Other Games Around the League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by dba, Oct 28, 2009.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That's amazing (29 in the 3rd qtr)... the PG without the college ink may end up the best of the crop.
    As fantasy owners scramble to see the depth charts.
  2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The basketball gods must be angry with Kevin Martin. I think he needs to give up number 23 to appease them.
    :whoo: And made 7 out of 8 three-pointers to push me over the top in my fantasy matchup. Now my three guys playing tomorrow can't let my FG% and FT% drop too much, and the day is mine!!
  3. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Interesting how Pistons are 5-4 and certainly exceeding my expectations so far.
    Yet they are in last place as the top three teams in the Central have each won 4 in a row.
  4. max

max All-Star

I know. I have been hearing about a resurgence of the East this year but this is ridiculous.

Look at the bright side. We could have the satisfaction of finishing above .500 and still get a lottery pick.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bucks now 5-2...Jennings picked at number 10 may be the steal of the draft...I know he kicked our arse...
  6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

What is even more amazing is he had 0 points after the first qtr.
  7. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The most impressive thing about the 55 points of Jennigns..

It's that he did it shooting only 6-8 from Free Throws.. As i remember, Everytime we saw Lebron, Carmelo, Kobe, Wade or Paul doing more than 40 - 50 points, they doing it with a minimum 15 FT!!

+

He did it with an impressive 61.75% from the FG.

THAT is great too..
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I noticed that the Nuggs stuck Afflalo on Kobe the other night for almost the entire game (all but 5 minutes). Kobe went 7-17, got fouled twice, and turned it over 4 times.

That's a pretty hefty assignment for a young player. Also notice that the Nuggs accepted the option on his contract to keep him for an additional year through 2011.

Without Afflalo in the game this year, the Nuggs have been outscored by 16 points. With him in, they have outscored their opponents by 72 points. Surprisingly, they are beating teams with their bench while their starters have struggled somewhat.
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

yep great player.... but no matter how many folks want to say we should have kept him and found mins for him, find me a team that plays 5 guards 20 plus mins a night and wins. If he was a point guard... maybe he gets kept and we traded Will, but as this team stacks up he was the one that was going to be stuck on the bench. Joe did good by the kid and sent him to a team he's going to get mins and a chance to win.

Once rip gets back were going to have atleast 1 and some nights 2 guards that should be on the floor in crunch time sitting on the bench... only thing that would have been nice is if we could have gotten a center back from denver.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No way Joe trades Will. Will is super cheap, and we have the inside track on re-signing him.

Yes, we let Lalo go cheap, but these young guys have to go where they can play. If Aff stayed here, he would have been fast tracking to a post rookie deal Euro league experience.

Joe did him a solid by sending him to a contending team. Personally, I don't think Afflalo would have made our guard group much better, only different.

We'll see how good Afflalo is when he has to lock down Will The Thrill in the 4th Q. The last few years have taught me to be skeptical of bench performances. Those players play more of their time against other second tier players, and in Denver's case, they have a lot more depth than who they are up against. One would expect their bench to be better than the opponents' each night.

Bynum is arguably the best backup PG in the NBA right now. Now there is a test.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What if we traded Brown, Wilcox, Maxiell, and Rip for Tracy McGrady?

$24M of mediocrity and redundancy for $23M of expiring injury.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I would start needing to take heart medication if we did that.
  13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Hmm... Give up on the entertaining play we're seeing now so that we can compete for scraps in the FA market along with all the other teams that didn't land LeBron. What's not to like?

If I hadn't already paid for League Pass, I'd say go ahead. :MusicBigGrin:
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

...While I'm normally for any move that sends Weezy out of town, T-Mac makes me want to jam a ball-point pen in each eye rendering me unable to watch him. -even for if it's only for half of a season in a "rebuilding" year.
  15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What.... You got something against seeing a guy in a suit at the end of the bench??
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hornets get their second win under the new coach/GM beating western leaders Suns 110-103. This was w/o Chris Paul

Just a week ago, the Suns blasted the Hornets by 20 with CP3 playing and Byron Scott was canned.

My homeboy Darren Collison from Rancho Cucamonga, CA started in place of Paul and scored 15 pts and dished out 5 assists to lead the charge in crunch time.

It would be nice if Rip was on our bench cheering on his team the way Chris "out for 3-4 weeks" Paul was doing for his team tonight giving encouragement to the young rookie.

Jazz take care of Spurs in San Antonio 90-83 as the Spurs like the Pistons are missing two key guys, Manu and Parker and fall to 4-6.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Who would you rather sit next to on the bench, John Kuester or Bowser from Sha Na Na? It's a no brainer.
  18. detteam

detteam All-Star

19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

If given a chance to play I think your "homeboy" will be a suprise of the draft.... If we ever clear the logjam I'd like Joe to make a move for this pure pg with solid defensive skills.... oh yeah he's also a good shooter from distance.
  20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm wit'cha Merc. I'm convinced that as long as Stuckey is our "franchise PG" we'll never be a contender. I say keep Stuck and make him a really good scoring guard off the bench. This last draft was full of PG's too, Collison, Evans, Jennings, Lawson, Flynn, all of those guys look as if they're going to have really good rookie seasons.