Other NBA Games 2013-14

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Oct 30, 2013.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He's signaling rebounding positions like a setter in volleyball.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How is it that a team without their two best players from 2 years ago (Deng and Rose) are winning and teams like the Pistons and Knicks are floundering.....

DEFENSE!!!! If there is one other thing we can fault Joe on was not going after Thibedeau when he decided to can Flip. The guy coaches defense and discipline, the two things missing from the Pistons the last 4 years.

The Bulls are now 3rd in the east where two months ago they were behind us.....The Knicks are a bigger disappointment than we are....they were scheduled for 10 national TV appearances and superstar Camelo and coach Mike Woodson ...who never smiles are definitely taking more heat than Jo, Mo, Josh, Jennings, Moose or Singler.

The Knicks and the Wolverines both have won 21 games. If Wolves win at least two game in the Big 10 tourney and go to the finals, they could win at least 30 games.......any bets that the Knicks will win 30?

The challenge is who will win more games, Tim Hardaway Jr's current team or his collegiate team? I will up date you before April. :clap2:
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd rather be us than the bulls right now personally, if we can tank this thing out. They are in no man's land... not technically, but practically. 0 percent chance if winning a title this year.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I'd rather be the Bulls...

1. Better head coach.
    2. Better record.
    3. No BOT
    4. Noah is decent.
    5. No JD
    LA Dre likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We don't have bot next year. Our records start over. Our coaching spot can be filled by any one else in the world. We don't have a perpetually injured star under contract. We have dre instead of noah. Younger and much higher upside.

Bulls are paying rose twenty mil a year through 2017.
  6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Noah is playing like a top 10 player.
  7. Nemo

AAaaahhhh....but your post said "right now".

Anyways...Wouldn't surprise me if...

1. JD returned.
    2. BOT returned.
    3. We hire another "rebate" as coach.
    4. Noah has a better career than Dre.
    5. Bulls have a better record next year.
    6. Rose stars next year.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I am saying right now. I really don't like their situation.

They are just starting to tank and shed assets and we have the better core.

No way in hades that Charlie gets extended.
    Nemo likes this.
  9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Noah is good but he is the Bulls best player at this point. That's not a good long term situation. Rose is eating up their cap and after two years on the bench it's really unclear if he ever really returns to form. I personally doubt it. Jimmy Buckets is going to be wanting big money by the time they can compete properly and Deng was a big cog in that machine. Thibs is almost certain to leave if not this year then next. They don't have cap space, good picks, or players to take them over the top. They play ugly basketball, can't buy a bucket and will get shut down in the play offs.

Even if Rose comes back next year, there is no way that he can take that team in its current state, now without Deng, to even within a sniff of a championship.

The Pistons have good young pieces, cap room, and huge upside.
  10. Nemo

Bulls are 21-9 in their last 30 games.
    I look for them to retool this off season.
    Chicago will make good moves for next season.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The ideal scenario would be for Thibs to see the writing on the wall (that BUlls lost their chance) say "aah, forget it" and then we hire him.
    LA Dre likes this.
  12. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

JIMMMMERRRR!
    coynejeremy likes this.
  13. LA Dre

As the Clippers lay the beat down on the Lakers home floor (109-60 after three quarters) just remember that everyone in the lower bowl paid at least $95 a ticket to witness this second half garbage extravaganza. I checked StubHub last night and even the tickets in the crows nest were averaging $50.

Laker season ticket holders will hose their fellow Laker fans with high prices even though their beloved are tanking. However the priceless look on Mitch Cupkake's face indicated that they weren't tanking, they were just getting ran off the floor.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'm taking time to writeup a game between Milwaukee and Orlando, just because its an example of a coach deciding to win a game, and sticking with a unit that was working.

Milwaukee was behind most of the game, but they completed a 34 point turnaround at one point in the game, with the following unit on the floor for most of it, a unit full of speed and length:

Sessions and Knight at guards. Giannis at small forward. Middleton at power forward. Henson at center. Yeah, it was just Orlando, not that good of a team. But anyway, I root for both teams on an every game basis these days, but I root for Milwaukee, with Middleton and Knight, over Orlando. Knight was the scoring hero in this one, mostly him getting to the hoop. He was also the defensive hero as he made Afflalo look like a raw amateur. Sessions was also getting to the hoop plenty. Middleton was bombing, and hitting, from long range. Henson and Giannis were just mostly adding their length to the defense. Henson does on occasion hit one of his sweeping hooks, and Giannis did hit a triple late to help cement the game.

For Orlando, Harris started out hot but went the next 3 quarters doing zilch. Olidipo looked pretty good, especially on outside shooting.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Slow day at the office?
    linwood likes this.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just taking a quick break. I exercise as I watch these games. Pacing back and forth, side to side, doing step, riding a stationary bike, weights, Tai Chi, etc.
    linwood likes this.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why does Milwaukee have the worst record in the NBA? No talent or poor coaching?
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

In the games they win, their coach has a clue. In the games they lose, he has no clue. He oscillates between clueful and clueless throughout the season.
    The Panda likes this.
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm picturing you doing Tai Chi while watching basketball in frame by frame, occasionally pausing to take notes in Korean. Awesome!
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  20. LA Dre

Why does the NBA schedule a team to play in Denver on the second night of a back to back? with altitude. The Clippers got into their hotels at 3:30AM in the morning. Three Clippers couldn't suit up in Collison, Reddick and Crawford. but the tired Clippers still hung in there despite the rough physical play by the Nuggets who were celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Nuggets #8 seed knocking off the #1 seeded Sonics in first round of the 94 playoffs. That team included Mutumbo, LaPhonso Ellis, Robert Pack, Chris Jackson and the MIA Bison Dele who if he had shown up.....they would have cancelled the game.....

Clippers came into Denver riding a 11 game win streak and were ready to add # 12 tonight and then lucky #13 vs the Pistons on Saturday and then #14 vw the Bucs next Monday..... But nope, the Clippers ran into their nemesis, the streak busting Nuggets who had previously stopped the 17 game win streak the Clippers had last season. After the Clippers went up 98-96, the Nuggets finished the game on a 14-2 run.

The Nugget bigs, from Hickson to Faried did their best to intimidate Blake and it worked as he shot a season low 7-25, from the floor, but a season high 12-12 from the line and finishing with 26 points. We could use a guy like Faried on the Pistons..with ..energy and conviction...(16 pts/18 boards)- or even Hickson 16-11.