1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Other NBA Games 2013-14

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just watched a few Houston games. Houston is the only West team I follow. They lost badly to Memphis, and won close ones with SA and Dallas. In SA, Superman was fouled 7 straight times. And he made 9-14 freethrows to help Houston stretch their lead. Next night, apparently having not gotten the memo on the fact Superman was practiced up at the line, they hacked Superman once. He made 2-2. They gave that up, but happened to foul him the next play to stop him from scoring inside. And he made 2-2 again. Obviously, Dallas did not employ the strategy at the end of the game. Which had a bit of a Piston tie- in as Calderon missed two straight triples, either which would have won it for Dallas at the end.

2. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I won money on that Dallas game. Stupid betting company was paying $2 that Nowitzki would get more than 6 rebounds. Easy money.

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lots of betting opportunities this time of year...

Which coach will throw the challenge flag first in the Super Bowl?

People bet millions on the coin toss. Heads has come up 5 straight years. If you think "Tails is due", then you do not understand probability and have no business betting on anything...

The Panda and linwood like this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Heads is on a roll. Gotta go with the momentum and the proven winner.

5. The Panda

Maybe we should offer heads a contract.

6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Winner. Tony Delk was the only other guy under 10ppg to do it. I still think Delk retains his title of most unlikely 50 point game. Ross has more game.

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The NBA National TV Big board really knows how to pick them....4 straight blow outs ....OKC over Miami on Wednesday night on ESPN, in last night's TNT games Knicks blow out Cavs in game 1 and Warriors blow out Clipps in the night cap. Tonight on ESPN, OKC leads the Nets by 28 at half time.

What happen to those nail biters that are planned when these TV games are scheduled?? At this point, they may as well schedule the Pistons who will at least be competitive untill mid way thru the 4th quarter.

8. LA Dre

Sad day around my house hold when both the Pistons and Clippers lose.... both teams won Saturday night as me and the wife listened to Pistons game on the car radio and then attended the Clipper/Jazz game at Staples where they pulled away from a tight halftime game to a 15 point win.

Tonight the wife came home and watched the Pistons flame out in the end and tried to comfort me...... Next we switched to the Clipper/Nugget game to see those two teams trade hoops all the way to end only to see former Clipper Randy Foye hit a three pointer at the buzzer 116-115 on a broken play that started with only 6.2 seconds on the clock. Mrs. Dre was beside herself in anger as was my mother in law who called to ask what the hell happen. As like the Pistons, costly Clipper turnovers down the stretch and a lot of unnecessary jumpers kept the game close so the Clippers who had a 107-101 lead with a little over 3 minutes left loss the game on missed jump shots while the Nuggets hit six free throws down the stretch. Clippers Matt Barnes hit a 3 pointer with 6.2 seconds to put LA up 115-113, and it appears they were still celebrating when Foye got off his lucky improbable 30 foot Sport Center top 10 shot. The Clipps got out boarded 52-17....!!!

Former Pistons Brandon Knight and Kris Middleton were both instrumental in a rare Milwaukee victory as the Knicks continue to semi-tank. Knight hit a three ball with 2.3 seconds left in the game to win it 101-98 after Melo had hit a three with 19 seconds left. Knight finished with 25 points. The guy we seemed to miss the most, Khris Middleton hit 4 threes on 6-9 shooting for 19 points. As Lee says, we could surely use a guy like that on our team this season.

9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had to check that stat! It was actually 37, not 17. Reason being I recall the Nets setting the record for lowest ever boards in a game with 17 just a few days ago. Clippers aren't that bad. :fear:

The Panda and roscoe36 like this.
  10. LA Dre

yep, you are correct....my mistake....and yep that was a record set by the Nets just last week.

Another bit of tidbit, the Lakers went 3-12 in January, the first time they had lost 12 games in 50 years (February of 1964). They will get a top 5 pick and in two years will be ahead of the Pistons..............unless we tank like too....

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

LA Dre wtote:

Former Pistons Brandon Knight and Kris Middleton were both instrumental in a rare Milwaukee victory as the Knicks continue to semi-tank. Knight hit a three ball with 2.3 seconds left in the game to win it 101-98 after Melo had hit a three with 19 seconds left. Knight finished with 25 points. The guy we seemed to miss the most, Khris Middleton hit 4 threes on 6-9 shooting for 19 points. As Lee says, we could surely use a guy like that on our team this season.[/quote]

Just watched the Milwaukee game. Lots of fun to watch Giannis be a scoring hero, especially in the 4th, in front of his parents up in the crowd. Knight was lots of fun to watch with all his scoring in this one, while Middleton was hitting pull up 3's like layups. Middleton was also doing a whole lot of moving the ball for Milwaukee. I especially liked Milwaukee going with Knight at point, with Middleton and Giannis on the wings in crunch time. I like Wolters just fine mind you, but I hate to see two point guards out there when you only need one. With his flaws, I still say go with Knight, and let him learn. Giannis in the long run is going to do you more good as as starter vs. Wolters. And besides, if Wolters was Knight's backup, it would eliminate having to let Ridnour play with his poor D.

12. The Panda

Middleton was filler on that deal, and he really looks solid now he is getting minutes. I'm really glad for him although I wish he got them here.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not confident that Middleton would have seen the light of day if he were still on our team. He'd probably be lighting it up in the D-Leauge right now.

The Panda likes this.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He'll be playing the minutes that Datome is playing now. I'm happy for Middleton that he's not here any more.

15. LA Dre

He would get Singler minutes if he were injured and all of the leftover every four game minutes that go to JJ, GiGi and CV...

16. LA Dre

In the battle of two 16-32 teams sporting losing streaks, (Cavs 4 and Lakers 7), the Lake show finally got off the snide, but had to hold on to beat the Cavs 119-108 after holding 70-49 half time lead.

The Lakers who lead the league in injury missed games, suffered two more injuries tonight with both Nick Young and Jordan Farmar going down. Farmar, Steve Blake and Steve Nash had all made their 2014 debuts in last nights loss to the Twolves after being injured and sitting on the bench since December. (Nash since November)

As soon as they returned, Jordan Hill and Jodie Meeks both went down last night and weren't able to play in tonight's game. With all of those injuries, the Lakers had only 8 players available and after Farmar and Young went down, they were down to six.......After Chris Kaman fouled out, they were down to five.......Center Robert Sacre got his sixth foul with 3 and half minutes and because you need 5 players on the court, he gets to stay in with 6 fouls and the Cavs get to shoot one technical free throw. The Cavs however, couldn't over come the big lead and get beat by injury tanking Lakers who won for the first time since January 19th.

17. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I woulda put Nash in the game...

18. LA Dre

He wasn't supposed to play in a back to back, but I can't remember if he was dressed at the beginning of the game or not. He popped up in the 4th quarter dressed to come in though and possibly would have if they had gone into OT.

For the Cavs, was this really a tank job, being beaten by a short handed Laker team with no named scrubs in the lineup.

19. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Sources: Cavaliers general manager fired - Yahoo Sports

20. LA Dre