Other NBA Games 2013-14

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Oct 30, 2013.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The undefeated preseason Bulls with the return of the Derrick Rose got a rude awaking last night. After a slow start of the Heat trying on their new bling, the Heat fell behind 9-2 and were up by 20 at half time thanks to a 17-0 run midway through the second qtr. The Bulls came back to make it respectable in the end, but the possibility of a three peat looks promising for the arrogant ones. And if Juwan Howard, sticks around on the bench or moves to coaching he will have enough rings to let C-Webb and Jalen Rose wear one.

The Clippers were to busy reading their press clippings and allowed the Laker scrubs to score 76 points and blitz Docs new team with hustle and a three point barrage. I am hoping this was just an anomaly as I was planning on possibly purchasing tickets when the Pistons visit the Lakers on 11/17, but not going to go if the new look no Kobe Laker scrubs are looking better than the new look Pistons 3 weeks from now.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Pacers-Magic game getting no love from Dre. Ha!

On the Pacers side, Lance Stephenson made fantasy owners happy with a 19pt 7reb 5ast and 2 3-pointers, shooting .667 from the field.

Jason Maxiell started for the Magic.

I think Orlando lost.
    coynejeremy and linwood like this.
  3. LA Dre

You are not going to win that many games when you have two former Pistons and Jameer Nelson starting.

Max didn't score any points in his 26 minutes of start time and grab as many rebounds as Nelson did with 6. Alf shot 3-14 from the floor and was quickly dropped from my fantasy team..............
  4. LA Dre

Welcome back NBA League Pass!!!! Here are some capsules that help out some fantasy owners...

Lakers still riding high from their win in capturing the opening night Staples Center LA championship got shot down by the Warriors tonight in the Oracle Arena losing by 31 points after trailing by as many as 35 points in the third qtr. Tonight the bench scored 52 points but this game was over at half time. The Warriors Klay Thompson was the games high scorer with 38 points and he didn't even play in the 4th quarter.

The Pelicans led the Pacers by 14 at the half, but their defense couldn't hold in the second half as the Pacers out gunned them 59-40 to win by five. Pelicans got 69 points from Holiday, Gordon and Anthony Davis, but nothing from anyone else.

Dwight Howard put the Laker drama behind him and excited his fantasy owners with 17 pts, 26 brds and 2 blocks in his Rockets debut win over Charlotte

Kevin Love proved that he is over his injury and eased the worry of his fantasy owners with 31-16 and 4 dimes in the Twolves win over the Magic.

KDurrant scored had the NBA high tonight with 42 points (22-24 from the FT line) including 2FT in the last 6 seconds as the Thunder held on the beat the Jazz 101-98.

The defending champs Heat loss tonight to the Sixers as DWade sat this one out. He must have hurt his hand trying to show off by trying on all three rings at once.

Jason Thompson's only basket of the night was a putback dunk with 42 seconds left in the game and it proved to be the winner as the Kings edge the Nuggets 90-88. Demarcus Cousins led all players with 30-14

Both the Boston Celtics and the Brooklyn Celtics lost tonight..................
    brofmfa, linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  5. LA Dre

A footnote to the Sixer - Heat game.....in addition to Dwade sitting out......Sixer rookie Michael Carter-Williams showed poise and grittiness in his NBA debut scoring 22 points, dishing out 12 assists, 7 boards, and had nine steals

I am not sure if he will continue this type of play, but just remember he was picked 3 spots after Pope....at # 11 in the draft.
    brofmfa likes this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Heck, If Stuckey were with the Sixers...he could put up....oh...never mind.
  7. LA Dre

Teams always go to their superstars on the last shot and that player gets a pass if he misses. If someone else misses that last shot then he gets blamed. Rose was 6 of 22 but took and hit the winning shot tonight. Carmelo was 8/22 and missed the final shot.....he had just under 6 seconds...should he have driven or passed to another open man? Melo is not afraid to take a jumper from anywhere, and he was not going to give it up,...

Chicago led most of the game until the Knicks rallied to tie it at 76 and take a 2 point lead with 4 mins to go. But the Bulls prevailed winning 82-81 over the Knicks with the jumper by Rose and as mentioned before, Melo could not match it.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I won't have League Pass 'til Monday. Sure would have liked to watch this one.
  9. LA Dre

League pass is free to everyone with cable or a dish until November 5th,,,,,,you just have to search for it on your channel guide.
  10. LA Dre

I know most of you were snoring but there was a shoot out at Staples tonight..as the Clippers take out the Warriors 125-116.

My oldest son who is employed by the Clippers, provided some free tickets but I deferred them to my younger son who took one his boys. Now I wish I had gone, but had some work to take care of. Plus I wasn't sure I wanted to see the Warriors manhandle the Clippers the way they destoryed the Lakers last night.

The Clippers still stunning from the supposed upset by the Lakers on opening night came out stroking tonight and held a 13 point half time lead and blew the lead up to 18 midway through the 3rd on three straight steal/lob combos by the CP3 and Blake. However that lead was trimmed back down to 8 as Step Curry continued to drop threes from 4 ft beyond the arc.

CP3 wanted to win this one more than anyone else dropping 42 pts, 15 dimes and had 6 steals. Curry just misses a triple double scoring 38 points, 9 assists and 11 Turnovers...

Klay Thompson was a disappointment taking only 7 shots. with 10 points. The ironic thing is last night against the Lakers, Klay scored 38 points and Curry had 10....tonight, Curry got 38 points and Klay got 10. Klay is on my fantasy team so I was disappointed with the 10 pts....

The starters were the stars tonight with the Clipper starters getting 101 points and the Warrior starters getting 101 points, so it was the Clipper bench led by another fantasy guy of mine Jamal Crawford (who scored 17) that actually won the game 25-14
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    brofmfa likes this.
  11. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched this game - very entertaining. The seeds of dislike have well and truly been planted between these teams and it sure would be fun if we get to see them square off in the playoffs.
  12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Fire Dumars!
  13. Walter

The other thing that's interesting this season is that the Rockets are playing Howard and Asik together. In the first game, Asik didn't score much, but between the two of them they grabbed 40 rebounds and blocked 4 shots. Neither one has an outside game to speak of, but that's another team that's going big.
  14. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't think that's going to last IMO, I think Asik will be traded pending a suitor. But look who the Rockets surround those two with compared to us:
    (3PM/3PA/3p%) - 2012
    Harden (2.3/6.2/36.8)
    Parsons (2.0/5.2/38.5)
    Beverly (0.9/2.3/37.5)
    Lin (1.1/3.1/33.9)
    Garcia (1.2/3.1/37.4)
  15. Walter

I agree. Asik will definitely not finish the season in Rockets uniform.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

He played another great game against Chicago too! 26 points, 10 asts, and 3 steals......and that questionable jumpshot of his? 47% from three thru the first three games! WOW! Would have been nice to have him as a Piston, but as of right now, I'm more than satisfied with KCP!
    linwood likes this.
  17. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

I am satisfied with KCP as well, but in all fairness I don't know if MCW would see the playing time as a Rookie with Mo, plus our organization doesn't exactly have the best track record of developing and putting in rookies to develop. I think he is flourishing in Philly b/c they actually need him, and in turn this plays into his actual skill set. Kind of hard to display your skill set with limited minutes or if you are riding the pine behind 3-4 other PGs.
  18. LA Dre

You could state that MCW is the key factor as to why the Sixers are 3-0.... including wins over two of the EC Favs Heat and Bulls. Only 3 games so the jury is still out on all of the rookies........
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Not in Detroit!!! KCP is riding the pine............
  20. LA Dre

So far tonight 2 of the 4 remaining unbeaten teams have gone down to defeat with the Cavs edging the Twolves and the Warriors running the Sixers out of their own gym by 20 points.

The Cavs led by 15 at the end of the 3rd but had to hold as Klove missed a 3 with less than two seconds on the clock that would have won it for the wolves had it gone in.
    #1 pick Anthony Bennett continues to impress not impress, getting 1 board, 1 block and 1 steal in nine minutes of play. He has played in 4 games and missed all 12 of his shot attempts.

Andre Iggy returned to Philly and led the Warriors with 32 pts... the game was over at halftime as the GS led 24 at the half and 98-65 at the end of 3. So much for the new and improved # 1 Sixers.... rookie sensation MCWilliams lead the sixers with 18-6-4

In the battle of the two teams the Pistons last played, Memphis was able to pull away in the last minute to win vs Boston who for awhile looked as if they were going to get their first win.

One more game tonight featuring the unbeaten Rockets vs the Pacific favorite Clippers. Dwight Howard making his return to Staples got a few boos as some unforgiving Laker fans snuck into the building and so far has been it has been all Clippers as they jumped off to a 20-6 lead half way thru the first quarter and are now lead them 29-16. Check it out on NBA-TV as the Rockets are raining threes once Dhow went out with foul trouble.

Tomorrow is the last day of the free NBA league pass for those who have not subscribed yet.