost the last game Kevin Martin played in and have won the three since he has been out to climb to 4-4. Their upcoming schedule looks rough, so will probably fall back .500 and stay there for awhile. Then again, maybe they don't need him, like we don't need Tay, and the Lakers who are 7-1 don't need Pau Gasol...???

13. LA Dre

Great games tonight and a number of surprises. First of all the supposedly bottom tier Kings won their 4th in a row without little K-mart...and got over 500 for the first time in three years (5-4) .I guess Martin is expendable.??

The two losers by the Hudson Bay, NY Knicks and JZ Nets extend their combined records to 1-18 with losses the the Warriors and the Magic who finally get Rashard Lewis back in their next game.

Not to be out done the equally struggling Twolves and Sixers lost again to the Mavs and Jazz.

New Orleans lost again despite the GM taking over for the fired B Scott. CP3 went down with a supposed severe ankle injury, which means the GM will be on the hot spot in two weeks ...

My second fav team the LA Clippers were once again victimized by bad coaching and bad play as they blew a 22 point lead and allowed Raptors to break 88-88 tie with about 7 mins left in the game and finish on a 16-1 run to end the game 104-89. The Raptors hit 9 three pointers including 4 in that closing 16-1 run. The Clippers blew a 17 point lead in the third qtr to the Thunder on Wednesday so like I said yesterday, Byron Scott your job is waiting for you in LA...

Now the two marqespn games of the night. The two favorites Celtics and Lakers were on a roll and the ESPN announcers were not only penciling them as probable winners tonight, probable NBA finalist too.But somebody threw a monkey wrench in the script...

Jamal Crawford came off the bench to score 18 pts and help Joe Johnson and the Hawks hand the Celtics their second home Friday loss of the season. (Please somebody check to see if any of our games in Boston are on a Friday night:))

Looks like Pierce went down in that game too and I hope it is not serious as he does fill up multiple stat categories on my fantasy team:sssh:. Sheed was 1-5 from beyond the arc in the loss.

The supposedly best team in the NBA Lakers (because they routed the hot Suns last night) were spanked by the Nuggets tonight by 26 points in a statement game where my other fantasy stud Kobe Bryant was held scoreless in the second half when the Nuggets outgunned Lakers 47--23. Former Piston defensive star Afllollo held Kobe to 2/10 shooting while he was guarding him. It still pains me that 3 players on that Nugget team, CB, CA and AA should be all wearing Pistons unis..thnx Joe

Got to take the wife out on a movie date tomorrow and visit her dad because it's his birthday so I will miss tomorrows game, but you all have a great time in chat and cheer on the Pistons

14. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Wow. Denver holds Kobe scoreless in the second half and holds the Lakers to 8 points in the third qtr. Sounds like Billups is preaching his defense philosophy thang he picked up in Detroit cause Denver was a joke of a defensive team before his arrival. I like how Big Ben is bringing that emphasis back to the Pistons.

15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Them Nuggets are for real. They are proving that last year was no fluke.

They'll probably steamroll through the season all the way to the 6th game of WCF. :sssh:

16. max

max All-Star

I agree. Zero respect for all those who came before Jordan.

If they do take up any of his suggestions then I can't see how it's going to help the game. Probably drive away a lot of fans.

17. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

These last few years have not been good to the NBA. They have made several bonehead rule changes trying to elevate the stars. ...

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

ROTFLMBO!!!!

19. max

max All-Star

I know. Plus is seems as though Lebran is the anti-Jordan. Turning fans off instead of bringing them in. Does anyone outside of Clev like the guy.

20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Brandon Jennings just dropped 55 on Golden State.